Trudeau lying about SNC

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

We all know that SNC-Lavalin is shady...that's a given.    Canada wants to have its own Halliburton too.   What Canada lacks is its own Dick Cheney.

What Canada lacks is a Trump like politician who says it like it is and who is not political correct and says they he is not. The politicians that Canada has today are being allowed to run and ruin this once great nation into the ground. While pipelines are being built in America thanks to Trump here in Canada pipelines are not being built thanks to our prime mistake of Canada.

French controlled Lavalin and Bombardier in Canada pretty much run this country. Aw well. :rolleyes: 

2 minutes ago, taxme said:

What Canada lacks is a Trump like politician who says it like it is and who is not political correct and says they he is not. The politicians that Canada has today are being allowed to run and ruin this once great nation into the ground. While pipelines are being built in America thanks to Trump here in Canada pipelines are not being built thanks to our prime mistake of Canada.

French controlled Lavalin and Bombardier in Canada pretty much run this country. Aw well. :rolleyes: 

What pipeline?  Keystone is being held up in court.  I understand your desire for a strong man who gets chit done, but I think tariff man has caused at least as many problems as he’s solved.  One man simply shouldn’t be calling so many shots, and because of it he may lose leverage on even sensible policies due to opposition in Congress. 

You must mean Trudeau and not Trump. All Trump is doing is looking after American interests something which your prime mistake of Canada could care less about that being Canada and Canadians. Congress appears to be full of anti-American traitors. Trump truly does have his work cut out to try and make America great again. Trump is trying to make America great again while those in congress are trying to make America worse. I am pretty sure that trudeau would like to call all the shots if he could get away with it but he cannot. The king appears to have forgotten that he is not dealing with an Obama or Clinton anymore. He is dealing with someone who is great at the art of the deal.

Lavalin is a prime example of who and what trudeau cares about and where his loyalties lie. It is for sure that his loyalty is not with we the people. Trudeau's loyalty is to corporations like Lavalin and Bombardier and big bureaucracy's like the United Nations. Trudeau will lie thru his teeth to try and make himself look great. 

1 minute ago, taxme said:

You must mean Trudeau and not Trump. All Trump is doing is looking after American interests something which your prime mistake of Canada could care less about that being Canada and Canadians. Congress appears to be full of anti-American traitors. Trump truly does have his work cut out to try and make America great again. Trump is trying to make America great again while those in congress are trying to make America worse. I am pretty sure that trudeau would like to call all the shots if he could get away with it but he cannot. The king appears to have forgotten that he is not dealing with an Obama or Clinton anymore. He is dealing with someone who is great at the art of the deal.

Lavalin is a prime example of who and what trudeau cares about and where his loyalties lie. It is for sure that his loyalty is not with we the people. Trudeau's loyalty is to corporations like Lavalin and Bombardier and big bureaucracy's like the United Nations. Trudeau will lie thru his teeth to try and make himself look great. 

If we don’t have engineering firms like Lavalin or pipelines to get our oil to market, it will be harder to uphold the business friendly society you support.  International rules like those set up by the UN prevent the kind of corruption SNC committed in Libya.  It’s great to have rule of law at home, but what about abroad?

7 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

If we don’t have engineering firms like Lavalin or pipelines to get our oil to market, it will be harder to uphold the business friendly society you support.  International rules like those set up by the UN prevent the kind of corruption SNC committed in Libya.  It’s great to have rule of law at home, but what about abroad?

I doubt that Lavalin could care less about UN international rules. It would appear as though our rules of law were not adhered to by trudeau lying about SNC. Rule of law is only supposed to work and be there for the little guy and not for big corporations like Lavalin. Corporations run and rule the world and can pretty much do whatever they want too and to hell with the rule of law. We do not live in a rule of law world all that much. We live in a world where corporations can do as they dam well please without worrying all that much about any real consequences. This whole SNC bull affair will end up going nowhere and be all forgotten in a couple of weeks or months. Topics like this one do not stick around all that long. A month from now and it will be something else and all forgotten. Corruption and bribery will survive in Ottawa for a long time yet. Believe it or not that is what keeps the Canadian government up and running.

Just saying.  :D

14 minutes ago, taxme said:

I doubt that Lavalin could care less about UN international rules. It would appear as though our rules of law were not adhered to by trudeau lying about SNC. Rule of law is only supposed to work and be there for the little guy and not for big corporations like Lavalin. Corporations run and rule the world and can pretty much do whatever they want too and to hell with the rule of law. We do not live in a rule of law world all that much. We live in a world where corporations can do as they dam well please without worrying all that much about any real consequences. This whole SNC bull affair will end up going nowhere and be all forgotten in a couple of weeks or months. Topics like this one do not stick around all that long. A month from now and it will be something else and all forgotten. Corruption and bribery will survive in Ottawa for a long time yet. Believe it or not that is what keeps the Canadian government up and running.

