NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

It's like Kadri or Kerfoot?  Who cares, doesn't matter, if the team gets on a roll, everybody will be great, if they don't, everybody will suck.

Team building has been my focus, but now the team is built,  and its so in the hands of the Hockey Gods, there's not much to concern myself about until next spring.

You can't even predict what the problem will be, we thought special teams would be a Leaf strength, turned out to be shit.

We thought the defense would be the problem and offense would be the solution, then they were fine defensively against Boston but the offense flamed out.

It's so unpredictable, once you get past team building, it's a crap shoot and you just have to wait and see.

WTF? Lebanc signs a 1 year, $1 million AAV contract? Kid had 56 points last year, 40 points the year before that, and had a great showing in the playoffs, how in the f*ck did San Jose get him to take that deal? Kerfoot makes $3.5 million and Lebanc is making $1 million, that's just ridiculous. I'd much rather have Lebanc and he's 3.5 times cheaper. Tanev gets paid $3.5 million for almost half the production, the difference between what the Pens pay Tanev and the Sharks pay Lebanc based on the value of those two players, is absolutely mind blowing.

That contract has such absurd value it makes me wonder if something fishy is going on and they paid him under the table, I mean, why would he sign for that little and leave millions on the table? Does he hate money?

Where does Doug Wilson find all these guys willing to sign over the top team friendly deals just to play in San Jose? I get it for the old dudes who want to win a cup, but for a 23 year old who puts up 40+ points his last two seasons, to not want to get paid just to play in San Jose, that's next level shit right there.

Edited by Yzermandius19

8 hours ago, Yzermandius19 said:

WTF? Lebanc signs a 1 year, $1 million AAV contract? Kid had 56 points last year, 40 points the year before that, and had a great showing in the playoffs, how in the f*ck did San Jose get him to take that deal? Kerfoot makes $3.5 million and Lebanc is making $1 million, that's just ridiculous. I'd much rather have Lebanc and he's 3.5 times cheaper. Tanev gets paid $3.5 million for almost half the production, the difference between what the Pens pay Tanev and the Sharks pay Lebanc based on the value of those two players, is absolutely mind blowing.

That contract has such absurd value it makes me wonder if something fishy is going on and they paid him under the table, I mean, why would he sign for that little and leave millions on the table? Does he hate money?

Where does Doug Wilson find all these guys willing to sign over the top team friendly deals just to play in San Jose? I get it for the old dudes who want to win a cup, but for a 23 year old who puts up 40+ points his last two seasons, to not want to get paid just to play in San Jose, that's next level shit right there.

Yeah that is odd, although if Kyle only signed Kerfoot for one year it wouldn't been at 3.5.

1 hour ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Lebanc hates bank, that must be it, shit makes no f*cking sense on his end.

Indeed,  even if he has some gentlemans agreement with Wilson, if Lebanc has a down season, he ain't gonna get paid.

56 points in hand, that's where you do as Johnsson and Kerfoot did and get your 4 x 3.5 at least.

I mean, Johnsson took a one year qualifying offer and bet on himself, but when you win the bet, that's when you cash in.

16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Indeed,  even if he has some gentlemans agreement with Wilson, if Lebanc has a down season, he ain't gonna get paid.

56 points in hand, that's where you do as Johnsson and Kerfoot did and get your 4 x 3.5 at least.

I mean, Johnsson took a one year qualifying offer and bet on himself, but when you win the bet, that's when you cash in.

If you are going to bet on yourself with a one-year deal, at least cash the bet you won coming off the ELC while you do it.

Edited by Yzermandius19

38 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

If you are going to bet on yourself with a one-year deal, at least cash the bet you won coming off the ELC while you do it.

The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't have arbitration rights this year, and he didn't want to hold out but he was aware that Wilson was going to let him sit, so he's betting on himself again, then next year he gets arbitration, and he's thinking he's gonna rack up points playing with Jumbo.

10 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

The only thing I can think of is that he doesn't have arbitration rights this year, and he didn't want to hold out but he was aware that Wilson was going to let him sit, so he's betting on himself again, then next year he gets arbitration, and he's thinking he's gonna rack up points playing with Jumbo.

That's a risky bet, Jumbo Joe has obviously lost a step, and it won't be long before he falls off a cliff, if that's next year and he doesn't put up the points, it could backfire huge on him. Not only that though, but Wilson wasn't going to sit him if he didn't take $1 million, he could have gotten at least two million more, Wilson would have given it to him, and still bet on himself. Lebanc left money on table and Wilson is laughing all the way to the bank.

Edited by Yzermandius19

7 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Alex Nylander is officially a bust.

Dumb trade by Chicago, Buffalo Fleece City. Blackhawks need defense to, and need forwards a lot less, so not only did they lose the trade, but they traded depth at a position they need for a position they don't need. Derp.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Dumb trade by Chicago, Buffalo Fleece City. Blackhawks need defense to, and need forwards a lot less, so not only did they lose the trade, but they traded depth at a position they need for a position they don't need. Derp.

