LIBERAL MPs Show the true colors of the their Party!

3 hours ago, egghead said:

This is unique to Canada. Do you know that one of the PMO's top civil servant sits at the caucus meeting? As people said, most lefists are ethical challenges.

It will be very interesting at the next election. Will JT approve her nomination?

Considering she is no longer a member of the party and now sits in the backbenches as an independent any thought of her ever being nominated is a no show, no go. 

17 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Thanks....it certainly seems to be the case, with no due process for members of parties, total control by the party leader, and whipped loyalty demands that assure "party discipline" no matter what.   MPs are relegated to being mere sheep.   Obviously Trudeau made the decision that the political hit he and the Liberals will take was worth it.

Considering the toxic environment of the caucus due to the intransigence of the former AG and her obvious and public disapproval of the PM, he had no choice. 

8 minutes ago, mowich said:

Considering she is no longer a member of the party and now sits in the backbenches as an independent any thought of her ever being nominated is a no show, no go. 

Are you sure?

She may sit at the back with her BFF and no liberal MPs will talk to them. However, I believe they both are liberal party members. Also, I am sure JT will nominate them as well  :rolleyes:

Edited by egghead

45 minutes ago, mowich said:

Considering the toxic environment of the caucus due to the intransigence of the former AG and her obvious and public disapproval of the PM, he had no choice. 

That is remarkably similar to the position Trump has taken about his former Attorney General and former FBI head.

I wonder if it comforts Liberals to know that Trump and Trudeau are so similar in demanding loyalty from senior officials without regard to law.

55 minutes ago, egghead said:

Are you sure?

She may sit at the back with her BFF and no liberal MPs will talk to them. However, I believe they both are liberal party members. Also, I am sure JT will nominate them as well  :rolleyes:

"I have just been informed by the Prime Minister of Canada that I am removed from the Liberal caucus and as the confirmed Vancouver Granville candidate for the Liberal Party of Canada in the 2019 federal election."

Jody Wilson-Raybould

19 minutes ago, Argus said:

That is remarkably similar to the position Trump has taken about his former Attorney General and former FBI head.

I wonder if it comforts Liberals to know that Trump and Trudeau are so similar in demanding loyalty from senior officials without regard to law.

Whether it comforts them or not matters not to me, Argus.  This is plain old politics.  You tow the party line and recognize that the PM is your de facto boss and thereby show your loyalty or you are out.  There is not a single political party in Canada that does not recognize and nurture party loyalty.  

44 minutes ago, mowich said:

"I have just been informed by the Prime Minister of Canada that I am removed from the Liberal caucus and as the confirmed Vancouver Granville candidate for the Liberal Party of Canada in the 2019 federal election."

Jody Wilson-Raybould

haha, I have no idea she said that. I just know fake leftist never change :P

1 hour ago, Argus said:

Don't be stupid, do you hear what JT said today? He used "trust" , not loyalty :rolleyes:

42 minutes ago, mowich said:

Whether it comforts them or not matters not to me, Argus.  This is plain old politics.  You tow the party line and recognize that the PM is your de facto boss and thereby show your loyalty or you are out.  There is not a single political party in Canada that does not recognize and nurture party loyalty.  

Ah, but the Liberal Party is different. They told us about that over and over and over again; how they were going to be the open and transparent government which empowered MPs and committees, not like that mean old Harper guy whose PMO staffers controlled everyone.

1 minute ago, egghead said:

Don't be stupid, do you hear what JT said today? He used "trust" , not loyalty :rolleyes:

And when the news originally broke in the Globe and Mail Trudeau called it "Fake news!"

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-by-removing-wilson-raybould-and-philpott-from-caucus-trudeau-has/

13 hours ago, mowich said:

Whether it comforts them or not matters not to me, Argus.  This is plain old politics.  You tow the party line and recognize that the PM is your de facto boss and thereby show your loyalty or you are out. 

I thought it's the constituents that an MP represents - the ones who elected him as an MP?  I thought an MPs loyalty is to his constituents.

There is not a single political party in Canada that does not recognize and nurture party loyalty.  

Could it be because we've never had anyone so principled, that she's willing to put her career on the line?  No one like her,  who truly upholds what she's sworn to do?

....but what happens if your boss wants you to commit something that clashes with your supposedly independent decision as a Justice Minister?

If a Justice Minister can be railroaded by her boss - what happens to our rule of law?

Do we really naively think political interference happens  only with SNC-Lavalin?   We're looking at Canada turning into a banana republic with a sham for a so-called "rule of law."   The Liberal Party is aggressively selling this to make this kind of corrupt climate, only natural.