Just saying.  :D

I’d say that federal and provincial accountability offices and ombudsmen are quite powerful and effective.  The fact that Trudeau is facing such scrutiny on the basis of an unsubstantiated news article says it all.  The international rules that you shout down when you go after the UN protect citizens in all countries from corruption, but only if international rules based organizations like the UN are strengthened and supported, which isn’t on in this anti-Globalist-populist-right environment.  You will see more corruption, more treading on human rights, more environmental disasters, and more exploited labour in such a climate. If WTO and UN rules were enhanced and properly enforced, we probably wouldn’t have the trade wars over cheap labour and IP theft that Trump has started.  His argument was that the rules weren’t strict enough on countries like China.  Then fix them. Walking away is creating other problems.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

4 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

We have engineering firms. We don't need THIS one. All SNC Lavalin does is corrupt whatever process they're involved in. There are something like 250 companies on the world bank's blacklist, forbidden to compete on work sponsored by the world bank due to corruption. Of that, 117 are in Canada, believe it or not. And 116 of those are SNC Lavalin and its many subsidiaries.

So with the minister's resignation and retention of a former Supreme Court judge to advise her legally, it's kind of hard to pretend, as some Liberal hacks have been doing, that there's nothing to this. It sure does seem the emerging story is that she was forced out the door because she wouldn't cave in to the PMO demands she go easy on SNC Lavalin.

This is emerging at the same time the prosecution of Admiral Norman is just starting up, and a similar story is beginning to emerge there. Only there it was the ire of another Liberal favorite, Irving Inc, which apparently led to him being booted from his office and then charged. It seems that if you tick of one of these big Liberal companies in Canada they have a pretty powerful reach under JTs goverment.

On 2/12/2019 at 11:07 AM, Zeitgeist said:

The attempts at reconciliation and taking an honest and hard look at fixes to life on reserves and indigenous affairs are noble enough, but I actually don’t think they’ll make a big difference, sadly.  No one wants to make hard but necessary choices.  I mean, the indigenous should make those choices, but it is mostly with non-indigenous tax money, so it’s this endless cap in hand negotiation.  The more financial independence indigenous people have, the more substantive that self-determination will be.  Even the most socially enlightened Canadians have no choice but to see the indigenous as a special interest group asking for handouts, no matter how important they are.  People are people and the question will always be, why should one group which is not contributing much to the tax base draw more money from it?   We can point to past injustices that need to be righted through financial compensation, but what is that dollar amount?  Can there be satisfactory agreement on it?  Some say that too much has been spent, others say not enough.  

Having an indigenous PM would be a great milestone for the country, but obviously the candidate has to be very competent.  Raybould seemed to flub her portfolio, which raises the question of why she was appointed in the first place.  Was it tokenism, trying to get more women or indigenous into cabinet, even if it meant overlooking other weaknesses?  I don’t pretend to know the answers to these questions.  I do think it’s worth considering that maybe Raybould wasn’t very effective in her position, period, and SNC is a trumped up scandal, pun intended. 

Her remarks regarding the outcome of the Stanley trial were completely out of line.  Her inclusion of the 2-hour rule in the new bill regarding drinking and driving was ludicrous and left the government open to court challenges.  I lean towards the token FN with the bonus being she is a female especially considering how this fits in with trudeau's SJW agenda. 

On 2/9/2019 at 4:02 PM, Argus said:

Harper was just as eager to suck up to Quebec as the Liberals and wasn't about to do ANYTHING that would tick them off.

People in the US who don't like the electoral college should look at Canada for an example of how NOT to run a democracy. We basically have a "QuOntocracy" here. If you take a bit of latitude with the pronunciation it's actually quite descriptive.

12 hours ago, mowich said:

Her remarks regarding the outcome of the Stanley trial were completely out of line.  Her inclusion of the 2-hour rule in the new bill regarding drinking and driving was ludicrous and left the government open to court challenges.  I lean towards the token FN with the bonus being she is a female especially considering how this fits in with trudeau's SJW agenda. 

I had forgotten about those remarks, they were inappropriate.    Meanwhile Quebec just thinks it's business as usual and Trudeau is just defending their jobs...      I've read that Bombardier could be next as they are alleged to use bribery also. 

4 hours ago, scribblet said:

I had forgotten about those remarks, they were inappropriate.    Meanwhile Quebec just thinks it's business as usual and Trudeau is just defending their jobs...      I've read that Bombardier could be next as they are alleged to use bribery also. 

How do we do business in countries with weak enforcement of weak laws?  Was SNC merely acting as the Romans do when in Rome by using bribery in Libya?  This isn’t dissimilar to Huawei breaking US sanctions against Iran that don’t exist in China.  The answer, I believe, to all these problems is good international rules and enforcement, but countries want their own rules and getting an international agreement on basic rights and protections seems next to impossible in this protectionist climate. 

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Are you saying Canada is the gold standard?  Not entirely ridiculous if you think Canada is one of the freest countries there is instead of the fascist nanny snowflake state as I think you like to call it.  

I hold Canada to its own standard, I do not compare Canada to other states on a curve. 

I defend and uphold the British Crown in North America, to the highest standard, which is for the fallen, who have gone over the top to their doom to do as I do, as we all have sworn to, so help us God.

New Strategy:  Raybould didn't speak French so clearly she didn't understand what was going on.  So let’s be clear, not only was she difficult, incompetent but heaven forbid, she  didn't understand  French!?  It's hard to imagine these morons are actually running this country.    I guess her French wasn't good enough for the AG but good enough for Veteran's Affairs.  

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-liberal-mp-says-wilson-raybould-might-have-lost-justice-post-because/