Time to take on far-right terrorists

How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property—either as a child, a wife, or a concubine—must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

---Sir Winston Churchill  KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, RA

38 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

He's doing a fine job showing Islam to be the vile bed of religious racism that it is.

His words appear to be rather derogatory towards white people who belong to another identifiable group of people in Canada. That is supposed to be seen and deemed as being or promoting hatred and racism towards another group of people at least to me anyway according to the Human Rights Commission. Just saying. 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

His words appear to be rather derogatory towards white people who belong to another identifiable group of people in Canada. That is supposed to be seen and deemed as being or promoting hatred and racism towards another group of people at least to me anyway according to the Human Rights Commission. Just saying. 

Even old white men can join the death cult of Islam. It's a religion.  However, Islam and its naive supporters in the West like to pretend it is a skin colour/race so that any criticism can be called racism. It has worked, for the most part...as most people are afraid to be critical of this religion that hates and enslaves. Despite the obvious palpable evil surrounding the whole thing....best be quiet...eh?

18 hours ago, Donnie said:

Answer my question please.   Dont change the subject. Dont make false arguments and strawmen.

Please answer my question.

Sidebar: Please provide quotes of me opposing those things please.  Otherwise admit here that I never said those slanderous things.  

Thank you.

I answered your question:

The Laws in Islamic Nations makes it a capital crime to put Homosexuals to death. [sic] This is a law of Islamic nations.  Since you support the practice of Islam within the law.  You support this law?

That is not the law in Canada.

6 minutes ago, jacee said:

I answered your question:

The Laws in Islamic Nations makes it a capital crime to put Homosexuals to death. [sic] This is a law of Islamic nations.  Since you support the practice of Islam within the law.  You support this law?

That is not the law in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_for_homosexuality

3 hours ago, Argus said:

That's funny. It cracks me up that the extreme left, who have vehemently supported womens' rights, same sex rights, and all rights completely abandon that support when it comes to Islam.

Chrystia Freeland did huffs and puffs about Saudi Arabia women's rights, but, now, she is a neutered chi; may be someone in PMO paid her a visit :lol:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, egghead said:

Chrystia Freeland did huffs and puffs about Saudi Arabia women's rights, but, now, she is a neutered chi; may be someone in PMO paid her a visit :lol:

You can bet on it. She can go back to poking the Russians. That's PC...

South Park: Whining PC Babies...

61207202?size=1024x576

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Argus said:

I'm saying a lot of people are wary, suspicious, and distrustful of the rising number of foreigners coming into Canada to settle here.

That's always been the case. People get over it, life goes on, the children get along, grow up into virtually indistinguishable second generation Canadians. 

But what you actually said was:

The degree to which the newcomers are different from us in the way they talk, act, look, behave and worship plays a huge part in the rising anger and resentment. 

Can you clarify what you mean by that, and how that possibly affects people's daily lives to any significant extent?

Do you think that politicians inciting fear and hatred against Muslim immigrants for political gain and votes plays a role?

On 3/16/2019 at 11:47 AM, Zeitgeist said:

not all faiths are of equal value from a morality standpoint.  It’s why whenever we try to pretend that our political and cultural traditions are completely separate from beliefs and that all faiths/philosophies/traditions are of equal value, we soon realize that in actual fact some are more in line with liberal democratic values than others, for example, in terms of the treatment of women or tolerance towards different faiths or lifestyles.

HA! I could remember not too long ago I said the exact same thing and got called out for being Islamophobic by other members here. Like there are real and legitimate concern with Islam as it currently stands. Especially the fundamental 6th century interpretation as well as the lack of secularism to be compatible in a liberal democracy. How are we to acknowledge these serious criticism of Islam without being called a racist by the social justice snowflakes?

5 hours ago, egghead said:

I blame this on the leftists. Do we hear "communist-ophobic" before? 

P.S.I am not islamophobic

No one is Islamophobic for pointing out what they do not like in the Islamic religion. That is not the issue. The only issue is if anyone of any group is unfairly characterized as having the same identical stupid or terrorist or negative thoughts simply because they are in the same group. My issue is not people pointing out what they find problematic with a religion's ideology, but I will challenge them if it is said in a way that suggests all people who follow that religion think the same way.

