This web site is in the fucking toilet

Argus

44 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Crazy like foxes, since "Canada" is nothing but a fake country colony forever, whereas the Americans are the leaders of the free world,  ruling the waves, ruling Canada too, but still open for business to any free individual not designated an enemy by formal declaration of war under the Hague Convention.

What is crazy, is rallying around a relatively minor agreement within the now defunct British Empire, in some sort of totalitarian way, as if "Canada" really was the story of my people, when it's not actually.

I don't even rally around the British Crown in a totalitarian way, so long as Her Majesty defends the right, I will hold up my end of the bargain, if/when she ceases to defend me, Declaration of Independence on the spot.

If you're not on drugs you ought to be - and under treatment, as well.  You're a disease on this site, with your incessant spew of idiocy crowding out any reasonable or intelligent discussion. Any reasonable moderation would have banned you long ago.

5 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I post by the terms of conditions in allowance of the moderator, where Charles Anthony directs me, I endeavor to be in compliance with same.

Indeed. However, it should be noted that banning people for going off-topic, is shitty moderation and anti-free speech, and the only people who want to ban people for such things, are folks who cannot handle rational argument, because they can't compete on a level playing field, and they need moderators to be their crutch to avoid having to read someone they disagree with. Classic sign of weakness.

Edited by Yzermandius19

11 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah, my right leaning libertarian streak came on pretty strong after I left the left.

Dougie is not a libertarian, he's a fruit loop.

I realized that Canadians looking down their noses at Americans wasn't based on the fact that they are as superior as they think they are, but because they are actually just jealous and lashing out,

And what of people who look down their noses at Canadians and think the Americans are superior? Does that mean they're just jealous of what we have and they wish they had?

Ron Paul in particular played a huge roll in my conversion, as I'm sure you picked up on.

Ron Paul is a nut job. An extreme Libertarian who wants to ban abortion, and embraces conspiracy theories and antisemitism

I found that the right leaning libertarian position included pretty much everything that I used to find admirable about the left, except without all the baggage. I found that the libertarian position simply had better was of achieving the goals

It's goals? Like returning to the 'every man for himself' school of civilization? A belief that if you can't afford to feed your children then they  should die in the streets? Good luck with that one.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

I believe that it is called "Moral Dependence", all contact with opposing views incites an appeal to an ostensible authority figure to stomp it out.

Apparently it is common to Millennials, having been raised in a fluffy bubble of appeasement to any tantrums thrown.

Argus just realizes he's getting steam rolled by us, and wants to protect his fragile ego by living in denial about it, hence him appealing to authority to ban us.

5 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Indeed. However, it should be noted that banning people for going off-topic, is shitty moderation and anti-free speech, and the only people who want to ban people for such things, are folks who cannot handle rational argument,

I would not be in favour of banning people for going off-topic now and then. Topics ebb and flow and move in all kinds of directions. But when someone repeatedly goes off-topic - as in every single subject the post to, and does so almost immediately into wild flights of fancy that bear little or no relation to the subject, then that person needs to be reminded to stick to the subject or be removed.

1 minute ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Argus just realizes he's getting steam rolled by us, and wants to protect his fragile ego by living in denial about it, hence him appealing to authority to ban us.

LOL. Neither of you two idiots is actually capable of debating any given point. So defeating me on anything is beyond your abilities. The only reason I'm even letting you two spout is to blow off some steam at the way you're mucking up the web site.

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't really get how the metrics work on this forum, but when I log on to my profile, the forum says that my Community Reputation is "Excellent"

Thus, works for me.

That's something you get with number of posts. It has nothing to do with how the 'community' feels about you.

Just now, Argus said:

That's something you get with number of posts. It has nothing to do with how the 'community' feels about you.

I don't make the metrics of the forum, the forum says my reputation is excellent, those appealing to some other authority, are not in compliance with the terms and conditions.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

No it doesn't.  

Argus - don't argue with crazy people.

Dougie has been in my ignore file for a while now. The problem is idiots who respond to him. I hadn't realized Yzermandius and he were in cahoots and will now put him into my ignore file as well. The problem is that people come to this site, read the array of shit these two spew out, roll their eyes, and move on, searching for some other place to have intelligent discussions on politics.

I haven't seen Turningright for a while now. He was an excellent new poster, until these two fuckwits teamed up to insult him repeatedly. He got mad at Charles not doing anything about it quickly enough, and I guess said something which got him suspended. Get that? A quality poster like turningright is suspended, and instead we get a spew of garbage from these two shit posters. Turningright had been threatening to leave because of these types, and I wonder now if he'll even come back. That's how shit posters destroy a discussion site if you don't give them the boot.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

LOL. Neither of you two idiots is actually capable of debating any given point. So defeating me on anything is beyond your abilities. The only reason I'm even letting you two spout is to blow off some steam at the way you're mucking up the web site.

