Apollo 11 (3 quick lines)

August1991

On 3/24/2019 at 4:08 AM, DogOnPorch said:

The first real Moon Shot...

Not sexy enough for a movie, I guess...

It's sexy enough for a movie....

There are some conspiracists who believe the Moon landing was fake. If I was an American I would wish that Apollo Program was a just a Hollywood project which used CGI to create splendid visual effect to fool its audience since it would save a lot of money.

Just imagine, if you were an American and President Trump popped up on TV screen announcing "I have just borrowed $700000 billion from foreign countries to send a couple of American talking monkeys to Mars" , how would you feel? Happy or sad?

There was a film King Kong in which a crazy film maker captured a monster for shooting a film to please his audience. In reality, JFK was the crazy film maker and Apollo Program was his monster, though it wasn't the only one.

There will be many old faces showing up on big screen in 2019. Top Gun 2, new Midway....now there is Apollo 11....it's kinda like a dying ww2 veteran taking out all his old medals to bring them to his coffin....:(:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, xul said:

...There was a film King Kong in which a crazy film maker captured a monster for shooting a film to please his audience. In reality, JFK was the crazy film maker and Apollo Program was his monster, though it wasn't the only one.

That's not why the Apollo "film" was made....JFK was just continuing an escalating Cold War that needed a cover story for many manned and unmanned intelligence gathering platforms and missions.   This continues today, regardless of who is president.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's not why the Apollo "film" was made....JFK was just continuing an escalating Cold War that needed a cover story for many manned and unmanned intelligence gathering platforms and missions.   This continues today, regardless of who is president.

He escalated the Cold War to a new level.....

Eisenhower tried to limit the extent of the Cold War to a manageable level. It was JFK who turned it off the course just for the TV effect which would benefit his election campaign. 

Edited by xul

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's what he was elected to do....and the U.S./West won the Cold War.    Apollo 11 is a metaphor for the victory that would come decades later.

In this video, the oaf whom Hitler played thought he had won the ww2.

Did he win? At the end of the war, he lost what British fought for from the beginning....Poland, Eastern Europe, Canada:P, the Empire.....

7 minutes ago, xul said:

Did he win? At the end of the war, he lost what British fought for from the beginning....Poland, Eastern Europe, Canada:P, the Empire.....

Yes...he did.   Britain survived while Germany was partitioned and occupied (as was Japan), and the UK was also a victorious partner in the Cold War victory.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

That's what he was elected to do....and the U.S./West won the Cold War.    Apollo 11 is a metaphor for the victory that would come decades later.

Hitler was elected to do what his voters meant him to do

And there are Dr. Goebbels comment:

We didn't force German people. They gave us the mandate. And now their little throats are being cut.....

18 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Yes...he did.   Britain survived while Germany was partitioned and occupied (as was Japan), and the UK was also a victorious partner in the Cold War victory.

Yes, if he was American President he had done a great job.....:lol::P

Edited by xul

5 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Soviets still lost the Cold War....Sputnik, but no Apollo 11.

The N1 flew apart with each launch...spectacularly. Darn those un-baffled fuel tanks and their resonance frequencies.

n1_1m1_on_pad_nov_1967.jpg

Edited by DogOnPorch

20 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

The N1 flew apart with each launch...spectacularly. Darn those un-baffled fuel tanks and their resonance frequencies.

n1_1m1_on_pad_nov_1967.jpg

This is why Soviet lost the Cold War.

The Soviet leadership hesitated at beginning. They knew Soviet economy couldn't afford such luxury TV show. But at end, when they saw Apollo Program was on the way, the idea of face keeping dominated their minds. So they greenlighted N1 project without sufficient funds which forced Korolev taking very risky approach. Finally, Soviet lost both face and money on N1 project.

It kinda like Hitler in Stalingrad. He wanted Caucasus without enough German troops. So he borrowed some from Romania and Italy instead. Finally he lost both his troops and Caucasus.:P

3 hours ago, xul said:

The Soviet leadership hesitated at beginning. They knew Soviet economy couldn't afford such luxury TV show. But at end, when they saw Apollo Program was on the way, the idea of face keeping dominated their minds. So they greenlighted N1 project without sufficient funds which forced Korolev taking very risky approach. Finally, Soviet lost both face and money on N1 project.