I get many people arguing mainstream Islamic ideology as practiced is still quite problematic for them and clashes with democratic values, it most certainly does. I share those criticisms. I just argue until doomsday to myself as well as everyone else we all have to stop assuming everyone thinks the same way about their or anyone else's religion. I have to argue that because where I sit, there is zero difference between a Taxme and a Saudi, zero. I also believe Argus or Dog are not stereotyping every Muslim but it could be taken that way and fuel extremists to justify their saying everyone hates Muslims.

Extremists want us to talk in extreme or over-generalized terms to justify their doing the same and then arguing, you do it, so can I.

Look at how this discussion comes about in an attempt to label all supposed "right wingers" no differently than people try label all "Muslims" when someone who is Muslim engages in terror.

Bottom line is a jack ass is a jack ass. Call him or her what you want they are a jack ass and I can't stand them all for the same reasons their need to be violent and their belief they can be violent because they feel superior to others.

Far as I am concerned we'z all just primates barely out of the trees wackin each other over the head with rocks and chattering away like baboons fighting over baboonettes to mate with.

Its all bullshit. Right wingers are as varied in beliefs as left wingers as are Mulsims as are Jews as are Christians as are people with male or female genitilia. Their aint nothin fluid about that.

1 minute ago, Rue said:

No one is Islamophobic for pointing out what they do not like in the Islamic religion. That is not the issue. The only issue is if anyone of any group is unfairly characterized as having the same identical stupid or terrorist or negative thoughts simply because they are in the same group. My issue is not people pointing out what they find problematic with a religion's ideology, but I will challenge them if it is said in a way that suggests all people who follow that religion think the same way.

Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi.

9 minutes ago, jacee said:

Do you think that politicians inciting fear and hatred against Muslim immigrants for political gain and votes plays a role?

No not in Canada. I do think Trudeau however exploited a hate crime against  Muslims for political pandering purposes absolutely no different then he exploited Syrian refugees for photos when they came to Canada or after a fire, and I believe he exploits ethnics and panders to them constantly to try get a vote. I find his tears phony, his entire attack patronizing and phony and say unequivocally he is a bigot of the worst kind for doing that.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rue said:

No not in Canada. I do think Trudeau however exploited a hate crime against  Muslims for political pandering purposes absolutely no different then he exploited Syrian refugees for photos when they came to Canada or after a fire, and I believe he exploits ethnics and panders to them constantly to try get a vote. I find his tears phony, his entire attack patronizing and phony and say unequivocally he is a bigot of the worst kind for doing that.

Worse...he exploited FAKE hate crimes against Muslims to pander to their collective group.

5 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Worse...he exploited FAKE hate crimes against Muslims to pander to their collective group.

I liked Trudeau’s oratory in the House following the NZ attacks because he said that taking a political stance against extremism matters.  Was it said partly to make him look good?  Sure probably, but it’s important to call out hate. 

Just now, DogOnPorch said:

Oskar Schindler was a good Nazi.

What he did to save Jews was righteous. The part of him that agreed with the Nazis would have been of course problematic.

Are you  trying to argue humans are not both evil and good? If you are it would be very stupid.

With the exception of sociopaths including Hitler and Stalin you will find all humans have equal propensity to be  negative or positive and each one of us must struggle to decide which one we will be at any given time.

I think we are equal parts evil and good and where one begins and the other ends is absurd. It doesn't matter-they both exist and clash and this is the pith and substance of all energy let alone life-the struggle of the extremes clashing and a constant need to harmonize the two.

It basic physics.

Even sociopaths unintentionally can do good. I have sat in a room with a man who molested many children. In that sense he was evil personified. That same man gave lots of money to charities. The latter action enabled him access to children but also assisted those in need. His actions may not have been intended for good and may have been evil in motive but they did some good. 

I have been at a place in my life where I could easily kill humans I felt zero emotion for because of what they did. I thank God I had the sense to know to pull back. How about you?

Trust me that place of nothingness, is a dead calm-things are crystal clear and there is no colour, just intense black and white with no sound, smell, feeling-just a slight twitch of the finger on a trigger would do it. No sweat, no heavy breathing, no rise in pulse. You don't want to be there.

Its why I have deference to soldiers who never went there. They may suffer ptsd but they did not go there. Their guilt and regret means they still are alive and are not in hell.