Now the fun part,  let's go back and look at who the Sabres could have drafted instead of Alex Nylander, who I personally never thought was that good and predicted at the time would be a bust.

Ouch, Mikhail Sergachev, one of my favorites, right after Nylander #9

But even ouchier, Charlie McAvoy #14

31 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Now the fun part,  let's go back and look at who the Sabres could have drafted instead of Alex Nylander, who I personally never thought was that good and predicted at the time would be a bust.

Ouch, Mikhail Sergachev, one of my favorites, right after Nylander #9

But even ouchier, Charlie McAvoy #14

Yeah if they hadn't drafted that bum they wouldn't have had to trade for Jokiharju, could have had McAvoy or Sergachev, f*ck Buffaloberta.

Drafts are always a crap shoot. Most people who are good are never predicted high. Scouting is a guess.bMe I am old school. I start with skating. You can' t teach it. Gretzky, Esposito could not skate but they are the exceptions. Give me skating and soft hands and I can mold the rest. Thus Nylander was touted. What ails him is puff pastry attitude. He can not handle the physical game. A year with Kane and Toews may change that.

The Habs eed to get real and trade Price to a contender this year .They need to finish the rebuild. I am a Habs fan but they need to stop with this idea they can rebuild around him. How is this for a shocker. Marner and obviously the Leafs goalie for Price and Domi. Both win on that one. How about  Price and Domi  to  Buffalo for Reichel. Yah you heard me. I like  the Habs draft picks but they need to finish it.He also deserves a cup. 

Edited by Rue

9 hours ago, Rue said:

Drafts are always a crap shoot. Most people who are good are never predicted high. Scouting is a guess.bMe I am old school. I start with skating. You can' t teach it. Gretzky, Esposito could not skate but they are the exceptions. Give me skating and soft hands and I can mold the rest. Thus Nylander was touted. What ails him is puff pastry attitude. He can not handle the physical game. A year with Kane and Toews may change that.

Nah, he's a bust, he ain't his brother, and he ain't going to be playing with either, he'll be lucky to make the roster really. He can't hack it in the NHL. Too soft to play in the bottom six, not enough skill to play in the top six, the trade makes no sense.

Edited by Yzermandius19

9 hours ago, Rue said:

The Habs eed to get real and trade Price to a contender this year .They need to finish the rebuild. I am a Habs fan but they need to stop with this idea they can rebuild around him. How is this for a shocker. Marner and obviously the Leafs goalie for Price and Domi. Both win on that one. How about  Price and Domi  to  Buffalo for Reichel. Yah you heard me. I like  the Habs draft picks but they need to finish it.He also deserves a cup. 

The Leafs lose huge with that one. Goaltending isn't their problem and Domi is a huge downgrade on Marner, it makes sense for the Habs, but the Leafs won't stand for that fleecing, not to mention the Leafs are having cap issues and couldn't afford to fit both Domi and Price under the cap even if it wasn't a fleecing.

Eichel for Domi and Price is also a fleecing, Habs make out like bandits in all your proposed trades, and neither Dubas or Botterill are dumb enough to get fleeced like that. These trades simply aren't realistic at all, moving Price out is a good idea, but you aren't getting a return like that for doing so, bet that.

Edited by Yzermandius19

Rumor has it that Patrik Laine and the Winnipeg Jets are not even on the same page, in contract negotiations.  Apparently Laine wants to be bridged and is far from happy in Winnipeg, while the Jets want to sign him long-term.  There is a big divide in the Jets dressing room, and there is speculation of dissent from the Jets younger stars, as Byfugliien, Wheeler, and Scheifele seem to be in "camp A' with Ehlers, Laine, Roslovic, and others falling into "camp B."

Maurice has a history of siding with the vets, so his shelf life in Winnipeg may be coming to an end.

1 hour ago, J4L said:

Rumor has it that Patrik Laine and the Winnipeg Jets are not even on the same page, in contract negotiations.  Apparently Laine wants to be bridged and is far from happy in Winnipeg, while the Jets want to sign him long-term.  There is a big divide in the Jets dressing room, and there is speculation of dissent from the Jets younger stars, as Byfugliien, Wheeler, and Scheifele seem to be in "camp A' with Ehlers, Laine, Roslovic, and others falling into "camp B."

Maurice has a history of siding with the vets, so his shelf life in Winnipeg may be coming to an end.

Maurice's shelf life in Winnipeg may be coming to an end. Jets aren't going to side with Maurice over Laine, and if they did, that would be really dumb. Byfuglien and Wheeler's shelf life diminishes by the day, they ain't getting any younger, getting rid of all the talent around them aside from Sheifele is one sure fire way to ensure the Jets contention window closes real quick.

Just fire Maurice, that's the best move.

Edited by Yzermandius19
  • Like 1

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    paradox34

• SkyHigh earned a badge
      Posting Machine
    • SkyHigh went up a rank
      Proficient
    • gatomontes99 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • gatomontes99 went up a rank