Who has more control of our thinking; God or Satan?

French Patriot

22 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

I AM Glad your seeing religion for what it is....IRRELEVANT. Along with harbourer of pedophiles  and the book of delusion, error, fallacy, falsehood, falsity, hallucination, illusion, misbelief, misconception,myth, old wivesʼ tail

Religion is dying and cant happen fast enough...adieu religion

I have just put a little something together that I have yet to proof or post for a new O.P. on the timely topic of pedophilia.

Your comment on the subject prompted me to ask you to prevue and revue it, should you be inclined to do so for me.

I sometimes go too far and lose the message I wish to convey.

In case you wish to ---------

My neighbor’s boy was raped by a pedophile priest. Who cares?

What kind of shameless fathers is Catholicism and society creating?

Collectively, we men do not care that the Catholic Church flaunts the laws against pedophilia. This indicates that men in particular and women in general do not care that their children are being raped. This is obvious thanks to our lack of action.

The Catholic Church, one of our main guides to social etiquette and criminal law, does not seem to care that it is breaking the law, while our law enforcers ignores the flagrant pedophile protection produced by the Church. The Church is saying, do as I say, not as I do. I think that to be immoral. Do you?

Part of the taxes all of us pay goes to helping the Catholic Church pay for the pedophile protection racket that the Catholic Church is flagrantly not ashamed of using. As a taxpayer, I begin to feel the shame of colluding with the Church and their rapes by contributing, albeit inadvertently and indirectly, for the protection of pedophiles and rapists.

I hope you are as well.

I know that we as a people have a hard time dealing with sins of bed and bottle. I think we have collectively crossed the moral line into immoral ethics and law in dealing with the rapists within the Church.

Will fathers ever stop subsidizing pedophile priests and their protectors, or will we continue to not really care about the buggering and rape of our children?

The Vicar of Christ is a criminal. Christ is spinning in his grave. The band plays on and we fathers are the instruments. Can we not change our tune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMJgZ4s2E3w

I know that fathers today are screwed up and we are doing the same to our next generation. We have to live with that as there is no political will to address the sins of bed and bottle. The older generations should know better. Can we reverse our attitudes and start caring about our children again?

Women are too soft hearted to remedy these problems. It is up to men, if there are enough of us real men left that must step up and stop stepping back.

Regards

DL

38 minutes ago, betsy said:

But I do wonder about the passion!  Why so much passion about Him is coming from you - and a lot of anti-Christian? 

My passion stems from recognizing that the homophobic and misogynous teachings from religions do a lot of damage to many in society. 

But mostly, I am incensed by the fact that so many good people can be talked into believing that a genocidal son murdering prick of a God can somehow be good.

You said that I am not fit to judge your God as evil because I do not know the bible well enough. I know it enough to know that a God who kills when he can just as easily cure is not a worthy God.

I learned that from your bible that has Jesus saying he came to cure the ill and not care for the well. Here you are praising Yahweh/Jesus for killing the ill instead of curing them, which is the opposite of what Jesus taught was the right thing to do.

You disrespect Jesus by doing so, Christian.

If you cannot see that then shame on you.

Regards

DL

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

Religion has NO hard evidence to back up their lies.....

Religions are not created for Gods. They are created to appease our tribal natures and need for fellowship. Religions were good things that  have become evil thanks primarily to the literal reading of myths.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards

DL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, betsy said:

To not make any sense.....to have a meltdown......I tell you, that's  common  among  anti-Christians in forums.  I'm already engaged in that other forum on pretty much the same thing, so there's no  appetite for me to go on this thread.   

I understand the position your in, it must be frustrating to argue on the side of religion when your unarmed....all you have is words ....no evidence  

Religion is dying....its evil ways are catching up to it....your priests and bishops are going to prison

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!

Edited by Kerfuffle
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

If not metaphorically put, the question doesn't make sens: God and Satan are two "beings" in the same category as Santa Claus or Tooth Fairy. You can postulate a being to explain a phenomenon, but ideally do that AFTER the exclusion of any other possible causes and best AFTER already having proved the existence of that being. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 3:35 AM, French Patriot said:

My passion stems from recognizing that the homophobic and misogynous teachings from religions do a lot of damage to many in society. 

But mostly, I am incensed by the fact that so many good people can be talked into believing that a genocidal son murdering prick of a God can somehow be good.

You said that I am not fit to judge your God as evil because I do not know the bible well enough. I know it enough to know that a God who kills when he can just as easily cure is not a worthy God.

I learned that from your bible that has Jesus saying he came to cure the ill and not care for the well. Here you are praising Yahweh/Jesus for killing the ill instead of curing them, which is the opposite of what Jesus taught was the right thing to do.

You disrespect Jesus by doing so, Christian.

If you cannot see that then shame on you.

Regards

DL

Few of the religious know their bible. I have had some deny these biblical quotes: https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights All of which prove their biblical god is very much in favour of killing babies as well as anyone else who disagrees with him. Fortunately, it is all mythical, but millions have died because of this Book Of Lies.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John Otis said:

Satan because often times, people are quick to resort to evil.

We do for sure but most, if stats are correct, think good more often than evil.

If the opposite were true and we did more evil than good, we would not be as successful at life as we are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLulcfyqrc0

Regards

DL

1 hour ago, Realitycheck said:

Few of the religious know their bible. I have had some deny these biblical quotes: https://ffrf.org/component/k2/item/25602-abortion-rights All of which prove their biblical god is very much in favour of killing babies as well as anyone else who disagrees with him. Fortunately, it is all mythical, but millions have died because of this Book Of Lies.  

That is why, even as a Gnostic Christian, I am more anti-theist than anything else at present.

Regards

DL

• Like 1