Hell is not a fire, its absolutely nothing. Its an absolute point of pointlessness.

Its where extremists want to push you along with them but neither of you really knows it or would want to go there if you have any sense of sanity.

You asked. I answered.

Body parts on a street make you think about such things. Satan is nothing more than a personification of a human with no limits or sense of anything but him/herself.

If you can't feel the sanctity of life in each person, and get to the point you can just shoot them with no feeling, that is the Satan inside you. We all have one. Don't kid yourself.

I walk in a Mosque no different than a synagogue, church, temple, shrine, cemetery, death site, etc., with deference. I make no apology for that. I make no apology for feeling sanctity in people and their places no matter how evil they themselves may be. Sometimes its hard, sometimes its not but I will be damned if a Satanist lowers me to their standard. 

Don't become what you hate in others. We all get tricked into going that route because of anger and other negative emotions.

Don't ask me too. I won't. I can clean up body parts without puking, but I won't go there. Its too easy to blow things up the challenge is not allowing feelings when you put the things in bags.

That is why I respect vultures.

6 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I liked Trudeau’s oratory in the House following the NZ attacks because he said that taking a political stance against extremism matters.  Was it said partly to make him look good?  Sure probably, but it’s important to call out hate. 

Right...like he'll EVER call out Islam.

Just now, Rue said:

What he did to save Jews was righteous. The part of him that agreed with the Nazis would have been of course problematic.

Are you  trying to argue humans are not both evil and good? If you are it would be very stupid.

We bombed Germany to DUST. Nazism had to go...despite good Nazis.

1 hour ago, jacee said:

That's always been the case. People get over it, life goes on, the children get along, grow up into virtually indistinguishable second generation Canadians. 

You can't compare today with yesterday. Prior to the 1970s we only allowed in (for the most part) European immigrants. The only major difference was language. So of course their kids grew up to be indistinguishable. Plus, of course, once they were here they were immersed in our language and culture and values.

Not so with today's immigrants. Toronto and Vancouver are already more than 50% immigrant. And those immigrants are in 24/7 communication with their homelands and families there through telephone, internet, texts, emails, video, and all the news, movies and other media their homelands offer. Air travel is cheap, too, allowing for frequent visits home.

And today's immigrants are primarily from cultures vastly more different from ours than previous generations were, and their values are often backed up by religions which are vastly different from ours as well. According to polls young Canadian born Muslims are MORE, not less religious than their parents, and identify as Muslims first, not Canadians.

1 hour ago, jacee said:

But what you actually said was:

The degree to which the newcomers are different from us in the way they talk, act, look, behave and worship plays a huge part in the rising anger and resentment. 

Can you clarify what you mean by that, and how that possibly affects people's daily lives to any significant extent?

I would think that would be obvious. The more different someone looks, behaves and acts, the more obviously they click as 'foreign' in people's minds.
 An Italian doesn't strike anyone as anything until he opens his mouth. A Sikh or Muslim wearing robes or hijabs are instantly noticeable as 'foreign'

1 hour ago, jacee said:

There are no such politicians in this country.

It's difficult taking most of you seriously with your sweeping "Islam is this", "Muslims are that" statements. It makes absolutely no sense to say 1 billion+ people are the same, because they share the same religion. This is the biggest fallacy in your arguments against Islam/Muslims.

Edited by marcus

28 minutes ago, marcus said:

It's difficult taking most of you seriously with your sweeping "Islam is this", "Muslims are that" statements. It makes absolutely no sense to put 1 billion+ people as being the same, because they share the same religion. This is the biggest fallacy in your arguments against Islam/Muslims.

Never heard that one before, very original commentary.

You watch CNN or CBC?

9 hours ago, egghead said:

I blame this on the leftists. Do we hear "communist-ophobic" before? 

You certainly see that phobia everywhere and its been deeply ingrained for decades.  If you badger them long enough Islamophobes will finally admit that yes, the West has made a few mistakes in the ME region but it was our fear of communism that forced us to act in ways that violate our most revered principles as they pertain to freedom, liberty and democracy.

Maybe if our leaders were as honest and explained this to Muslim people they'd understand.  What do you think?

Of course you blame the left - they're responsible for everything that's wrong, always have been. Probably always will.

Edited by eyeball