Prime Minister Wilson-Raybould

Prime Minister Wilson-Raybould?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wondered if that is her end game.   They wouldn't let her speak at all today if they thought she would bring the gov't down, she's  Liberal still so isn't likely to want to destroy the party,  but if she can do enough damage to Trudeau that he has to resign, IMO she would be a shoo in for leader.

She can't talk about why she resigned ,that is the big question. And the libs will not let her talk till QP is over,so trudeau can run. He won't be back in the house till middle of march.If she comes out saying nothing happened her reputation will be destroyed. PM ,I don't think so. Supreme court judge.....

Should that ever happen we might as well just hand over control of the country to the native activists.  Now wouldn't that be a fine thing considering that they can't even run their own reserves competently.  Wilson-Raybould may very well be in this for herself as most politicians are but that in no way makes her good PM material.  We've already seen what electing a drama teacher to the position has done to our country thus giving an activist native control would be the complete and total ruin of our country.

JWR is still a liberal, the former Att Gen only cares about reinforcing her image, she will not bring down her party.  none liberals should not think she is helping them.  

The liberals have manipulated and manoeuvred to get Trudeau off the hook, he won't be there and they will be gone for 2 weeks 

Edited by scribblet

39 minutes ago, scribblet said:

JWR is still a liberal, the former Att Gen only cares about reinforcing her image, she will not bring down her party.  none liberals should not think she is helping them.  

The liberals have manipulated and manoeuvred to get Trudeau off the hook, he won't be there and they will be gone for 2 weeks 

It would be helpful if you took the time to phrase things so that English readers can understand them. "none liberals should not think she is helping them?"

7 hours ago, scribblet said:

I wondered if that is her end game.   They wouldn't let her speak at all today if they thought she would bring the gov't down, she's  Liberal still so isn't likely to want to destroy the party,  but if she can do enough damage to Trudeau that he has to resign, IMO she would be a shoo in for leader.

She won't rat out shithead. If she was facing prison time she would though

29 minutes ago, Hates politicians said:

She won't rat out shithead. If she was facing prison time she would though

Wrong. She ratted him out big time. She ratted out the PMO, the clerk of the Privy Council.  Finally we know the truth behind all the PMs lies and subterfuge.

Edited by mowich
edit post
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PIK said:

She can't talk about why she resigned ,that is the big question. And the libs will not let her talk till QP is over,so trudeau can run. He won't be back in the house till middle of march.If she comes out saying nothing happened her reputation will be destroyed. PM ,I don't think so. Supreme court judge.....

Ah but she did - in her FB post after her removal from the AG post and again in the committee meeting today.

• Like 1

JWR has shown zero loyalty to her party or the PMO.  She is playing the letter of the law game.  It was incredible to watch her spin her narrative of political interference in a legal matter into a "speaking truth to power" Indigenous rights play.  Yet she undermined a new framework for Indigenous rights that would have been a massive improvement on the Indian Act.  Whatever anyone may argue about whether or how much the PMO crossed the line, to me the biggest mistake Trudeau made was bringing someone into Cabinet who is there for her own ambition and agenda.  JWR is very good at using the cover of legal process to justify herself.  Trudeau may be undone by all of this, but JWR is not acting in the interests of either her party or Canada.  I don't know how she could stay within the Liberal party at this point unless she plans to lead an internal coup.  If she crosses the floor to the Conservatives, Scheer would be a fool to give her a portfolio critic position out of government or a Cabinet position if the Conservatives form government.  She has succeeded in demonstrating the supremacy of the AG in legal matters, but she has also shown that taking down the leader of her own party to assert her independence is more important than considering legal options that could protect thousands of jobs yet still penalize a company for wrongdoing.  I still don't see how any of her testimony justifies not accepting a DPA as a legal option.  What is her reason for not doing so?  The whole focus of her testimony is about her relationships with colleagues, appropriate or otherwise.  What about the workers?  Run Trudeau, JWR, the lot of them out of town for all I care.

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

So what are her political motives,  given her testimony why is she still in the caucus  she must have an end game..   we really need to hear from Trudeau but he and his motorcade have left the building.

