Vaccine Comedy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://globalnews.ca/news/3848065/case-of-diphtheria-confirmed-at-edmonton-elementary-school/

Diptheria in Edmonton.

These diseases are all making a comeback thanks to anti-vaxxers.  I think we have all forgotten how terrible these diseases were and how many people they killed.  My friend posted this article on her facebook page because she has a child in kindergarten at the school and a newborn at home who is too young to be vaccinated for diptheria yet.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Let's see, western countries are taking in tens of thousands of immigrants every year, both legal and illegal, but people want blame anti-vaxxers even though nobody can actually cite any real people that are anti-vaccines, even the articles linked to don't actually mention any real people that are associated with that.  It's probably 0.01% of the population.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Shady said:

Let's see, western countries are taking in tens of thousands of immigrants every year, both legal and illegal, but people want blame anti-vaxxers even though nobody can actually cite any real people that are anti-vaccines, even the articles linked to don't actually mention any real people that are associated with that.  It's probably 0.01% of the population.

Vaccinations at the border then?  I can see that.

Not much one can do about illegals. 

Edited by bcsapper

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, Shady said:

If they don’t exist what are we arguing about? Firstly, they do exist:

https://www.pharmacytimes.com/resource-centers/immunization/antivaccine-celebrities-have-inordinate-amount-of-influence

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/five-years-on-bill-maher-is-still-an-antivaccine-crank-and-proves-it-yet-again/

Secondly, they often like to describe themselves misleadingly as hesitant, sceptical or ’having questions’ about vaccines so that their real position is missed. 

• 3 months later...

God forbid Ebola ever comes to Canada.

Ebola was discovered in 1976 near the Ebola River in what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since then, the virus has emerged periodically from its natural reservoir (which remains unknown) and infected people in several African countries.Jun 19, 2019

It has been been declared a Public Health Emergency of International Concern on 17 July 2019.

In December 2016, a study found the VSV-EBOV vaccine to be 95-100% effective against the Ebola virus, making it the first proven vaccine against the disease. In November 2019, the European Commission granted a conditional marketing authorization to Ervebo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_vaccine

https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/history/distribution-map.html

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:52 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Measles. If you unfortunately are an adult with no immunities, because you are on chemotherapy or on a drug because you had a transplant, measles are usually fatal.

It is amazing we still have to explain and educate to people about what a vaccine is. In Quebec there were needless cases of polio when I was a kid because of a wide spread ignorance of vaccines.

We need a vaccine to help prevent idiocy.

Apathy, ignorance and anti-vaxxers are real and will kill people. I’m a big fan of Bill Maher’s show Real Time but he has had multiple guests on, often seemingly knowledgeable physicians, who push the anti-vaxxer message. If any parents absorb this fake news and fail to vaccinate kids who subsequently die as a result, Maher and HBO should be held liable. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

53 minutes ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

Apathy, ignorance and anti-vaxxers are real and will kill people. I’m a big fan of Bill Maher’s show Real Time but he has had multiple guests on, often seemingly knowledgeable physicians, who push the anti-vaxxer message. If any parents absorb this fake news and fail to vaccinate kids who subsequently die as a result, Maher and HBO should be held liable. 

Either people have the right to make a choice...or they don't.   Can't shame them into giving up their rights to their own bodies, a common argument for abortions on demand.

I am not sure as of 2019, but Canada was the only G7 nation without a national vaccination injury compensation program.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:59 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Either people have the right to make a choice...or they don't.   Can't shame them into giving up their rights to their own bodies, a common argument for abortions on demand.

I am not sure as of 2019, but Canada was the only G7 nation without a national vaccination injury compensation program.

But should other people, e.g. schoolchildren, have to bear the risk of that choice? 

6 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

But should other people, e.g. schoolchildren, have to bear the risk of that choice? 

For a practical matter, and absent 100% compliance and effectiveness, yes they do, and always have.

There are many other vectors/venues for school children and others to be exposed to communicable diseases.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:01 AM, Kenneth Taylor said:

If you refuse to vaccinate yourself or your loved ones, do the world a favor and isolate yourself.

Hey, if you already have vaccinated yourself, then you have nothing to fear from me. You are now vaccinated and are now safe from my disease. You can now go about your life safely, and not have to worry about anti-vaccination people like me. I cannot hurt you now. Lol. 

On 12/15/2019 at 6:05 AM, bush_cheney2004 said:

For a practical matter, and absent 100% compliance and effectiveness, yes they do, and always have.

There are many other vectors/venues for school children and others to be exposed to communicable diseases.

The problem with vaccinations is that no one ever bothers to try and find out as to what ingredients are in the vaccines that people are about to take. There is said to be aluminum, formaldehyde, formalin benzethonium chloride, and other chemicals in some vaccines. What is with that stuff doing in vaccines anyway? But whatever, anyone wishing to have a vaccine injection should first look up as to what is in the vaccine. Many vaccines have caused autism in children. Be safe, not sorry. 

On 12/14/2019 at 11:16 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

If one takes their vaccine shot for whatever illness or disease that is out there, then they should have nothing to fear from anyone who did not take the same shot. They should now be protected from the one who did not take the vaccine. But vaccines should be taken by those who want to take the vaccine. No one should be forced to take any vaccine. To allow a doctor to pump something into your blood without you at least knowing as to what the ingredients are in the vaccine is a foolish act on anyone's part. Just remember. Big Pharma makes hundreds of billions of dollars on people who take their vaccines, and it is big pharma that is pushing the program and agenda that one must take their vaccine shot to be safe from whatever. Hey, you want to keep your house clean. Then you must buy my brand new cleaning products even though you do not know as to what dangerous or harmful chemicals may be in those cleaning products, just buy and use them, and help make me rich. ;)

9 hours ago, SpankyMcFarland said:

There are some children who genuinely can’t be vaccinated, e.g. with a history of post-vaccine anaphylaxis, and others who are vulnerable to infection because of immunodeficiency syndromes or during chemotherapy for cancer. If vaccination rates decline, they are at risk. 

...also, every child too young to be vaccinated is at increased risk.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, Shady said:

Are you in that 0.01% by any chance?