Edited by betsy

19 hours ago, Argus said:

...and without giving them loyalty in return.

19 hours ago, mowich said:

"toe" the party line. Party loyalty is everything in all politics. Looks at how doggedly Repugnicans support Chump while he systematically deconstructs the Repugnican party. In Canada, the day a newly elected MP/MLA shows up at the liegislature (not a spelling error) he is taken by the ear by the party whip, dragged down to the depths of the building into a dank, odious room kept especially for the purpose and shown "Where The Bear Shat In The Buckwheat". IOW, my party right or wrong.  

1 hour ago, Realitycheck said:

"toe" the party line. Party loyalty is everything in all politics. Looks at how doggedly Repugnicans support Chump while he systematically deconstructs the Repugnican party. In Canada, the day a newly elected MP/MLA shows up at the liegislature (not a spelling error) he is taken by the ear by the party whip, dragged down to the depths of the building into a dank, odious room kept especially for the purpose and shown "Where The Bear Shat In The Buckwheat". IOW, my party right or wrong.  

Well you got the first sentence right.  The rest is of no interest to me being a Canadian. 

7 hours ago, betsy said:

Could it be because we've never had anyone so principled, that she's willing to put her career on the line?  No one like her,  who truly upholds what she's sworn to do?

Principled.  We will see how that statement holds up once the Vice-Admiral Norman affair takes over the headlines, Betsy.  The former AG was involved in that mess too. 

1 minute ago, Realitycheck said:

Then you had better pay attention to the part starting " In Canada..."<_<

"In Canada, the day a newly elected MP/MLA shows up at the liegislature (not a spelling error) he is taken by the ear by the party whip, dragged down to the depths of the building into a dank, odious room kept especially for the purpose and shown "Where The Bear Shat In The Buckwheat". IOW, my party right or wrong. "

I love the dank, odious room part, Reality.  LOL  You so so funny. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mowich said:

"In Canada, the day a newly elected MP/MLA shows up at the liegislature (not a spelling error) he is taken by the ear by the party whip, dragged down to the depths of the building into a dank, odious room kept especially for the purpose and shown "Where The Bear Shat In The Buckwheat". IOW, my party right or wrong. "

I love the dank, odious room part, Reality.  LOL  You so so funny. 

Well, looks aren't everything. ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mowich said:

Principled.  We will see how that statement holds up once the Vice-Admiral Norman affair takes over the headlines, Betsy.  The former AG was involved in that mess too. 

That, too, started with information being leaked to the media.  They both involved major corporations in an alleged corruption (that involved some of the same players - Trudeau, Butts and Weckner).

I don't know how Raybould fits into this - if not for Scott Brison suddenly resigning (who, incidentally is neck-deep involved in the Norman case) -  his resignation being the reason Trudeau cited for having shuffled Cabinet (Raybould).

The Norman case was mentioned by raybould on the recording:

JWR: Well then no one is explaining that to him Michael! We can stand up in the House of Commons on [the case of Vice-Admiral Mark] Norman on — totally appropriately on Norman— on extradition and we can talk about the rule of law, um, the cases aren't dissimilar. The principle or the integrity of how we act and respond to the tools that we have available and what we should and shouldn't do, I'm again, I just, I don't know.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/wilson-raybould-committee-documents-audio-1.5077533

Can you explain how she is involved in that scandal (in the way that you seem to imply)?

Edited by betsy

Btw, why did the Prosecutor disqualified SNC-Lavalin from DPA? 

Because.....SNC-Lavalin is the biggest corruption scandal in Canadian history! 

Canada now dominates World Bank corruption list, thanks to SNC-Lavalin

Out of the more than 250 companies year to date on the World Bank's running list of firms blacklisted from bidding on its global projects under its fraud and corruption policy, 117 are from Canada — with SNC-Lavalin and its affiliates representing 115 of those entries

The long list of debarments mainly stems from just one large Canadian firm, but it still prompted some headlines around the world to point to Canada as being home to the most corrupt companies in the world.

https://business.financialpost.com/executive/canada-now-dominates-world-bank-corruption-list-thanks-to-snc-lavalin

Look at the sh***y true color of the LIBERAL PARTY, under Justin Trudeau!

We just saw Justin threw two principled women under the bus.......for SNC-Lavalin!

CHAMPION OF WOMEN THE MOST CORRUPT!

SNC-LAVALIN: this is the hill that Trudeau chooses to viciously fight for........

........and, is willing to die on.

Edited by betsy

On 4/4/2019 at 1:19 PM, mowich said:

I'm still waiting for you to explain how Raybould was involved in that mess?