Edited by scribblet

16 minutes ago, scribblet said:

So what are her political motives,  given her testimony why is she still in the caucus  she must have an end game..   we really need to hear from Trudeau but he and his motorcade have left the building.

It was fascinating to hear her response when asked a very general question, “What do you think of DPAs?”  She evaded the question, claiming she couldn’t answer because of open court cases.  She evinced her ideology.  She doesn’t like them.  This is where we have to come to terms that every utterance, under the cover of justice or some other abstract ideal, is political.  Wilson-Raybould plays the same game as her rival Trudeau, pretending to be beyond reproach.  Her biases were easy to read.  We’re not blind to the political manoeuvring. 

Edited by Zeitgeist
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

It was fascinating to hear her response when asked a very general question, “What do you think of DPAs?”  She evaded the question, claiming she couldn’t answer because of open court cases.  She evinced her ideology.  She doesn’t like them. 

DPAs are not the main issue here, just in case that isn't very clear.

You can race ahead to the "best interest" decision to grant SNC-Lavalin a DPA to protect access to contracts and jobs, but that is not the political problem here.

21 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

DPAs are not the main issue here, just in case that isn't very clear.

You can race ahead to the "best interest" decision to grant SNC-Lavalin a DPA to protect access to contracts and jobs, but that is not the political problem here.

I disagree. If the only route to implementing a DPA is through the AG and she doesn’t like them, no DPA for you.  It’s a political decision at the mercy of the Justice Minister who is ideologically opposed.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I disagree. If the only route to implementing a DPA is through the AG and she doesn’t like them, no DPA for you.  It’s a political decision at the mercy of the Justice Minister who is ideologically opposed.

Team Trudeau and the Liberals may disagree with your assessment as the heat is turned up on the sin of trying to influence the legal process itself, regardless of any consideration for the future of SNC-Lavalin and jobs.

That is what's burning here....not whether or not a DPA is granted.

This is a classic Liberal Party scandal.

Well... wow. That was a hell of a lot more blunt than I had expected. I'm not sure how this woman thinks she still has a place in the Liberal party after that.

So it looks like the PM, the clerk of the privy council, and Trudeau's principal advisors, Butts and Telford, all basically told her they don't give a damn what the law says, and that she had better exempt their friends at SNC Lavalin or else. When she wouldn't, she was booted, and a reliable Quebecer was put in as Justice minister.

This looks very much like obstructing justice, and possibly breach of trust. I expect an RCMP investigation now, of the PM and his assistants and the Privy Council. I expect, at a bare minimum, Telford and Werneck to resign. I'm also quite interested in where she said she'd be able to say more about this but she wasn't allowed to speak about the aftermath, when she went to Veteran's Affairs.

And did anyone notice where Butts assured her they would line up media op-eds to support her decision to not go ahead with prosecution? Love to know just which editors and columnists were on call to do that. Presumably the entire staff at the Toronto Star, of course, but where else?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Argus said:

And did anyone notice where Butts assured her they would line up media op-eds to support her decision to not go ahead with prosecution? Love to know just which editors and columnists were on call to do that. Presumably the entire staff at the Toronto Star, of course, but where else?

That was Telford, I think a lot of people want to know that..  Trudeau is supposed to speak later, I doubt he will resign, will he sign Raybould s nomination papers for the next election, if not where will she go...  the N DP

4 hours ago, scribblet said:

She did, will he resign, should he...  

After listening to his remarks in Montreal today, it appears that he is in for the short run - up to the election.  JWR's future however is definitely in peril if what the PM stated today. 

"I completely disagree with the former attorney general’s version of events,” he said, adding he had not ruled out whether she will remain a Liberal MP or be allowed to run for the party in the fall election.

“I haven’t listened to all her testimony and I won’t decide before I do.”

At the end of the day, if a chief cabinet minister doesn’t support the PM’s and the majority caucus opinion about such matters, said minister doesn’t belong in Cabinet.  The political pressure might have been inappropriate, but Wilson-Raybould herself said no laws were broken.  Welcome to politics.  If you can’t take the heat get out of the kitchen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scribblet said:

Well they didn't go far considering he was in Montreal when he made his remarks about JWR's testimony.  The only thing missing were the buses.