Gay Loonie

Whether the history of gay people in Canada warrants a genuine reference on a coin  is in essence an argument as to what constitutes sufficient historic relevance to obtain such reference. Measuring whose experiences in Canadian society are relevant or not ultimately becomes a political one. No doubt some will see this coin as a transparent attempt to pander to the gay vote for the upcoming election. I suspect it is.

That said I am not aware of any objective method of analysis that is used to determine who gets to be on a loon.

My cynical opinion is that Trudeau is pandering. However I tend to also agree with BC and Shady on this for the reasons they said verbatim. In such a discussion I can understand a genuine debate over what makes something historically relevant but turning the discussion into an expression of hate for or negative false stereotypes of  gay people to me is pointless.

All I can say is I think this started when we made the national animal of Canada the beaver and not the eel.

Hell they eat beaver tails openly in Ottawa.  That is the kind of country we are.

Also don't get me going on what is top and bottom on these coins. Very complex.

Whether the history of gay people in Canada warrants a genuine reference on a coin  is an argument as to what constitutes sufficient historic relevance to justify  such reference.

That said I am not aware of any objective method of analysis that is used to determine who gets to be on a loo

I agree with BC and Shady. In such a discussion I can understand a genuine debate over what makes something historically relevant but turning the discussion into an expression of hate for or negative false stereotypes of  gay people to me is pointless.

All I can say is I think this started when we made the national animal of Canada the beaver.

Hell they eat beaver tails openly in Ottawa.  That is the kind of country we are.

On 4/19/2019 at 2:08 AM, Robert Greene said:

Honestly, why not incest? Why not have sex with your sister if it feels good? If we are going to promote personal choice, it's easy to argue that it's no ones business to interfere with another persons sexuality.

Entirely misses point.

2 minutes ago, Nefarious Banana said:

Again, classic deflection . . . . 

Enjoy yourself . . . 

Again, care to actually describe said deflection?  You couldn't on your other accusation...

29 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Now Canada's legal tender shall be a laughing stock.

It's propaganda. And IMHO, the State should not be used for such.

====

When foreigners leave Canada, what do they keep ? Our coins or paper money?

I would have put the kissing people/guys on the brown $100. Gift to us all.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

No, but it wasn't a laughing stock. Get it, Gay Loonie?

And it won't be tomorrow either.  It'll be just the same, with a few people changing their views one way, a few people changing their views the other way, and the vast majority of people not giving a toss.

And I'm rooting for Goonie! 

Sod Taxme and his Gaynie idea.

Edit>  Haha, I just got my own joke!

Edited by bcsapper

12 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Now Canada's legal tender shall be a laughing stock.

The spectacle of queasy conservative men trying to get around this will be pretty funny.  Picking thru their change wearing disposable latex gloves, inspecting it carefully.  Maybe they could carry a purse so they don't have to carry it in their pocket - I mean, who needs that so close to their junk right?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, eyeball said:

The spectacle of queasy conservative men trying to get around this will be pretty funny.  

Do you remember Mr Canada?  He used to post in detail about how much gay affection disgusted him.  Eventually he was compelled to travel to Toronto and attend Pride with a video camera to record evidence of the disgusting acts   :lol:

20 hours ago, eyeball said:

The spectacle of queasy conservative men trying to get around this will be pretty funny.

Nonsense. There are even conservative men and women whose children are gay. and they still love them, too, imagine that. Look, if you want to be gay with another man, ok go ahead. But I don't want to see it, nor think about it all the time. I see no reason for it to be constantly put it on display such that I must continually acknowledge it and reaffirm my acceptance of it. Because quite frankly, I don't give a hootin what you people do.

Maybe they could carry a purse so they don't have to carry it in their pocket - I mean, who needs that so close to their junk right?

Indeed, it will be like having a Gay- Pride parade in my pocket.

22 hours ago, eyeball said:

The spectacle of queasy conservative men trying to get around this will be pretty funny.  Picking thru their change wearing disposable latex gloves, inspecting it carefully.  Maybe they could carry a purse so they don't have to carry it in their pocket - I mean, who needs that so close to their junk right?

Hey even commies like you can be  funny. Lol. Funniest post in awhile on this thread.

2 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Indeed, it will be like having a Gay- Pride parade in my pocket.

Ouch. That has to hurt. Oh let's put it in perspective. Its pandering for gay votes in the upcoming election. No one should be surprised least of all gay people..  Trudeau will leverage the coin crap for support from leaders in the gay community in the next election and they should tell him to phack off witht he bs tokenism but it is their decision to make. If a coin can manipulate them that easy, its too bad. They are surely more intelligent than that as a collective.   How can anyone mistake the pre-election pandering of Trudeau? Its so bloody obvious and clumsy.  A few weeks ago it was idiot photo ops with Siekhs in BC, then there was the grinning Trudeau in front of the Israeli flag with the Israeli President who came and went faster than any act Trudeau has engaged in if you catch my cryptic reference. The pandering has started and we shall see more of it all summer.

It was funny watching Trudeau squirm yesterday with Kenney. Man he looked like he had a bad rash. All that squirming. Even more moves than when he was prancing about in India. He can pander all he wants I am not sure at this point it will revive his lack of popularity. We shall see.

Edited by Rue