Leafs

Ell

I was a Leafs Fan all my life.  As a Fan I have waited long enough for them to re-capture the Stanley Cup.  The NHL is no longer a league that is reasonable or fair for the Fans.  It seems the Americans have captured the market (money talks).  when you look at the way the games always end up and the money involved this is exactly whay the Canadian Franchises never do well when it counts.  The officiating is very suspect as well.  So anyway the Leafs will stay a bunch of bums but the players really only care about making their huge salaries anyway.  In the old days the teams played for real and anyone could win.  Its been 25 years going on 26 since the last Canadian Franchise won the Cup.  It's obvious that Betman is getting his way.  You would be a fool not to realise that.  Anyway this is just another example of the way the World is going.

On 4/23/2019 at 4:28 PM, Ell said:

I was a Leafs Fan all my life.  As a Fan I have waited long enough for them to re-capture the Stanley Cup.  The NHL is no longer a league that is reasonable or fair for the Fans.  It seems the Americans have captured the market (money talks).  when you look at the way the games always end up and the money involved this is exactly whay the Canadian Franchises never do well when it counts.  The officiating is very suspect as well.  So anyway the Leafs will stay a bunch of bums but the players really only care about making their huge salaries anyway.  In the old days the teams played for real and anyone could win.  Its been 25 years going on 26 since the last Canadian Franchise won the Cup.  It's obvious that Betman is getting his way.  You would be a fool not to realise that.  Anyway this is just another example of the way the World is going.

Canada cannot seem to do anything anymore when it comes to professional sports. Winning a Stanley Cup is just about history for Canada now the way things are going these days in the NHL. Although most women's Canadian sports teams do better than men's teams, and the women help save Canada's hockey bal-s. :D  There can be no doubt about it that the American owners and coaches do work well together to try and keep the Stanley Cup in America. I don't see that cup ever coming back to Canada for a very long time. I think that the Vancouver Canucks spend too much time doing PR work rather than concentrating on hockey and winning the Stanley Cup. They need to practice hockey more, and PR less. 

On 4/24/2019 at 9:58 PM, RB said:

They lost.  The other team was superior.

Everyone can develop abilities, we can have less money for great talent.  They need to practice and work together.  They are good.  Just not yesterday.

When you watch Boston play it's go-go-go. They don't slow down. They hit, they fight, and they scramble to get the job done. I think that this may be Boston's year to win the Stanley Cup. If they meet Washington by chance that will be a good hard hitting series to watch because both are go-go-go. Just saying. 

• 1 year later...