LIBERAL MPs Show the true colors of the their Party!

They want Raybould out!

They're all throwing principles and the rule of law out in the dumpster!    You can be sure, they're willing to embrace, even corruption!  Heck, isn't that's what SNC-Lavalin embroiled in?   Charges of corruption?

All these MPs care about is......... what's good for the party!  What's in it for me!

That is soooooo consistent with Trudeau's attitude towards SNC-Lavalin.    I'm the MP for Papineau. We need to win the election!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 2

AGAIN, they are SO ignorant they are playing right into the Conservative's hand.   I THINK (no real measure) the people have finally seen the JWR and Phil are the good guys (OK, gals, but this is a politically correct administration, so I can't be sexist or even gender biased) and the Liberal buffoons are showing their true colours.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Liberal MPs are out in full force, trying to make it so that it's Raybould who's got no principle to stand on (Wayne Easter said that).....for secretly recording that conversation. 

Did Wayne even stop to ponder why Raybould was driven to that extent?

One male MP (can't recall his name) said that, "that's normal conversation between them."  

How conveniently they try to blurry the point:   it's not normal because Raybould was the Justice Minister.   They shouldn't be having that kind of conversation.

"She shouldn't have recorded that. It's an erosion of trust," they say.  Lol.  And, you trust Trudeau? 

Did you see she was right - "the shite will hit the fan"- how she got shuffled out?   Man, you Liberal MPs got such a warped perspective!

You should all lose in the coming election!  I hope Canadians (especially card-carrying Liberals) will uphold what's only right.   Only three women from your party deserve to represent Canadians!

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, scribblet said:

They have both been booted..  he should call an election..  hard to listen to him spout  of, such  a hypocrite

What excuse did they use to kick out Philpot? She resigned from cabinet. What else did she do?

18 minutes ago, Argus said:

What excuse did they use to kick out Philpot? She resigned from cabinet. What else did she do?

They didn't...but only a narcistic psychopath would think he was a victim and not  the two women. 

16 hours ago, scribblet said:

Warren kinsella says.   A senior source is telling me that Lametti has already drafted a directive for a DPA for SNC-Lavalin. That’s not a directive - that’s a suicide note. #LavScam

Quebecois belive not that there's anything wrong with that. It is crystal clear that JT's quebec base is Liberal's the hill to die on :rolleyes:

Edited by egghead

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How can the PM just kick out democratically elected MPs without due process ?

He gets to approve all MP Liberal party nominations for elections ?

Is this unique to Canada ?

WTF ?

You know, that brings to mind Raybould's response in a casual street interview before she was kicked out.  She said,  "I want to know what the rules are for removing an MP out of caucus."  To me, it sounded more like a challenge (for how can she not know about the rules?). 

How can she be removed for just doing her job, as she is required by lawThat's basically what she said more than a couple of times.  She also kept saying she wanted to stay in the Liberal party.  All these statements could be useful in the near future?

I wouldn't be surprised if she challenge her removal in court.  

Could it be she's still getting legal advice from the former Supreme Court judge?   I don't think she'd have stayed in the caucus (despite the nastiness directed at her, and also, with everyone including pundits saying she should leave, or be booted out)... just because.   She must have Plan B.   Or, the scenario is folding out exactly as she directs it.....she's still the one very much in control.   That, the Liberal Party did what she actually wanted them to do - remove her against her will.

Think of it.   If this goes to court......we'll most likely hear from all the actors mentioned in that soap opera. I think there are 11 of them that are named.   They won't just be giving their sides of the story.   There will be cross-examinations.

Lol....could it be all Trudeau had seen so far from Raybould, are simply fireworks......precursors to the shelling and the grenades? :lol:

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

You know, that brings to mind Raybould's response in a casual street interview before she was kicked out.  She said,  "I want to know what the rules are for removing an MP out of caucus."  To me, it sounded more like a challenge (for how can she not know about the rules?). 

How can she be removed for just doing her job, as she is required by lawThat's basically what she said more than a couple of times.  She also kept saying she wanted to stay in the Liberal party.  All these statements could be useful in the near future?

I wouldn't be surprised if she challenge her removal in court.  

JWR and Canadian talking heads have made reference to this being a "Saturday Night Massacre", pointing to what happened with Nixon and his AG staff during the Watergate scandal in October, 1973.    I don't know if JWR has any legal recourse, but what she most certainly doesn't have is backup from her caucus, as they fear for their MP jobs as well should any hint of "disloyalty" and loss of "trust" be seen by Justin Trudeau.   Also interesting that such parallels would be drawn to something that happened almost 50 years ago.

This is just another example of how much unchecked power a Canadian PM wields compared to other world leaders.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

WTF ?

This is unique to Canada. Do you know that one of the PMO's top civil servant sits at the caucus meeting? As people said, most lefists are ethical challenges.

It will be very interesting at the next election. Will JT approve her nomination?

7 hours ago, betsy said:

That is the problem. Her understanding of "her job" is different from JT's idea. 

• Like 1

Obviously she couldn't stay after inappropriately secretly recording her colleagues' phone calls and prodding them to say things that ultimately proved to be a whole lot of nothing. 

If the CPC/Liberal roles in this scandal were switched, the liberals would be all aghast as the conservatives here are, and the conservatives would be spouting how DPAs help protect Canadian jobs and are standard practice in the world and how it just shows how the liberals are anti-business.

In other words, political hacks and shills are annoying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

WTF ?

They were kicked out of caucus.

Each party decides who runs under their banner.

I thought you knew everything about Canada.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, egghead said:

This is unique to Canada. Do you know that one of the PMO's top civil servant sits at the caucus meeting? As people said, most lefists are ethical challenges.

It will be very interesting at the next election. Will JT approve her nomination?

Thanks....it certainly seems to be the case, with no due process for members of parties, total control by the party leader, and whipped loyalty demands that assure "party discipline" no matter what.   MPs are relegated to being mere sheep.   Obviously Trudeau made the decision that the political hit he and the Liberals will take was worth it.

20 hours ago, Argus said:

I believe that had she simply stuck with her comments supporting her buddy, she might have had a chance but going to the media was beyond the pale for the majority of the MPs in caucus.  Too bad, of the two I had much more respect and admiration for Jane Philpot. 

13 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

WTF ?

Uh............because - for now, he is the PM and can as he wishes with any member of the caucus and the party.  The PM has sole discretion over who sits in caucus.

4 hours ago, scribblet said:

The PMO does have too much power, doubt anyone will change it though. 

Interestingly,  Trudeau told Raybould she was booted out before the actual vote, so he did do it himself.   

That surprised me, scribblet as I thought for sure he would weasel his way out of it by leaving it up to the caucus who were most adamantly ready to boot her out ASAP.