Is this racist?

Argus

So I got to thinking about this story because it reflects, to some extent, the left-right divide. To summarize, a very pregnant African woman was confronted by security on a Swedish subway car for not having a ticket. She was issued a fine as punishment which she refused, then was asked to leave, which she refused to do. Security then removed her from the train, which she resisted. She was then pinned down and later taken to hospital.

Many on the Left would moan about this being the racist white society targeting minorities, and being shockingly violent to this woman. I disagree. Either you have a ticket or you don't. If you don't, then you take the fine. If you won't move off a train you have no right to be on then you''ll be moved. And if you're heavily pregnant and physically resist being evicted then you clearly don't give a damn about what happens to the baby, so why should I?

Btw, insofar as attitudes, in particular mine go. Upon reading this I strongly suspected from the start it would not be a Swedish woman, because I would not think a pregnant Swedish woman with a young child accompanying her would act like this. I was correct (I usually am). So is it racist to say to yourself "I bet this isn't a Swedish born person) before reading about the description of who the person was? Is it racist to think "I bet this isn't a Canadian" when I read about gunfire in the streets (they usually aren't)? The Left would say yes, of course.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47087874

Edited by Argus

• 9 months later...

Is this racist? The article has no proof. Just another whining immigrant. I have never used the "N-word".  

If we were to flee Canada or go visit the countries they are from, how would we be treated? You know, white folk?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/london-ontario-racist-incident-workplace-mcdonalds-1.5341465

Edited by Teena
correction

1 minute ago, Teena said:

Is this racist? The article has no proof. Just another whining immigrant. I have never used the "N-word".  

If were were to flee Canada or go visit the countries they are from, how would we be treated? You know, white folk?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/london-ontario-racist-incident-workplace-mcdonalds-1.5341465

There is usually more to such stories that goes unreported...especially the CBC that uses 1984 and Brave New World as guidelines for truth.

• 6 months later...
On February 1, 2019 at 8:32 AM, Argus said:

So I got to thinking about this story because it reflects, to some extent, the left-right divide. To summarize, a very pregnant African woman was confronted by security on a Swedish subway car for not having a ticket. She was issued a fine as punishment which she refused, then was asked to leave, which she refused to do. Security then removed her from the train, which she resisted. She was then pinned down and later taken to hospital.

Many on the Left would moan about this being the racist white society targeting minorities, and being shockingly violent to this woman. I disagree. Either you have a ticket or you don't. If you don't, then you take the fine. If you won't move off a train you have no right to be on then you''ll be moved. And if you're heavily pregnant and physically resist being evicted then you clearly don't give a damn about what happens to the baby, so why should I?

Btw, insofar as attitudes, in particular mine go. Upon reading this I strongly suspected from the start it would not be a Swedish woman, because I would not think a pregnant Swedish woman with a young child accompanying her would act like this. I was correct (I usually am). So is it racist to say to yourself "I bet this isn't a Swedish born person) before reading about the description of who the person was? Is it racist to think "I bet this isn't a Canadian" when I read about gunfire in the streets (they usually aren't)? The Left would say yes, of course.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47087874

Your analysis of the event is not based in, logic, because you left out the vital factors needed to be able to gauge Racism. There are many you left out, but I'll just list the most glaring/most obvious one you excluded; what happens to White very pregnant women when confronted by security on a Swedish subway car, for not having a ticket?  

You forgot that important element in order for you to play the Racism card here.

If pregnant White women are also issued a fine, and then also get violent in anger plus have to be forcefully-removed including taken to a hospital ---then no, it is not racist what happened to the African woman in your OP.

But...

If the very pregnant White women get confronted by security on Swedish subway cars for not having a ticket and get treated with dignity plus respect, about their crime? Including allowed a OTC ride that day?? Yes indeed just like the civilized, I repeat, civilized polite society expects to treat any perplexed pregnant woman? Then in that case it can be fairly deemed, as racist, for Whites to subject only the African pregnant woman to mistreatment you laid out in the OP.  

Moreover, it is exactly a subconscious Admission by you, that the society is racist ---if you read that story, then automatically concluded that this could not possibly be a Caucasian Swedish woman being treated that way. 

Edited by Tdot

16 hours ago, Tdot said:

Your analysis of the event is not based in, logic,

Please don't use words you don't understand.

Your nonsensical reply presumes security would have treated a white pregnant woman differently without evidence.

16 hours ago, Tdot said:

If the very pregnant White women get confronted by security on Swedish subway cars for not having a ticket and get treated with dignity plus respect, about their crime?

This woman was treated with dignity and respect but demonstrated none in return, requiring them to physically remove her.

2 hours ago, Argus said:

Please don't use words you don't understand.

Your nonsensical reply presumes security would have treated a white pregnant woman differently without evidence.

This woman was treated with dignity and respect but demonstrated none in return, requiring them to physically remove her.

I love you bruh but your nonsensical OP here did snatch a situation out of thin air and you then gave no societal context, to compare it to, for readers to fairly gauge if this was in fact a racist act.  

Fortunately for you I came along and added societal context after your, idiocy, excluded it here and left readers with no way to realize how this can be viewed as a racist act as well as how this can be viewed as a non-racist act.

Edited by Tdot

1 hour ago, Tdot said:

I love you bruh but your nonsensical OP here did snatch a situation out of thin air and you then gave no societal context, to compare it to, for readers to fairly gauge if this was in fact a racist act.  

On the contrary, I let people see it and decide if they thought it was racist. Can't get much more fair than that.

1 hour ago, Tdot said:

Fortunately for you I came along and added societal context

Apparently context is another word which baffles you.

• 10 months later...
  • Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    paradox34

• SkyHigh earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • SkyHigh went up a rank
      Proficient
    • gatomontes99 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank