Foie gras ban gets vivid hearing

mirror

Dear Shakeyhands

Famed Chicago chef Charlie Trotter has already stopped serving foie gras. According to Bauston, more than 100 other Illinois restaurants have signed similar pledges.

Why if it were exaggerated would people like the chef above stop serving the product? And it was a vet who described the process, not someone without credentials.

The following comment is telling:

"I'm sorry I had breakfast after listening to you," said Ald. Shirley Coleman (16th).

Cheers

Well, this article clearly refutes Subway's assertion that French and Chicken just go together. Clearly, the French hate chickens.

One question that remains unanswered is why anybody would want to eat something called "fat liver" in any event.

-k

Well, this article clearly refutes Subway's assertion that French and Chicken just go together. Clearly, the French hate chickens.

One question that remains unanswered is why anybody would want to eat something called "fat liver" in any event.

-k

Oh Kimmy... it is tasty, melts on your tongue....

-k

Oh Kimmy... it is tasty, melts on your tongue....

keep away from me, chicken-hater.

-k

Dear Canuck E Stan,

I hate to appear addle-pated, or lily-livered, but I do support the move to amend the 'animal rights bill' that is presently on the books. Mind you, I do so for the kinship I feel towards dogs (and cats) more than 'food animals'. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go feed some milk to the veal I am raising in my laundry hamper.

Dear Canuck E Stan,

I hate to appear addle-pated, or lily-livered, but I do support the move to amend the 'animal rights bill' that is presently on the books. Mind you, I do so for the kinship I feel towards dogs (and cats) more than 'food animals'. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go feed some milk to the veal I am raising in my laundry hamper.

Funny!

Raising animals to feed humans is one thing. But if we cannot do it humanly we need to stop doing it. There is no need for us to torture other living things just because we have some kind of a food fetish. It's not like we have to have foie gras to keep ourselves healthy.

QUIT TRYING TO TELL OTHER PEOPLE HOW TO LIVE THEIR LIVES.

Is that so bloody difficult to understand?

No, when it come to torturing some poor defensive animal I draw the line. There is no need for us to act in this way and we don't need foie dras to survive. Human beings can do better than this I'm sure. We're not living in caves any more or haven't you noticed?

Btw, please stop shouting!

Christ, you're impossible.