It kinda like Hitler in Stalingrad. He wanted Caucasus without enough German troops. So he borrowed some from Romania and Italy instead. Finally he lost both his troops and Caucasus.:P

It was apparently being unable to build baffled cylindrical LOX tanks that brought down each N1. Pogo resonance waves inside the spherical tanks from all those engines just shook them apart. Nor did the Soviets have the capability to pass fuel and oxidizer lines through these spherical tanks...running them along the outside (under the bulges)...thus the weird cone shape of the rocket.

Edited by DogOnPorch

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2019 at 6:16 AM, xul said:

"This is why Soviet lost the Cold War."

.... "It kinda like Hitler in Stalingrad."

=====

xul,

Before, I simply disagreed with posters like you.

Now, posters like you terrify me. The Internet gives you a platform to claim such nonsense.

=

From now on, xul, I will report your posts unless they have correct English grammar. (I check, re-read my own posts before posting. Please do the same for yours.)

Edited by August1991

On 5/13/2019 at 4:23 AM, August1991 said:

"This is why Soviet lost the Cold War."

.... "It kinda like Hitler in Stalingrad."

=====

xul,

Before, I simply disagreed with posters like you.

Now, posters like you terrify me. The Internet gives you a platform to claim such nonsense.

=

From now on, xul, I will report your posts unless they have correct English grammar. (I check, re-read my own posts before posting. Please do the same for yours.)

So who do you think you are? Some would-be internet French grammar teacher?:P

As for grammar, there is a huge difference between the meanings of the sentences below:

1) Hitler disagrees a post of xul and will report it to Gestapo because  the post has a parody video in which Hitler plays Churchill.

2) Hitler disagrees posters like Rue because they are Jewish.

The sentence 2 means Hitler will disagree anything Rue posted because of his identity, even if what he says in the post is obviously correct or true. For example:

(In 1939)

xul: Who is the Fuhrer of Germany?

Rue: Hitler is.

Hitler: Disagree! I'm not Fuhrer.

Goring: Finally, it's my turn. Arrest him!

So Hitler was arrested in 1939 and ww2 wouldn't happen....LOL, even Hitler was unlikely that silly.:lol:

On 4/9/2019 at 9:31 AM, DogOnPorch said:

It was apparently being unable to build baffled cylindrical LOX tanks that brought down each N1. Pogo resonance waves inside the spherical tanks from all those engines just shook them apart. Nor did the Soviets have the capability to pass fuel and oxidizer lines through these spherical tanks...running them along the outside (under the bulges)...thus the weird cone shape of the rocket.

See the pattern of the engines of the first stage of N1.  I think the purpose of the outside fuel/oxidizer lines was just for distributing fuel/oxidizer evenly to each engine. Because if Russian put the lines inside tank, only one line, either fuel or oxidizer, could positioned at the center of the rings. And since it had 30 engines, if another line wasn't at the center of the 2 rings, it would be very difficult to distribute fuel/oxidizer to each engine evenly, so they resolved the problem by placing the 2nd line outside,  I guess.

1*BDtFvZrXl2lv7Q9SMv_0aw.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 5:30 PM, SpankyMcFarland said:

I’m just bowled away by the bravery and sangfroid of the Apollo mission astronauts and I’m sure that applies to anyone else who has been up there too. 

Thank you for not making a topic about Apollo 11 about Trump or Nazis or "Down with America", etc, like one of the above posters has.

Apparently, astronauts have walked on the moon for a total of only eighty hours. We’ve a long way to go to make this routine. 

If the Eagle had failed to take off from the moon, a speech had been written ‘for the widows’. 

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2019/07/17/if-apollo-11-failed-heres-the-speech-nixon-would-have-read/#.XTh4WcrRef0

Edited by SpankyMcFarland

• 4 weeks later...