It's just one long string of ad hominen fallacies, we're under no onus nor do we care to try to prove somebody wrong, we just carry on in good faith, until we are directed by the moderator.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't make the metrics of the forum, the forum says my reputation is excellent, those appealing to some other authority, are not in compliance with the terms and conditions.

Go fuck yourself, you wack job. How's that for compliance with terms and conditions.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Doesn't bother me, knock yourself out, I'm not the one crying for the moderator to protect me.

You don't get it. I'm not crying for the moderator to protect ME. What I want is for the moderator to protect the discussion forum from lunatics who disrupt all the conversations with nutty conspiracy theories and bizarre commentary about how Canada is not a real country and how only the Crown has authority, who take every discussion out into the realms of kookery favored by those who are either too high or two insane to understand what idiocy they're spouting.

I only need present my credentials to the Government of Canada, and my excellence as a Canadian subject of the Crown is vetted therein, by their own terms, I have the thanks and commendations of the Queen, the Minister for Defence, and the Chief of the Defence Staff, in writing and signed.

Other than that, all my taxes are paid up, and I have an utterly clean police record, thus me and Canada are good like that.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I only need present my credentials to the Government of Canada, and my excellence as a Canadian subject of the Crown is vetted therein, by their own terms, I have the thanks and commendations of the Queen, the Minister for Defence, and the Chief of the Defence Staff, in writing and signed.

Other than that, all my taxes are paid up, and I have an utterly clean police record, thus me and Canada are good like that.

And yet you're a shit poster. And that's what I care about.

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

And yet you're a shit poster. And that's what I care about.

Posting in defence of the British Crown in North America is no shit where I come from.

Internet mall cops may disagree, but as anyone declaring themselves to be proxy for the state outside the bounds of the British North America Act, is inherently totalitarian, that's the sort of shit I swore to defend the Crown  against.

GSTQ

Edited by Dougie93

38 minutes ago, Argus said:

Dougie is not a libertarian, he's a fruit loop.

And what of people who look down their noses at Canadians and think the Americans are superior? Does that mean they're just jealous of what we have and they wish they had?

Ron Paul is a nut job. An extreme Libertarian who wants to ban abortion, and embraces conspiracy theories and antisemitism

It's goals? Like returning to the 'every man for himself' school of civilization? A belief that if you can't afford to feed your children then they  should die in the streets? Good luck with that one.

1) Dougie is a Red Tory, as am I.
2) Sometimes, yeah. I know plenty of Americans who think they are superior and are jealous of Canada in some regards.
3) Ron Paul wants the states to decide abortion, not the federal government, I don't find Ron Paul to be anti-semetic. I am not as Libertarian as him, but he makes good points at times, though he does have the SIFCLF-R.
4) The left often has good intentions, viewing themselves as the champions of the poor and downtrodden, but they have counter-productive ideas for how to help the very people they claim to champion, and often are their own worst enemies without even realizing it. The right has better solutions to the problems that the left cares about the most, which is a big reason that I left the left.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

1) Dougie is a Red Tory, as am I.

LOL. You don't even get that being a Red Tory is incompatible with being a Libertarian. Libertarians are against almost everything red tories believe in.

I know this because I'M a Libertarian, though a soft one who still believes in the need for certain public services and aid to the poor and disabled.

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

4) The left often has good intentions, viewing themselves as the champions of the poor and downtrodden, but they have counter-productive ideas for how to achieve those goals, and often are their own worst enemies without even realizing it.

Now this I agree on completely.

33 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Apparently he is the proverbial Assistant Manager at Baskin-Robbins come to arrest us in the name of the internet mall cops.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

LOL. You don't even get that being a Red Tory is incompatible with being a Libertarian. Libertarians are against almost everything red tories believe in.

I know this because I'M a Libertarian, though a soft one who still believes in the need for certain public services and aid to the poor and disabled.

Red Tories can have a libertarian streak, just not as big of libertarian streak as the Blue Tories. No enemies on the right, that's how this Red Tory rolls.

Edited by Yzermandius19

The Red part of my Tory is the part where Canadian Confederation has an opt out clause, signed by both the SCC and the Queen of Canada.

If I wasn't a Red Tory, I could not in good conscience make truck and trade with the Pequistes, as only within the terms of 1688,  1763, and 1982, is that lawfully viable.

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge