This web site is in the fucking toilet

Argus

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Not really, none of three major parties was going to deliver on what I wanted anyway, aside from the Liberals legalizing marijuana, but I was too skeptical of that they wouldn't follow through to vote that way.

Well none of them deliver on what I want either. But at least the Tories are less fucked up than the Liberals and don't actively oppose what I want.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

Yeah, well that's a load of crap. If you're a Libertarian then you're against the government seizing people's private property. Period.

We're not ideologically pure libertarians, and never claimed to be, just said that we both have a libertarian streak, but are still Tories. Like Dougie says, a Red Tory yes, but a Tory nonetheless.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Argus said:

Yeah, well that's a load of crap. If you're a Libertarian then you're against the government seizing people's private property. Period.

I'm not a libertarian.  I am merely a libertarian sympathizer, as a Tory, I would only roll with my C8 as a libertarian, if/when the British Crown in North America were to fall.

2 minutes ago, Argus said:

Well none of them deliver on what I want either. But at least the Tories are less fucked up than the Liberals and don't actively oppose what I want.

Well in the case of pot legalization, the Tories were clearly on the wrong side of that, and while I side with the Tories far more than the Liberals in most cases, last election was a situation where the Tories deserved to be punished for failing to move the football and turning the ball over on downs, simple as that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

We're not ideologically pure libertarians, and never claimed to be, just said that we both have a libertarian streak, but are still Tories. Like Dougie says, a Red Tory yes, but a Tory nonetheless.

Red Tories don't believe in anything Libertarians believe in and vice versa. So that's just totally wacked. It's like saying you're a Nazi with an admiration for Jews.

Well in the case of pot legalization, the Tories were clearly on the wrong side of that, and while I side with the Tories far more than the Liberals in most cases, last election was a situation where the Tories deserved to be punished for failing to move the football and turning the ball over on downs.

Ever heard of the phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'?

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

Ever heard of the phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'?

Yup, but voting Liberal in 2015 was the right call, can throw the Liberals out of power later, and regroup with a better leader than Harper, who hopefully will actually move the ball before he turns it over on downs. Don't have to be a pure partisan and vote Tory no matter how badly they fuck up, that's not the way I prefer to roll.

What good are Tories who are basically Liberals anyway? Nah, you gotta throw those bums out when they pull that shit, trying to hold onto the ball forever can backfire in the long-term.

Edited by Yzermandius19

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Wrong, not even close to the same thing. There is crossover between Red Tories and Libertarians, and if you can't see that, you're blind.

Indeed, like Martin Brian Mulroney being utterly opposed to Section 33 being in the Charter, classically liberal conservatism with a capital L, when the capital L liberals fail to live up to their principles.

1 minute ago, Kerfuffle said:

One believes in the Deity and the other sniffs coke oven gas....that makes them crazy ....

Yet entirely within our rights, with an army behind us, to crush those who would prevent us from exercising them, in the name of God himself, by the Treaty of Paris 1763.

6 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Wrong, not even close to the same thing. There is crossover between Red Tories and Libertarians, and if you can't see that, you're blind.

Tell me what the crossover is between Ron Paul and Red tories.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed, like Martin Brian Mulroney being utterly opposed to Section 33 being in the Charter, classically liberal conservatism with a capital L, when the capital L liberals fail to live up to their principles.

A real Libertarian, or one with Libertarian sympathies, would be horrified by the Canadian Charter and what it's become. It's an excuse for judge-made law to trump what people want, even what their political representatives want, based on the ideological and social beliefs of the judges.

Just now, Argus said:

A real Libertarian, or one with Libertarian sympathies, would be horrified by the Canadian Charter and what it's become. It's an excuse for judge-made law to trump what people want, even what their political representatives want, based on the ideological and social beliefs of the judges.

I am horrified, however as a Tory, I am bound by my oath to the Queen of Canada, to resist the enemies of the Crown and defend the Queen's Peace.

Her Majesty defends the Charter, I defend Her Majesty, a Red Tory yes, but a Tory none the less. 

9 minutes ago, Argus said:

Tell me what the crossover is between Ron Paul and Red tories.

A belief in a individual rights and liberty. 

Red Tories prefer more government intervention than Ron Paul would be comfortable with, but there is obviously significant crossover there nonetheless. You are simply too focused on the differences and not the similarities, because Libertarian and Red Tory are not mutually exclusive terms, as you insist they are.

Edited by Yzermandius19

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Yet entirely within our rights, with an army behind us, to crush those who would prevent us from exercising them, in the name of God himself, by the Treaty of Paris 1763.

Educated society will crush your religion......its happening now at a accelerated rate......sorry to break it to you but Santa and Easter bunny are not real either

22 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Educated society will crush your religion......its happening now at a accelerated rate......sorry to break it to you but Santa and Easter bunny are not real either

The Declaration of Independence will free all the slaves, everywhere, including those who look down their "educated" noses at it.

No matter how educated those who look down their noses at it perceive themselves to be, they will fail, the American Information Empire is the future, not just the past. Like Dougie says, can't kill an idea.

The Crown Knows, hence UKUSSA. Red, White and Blue Machine will roll on despite the haters, Empire of Liberty FTW.

God Save The Queen, God Bless America.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The Declaration of Independence will free all the slaves, everywhere, including those who look down their "educated" noses at it.

No matter how educated those who look down their noses at it perceive themselves to be, they will fail, the American Information Empire is the future, not just the past.

The Crown Knows, hence UKUSSA.

God Save The Queen, God Bless America.

Wonder how the prayers of the young children asking their god to stop the raping by their priests went......religion is an evil cult and serves no good.

4 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Wonder how the prayers of the young children asking their god to stop the raping by their priests went......religion is an evil cult and serves no good.

Show me one successful majority atheist civilization in history. I see none, I do however see a boat load of successful majority religious civilizations.

Atheists have a lower birth rate, the Theists are outbreeding you, hate to break it to you, actually no I don't, I love rubbing that in your face. The Atheists don't have enough children to pass their "non-beliefs" down to, the Theists on the other hand.....

Religion is here to say, no matter how little utility atheists think it has. Belief is simply more unifying than non-belief, the atheists don't stand a chance.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Show me one successful athiest civilization in history. I see none, I do however see a boat load of successful religious civilizations.

Atheists have a lower birth rate, the Theists are outbreeding you, hate to break it to you, actually no I don't, I love rubbing that in your face.

Religion is here to say, no matter how little utility atheists think it has.

Like i said ...coke oven gas makes you crazy....religion is dying and it cant happen fast enough....

7 minutes ago, Kerfuffle said:

Like i said ...coke oven gas makes you crazy....religion is dying and it cant happen fast enough....

Atheism is dying, due to lack of breeding among atheists. The Religious simply have more kids to pass their beliefs down to, and they are already in the majority by a solid margin. Talk to me when the atheists are outbreeding the religious, when declaring the death of religion, or you have no leg to stand on.

You're wishful thinking won't make religion go away instead, and ad hominem attacks aren't going to win you this argument either.
/shrugs

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 hours ago, Argus said:

Why is it every fucking topic is littered with crap about the US and lunatic theories about the united kingdom? Are you idiots so starved for subject matter you have to continually reply to a fucking wack job who can't ever keep to the subject but has to ramble on about his kooky theories about England and confederation being illegal and his devotion to the fucking monarchy? I wish I could ban all of you and start the site over again. Idiots.

Totally agree 

• Like 1

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge