NHL General Thread

QuebecOverCanada

Matthews scores his 22nd, missed an entire month, and still has 10 more points than Laine, with only 3 fewer goals total and only 3 fewer on the PP.

Matthews 1.24 points per game.  Laine 0.67 points per game.

Matthews on pace for 41 goals in 68 games.  Laine on pace for 40 goals in 82 games.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

Another absolutely pathetic display from Team Babcock, not only in terms of Mike Babcock country club, but also in terms of Babcock just getting brutally out coached in game.

Well, at least you got those loser points, but not getting two points against the Red Wings at this point is still pretty embarrassing. 

Avs-East have many of the same problem as Leafs-West, can get wins against teams that you'd expect them to lose to, yet oddly can't beat teams they should definitely beat. \

I feel your pain, I mean, the Avs lost to the Sens not that long ago, got blown out too, no loser points in that one, that was far worse, straight up infuriating that one, still pisses me off. 

Pouty McGee himself even had a three point night, solid revenge game performance right thur, can't get much worse than that. I feel like Intro Revenge was on loop in his head the entire game.

Edited by Yzermandius19

It's not even pain at this point, I've resigned myself to Mike Babcock Country Club, I don't even get mad about it, it's par for the course.

Apparently, Team Babcock will simply flip a switch and start working in the playoffs, I'll just have to wait and see, pretty sure the bad habits will catch up with them again, but then Dubas will just have to consider his options, I'm ready to fire Babcock right now, but I'm not jonesin' for it, I just think he's not getting the job done.

Reportedly, Tampa is in on both Wayne Simmonds and Michael Ferland. 

I'd like something heavy like that for the Loafs, but they can't trade away any more first rounders which is what either of those two will cost.

Fact is, Mark Hunter Hockey Genius was a bust, because most of his picks were busts, Dubstep needs the first rounders to make up for Korshkov-itis

Not to mention I would be very hesitant to go all in, on the aforementioned Mike Babcock Country Club,  lazily drifting its way towards another early exit in the spring.

Edited by Dougie93

Simmons lays a beat down on the Mike Babcock Country Club;

https://torontosun.com/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs/simmons-big-dollars-dont-add-up-to-wins-for-maple-leafs

"Mike Babcock, highest-paid coach in hockey history, isn’t a candidate for coach of the year. Babcock said he liked the way the Leafs played in Detroit Friday night. That, too, is a concern. If Babcock was, in fact, speaking the truth, he has become delusional in this season suddenly heading in the wrong direction."

Edited by Dougie93

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Wow, Avs getting ree-insed by the Cancucks.  Loafs Westy.

Yeah, suppose I'll have to sooth my woes with that snazzy Jose Aldo finish, and the money I won on the rest of tonight's fight card. Could have done better, but still a solid night, degenerate gambling wise.

The Avs want to be Loafs West tonight, hardly surprising, can't beat teams they should definitely beat, happens all the time, especially lately. Anytime they want to snap out of this slump of their's is fine with me.

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Yeah, suppose I'll have to sooth my woes with that snazzy Jose Aldo finish, and the money I won on the rest of tonight's fight card. Could have done better, but still a solid night, degenerate gambling wise. The Avs want to be Loafs West tonight, hardly surprising, can't beat teams they should definitely beat, happens all the time, especially lately.

Very Loafs Westy, they can't get the pace up.  But the lack of jam is disturbing, considering this is a dog fight for the last playoff spot with Van about to bounce them, you'd think there would be a sense of urgency.   Loafs West Country Club.

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

Hup, they just cut to Gentleman Joe up in the GM suite.  Not happy.  

Then they cut to Bednar on the bench.  Not looking too secure.

If the Avs miss the playoffs, he could totally get the axe. Wouldn't mind giving McClellan a shot if so, Oilderp Dumpster Fire just made him look bad, like you say.

4 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Can't wait until they miss, got to try to save the season now.   If Joe is gonna make a move, might as well give the new guy a shot down the stretch.

It's not like Bednar has some secret sauce, totally replaceable.

I suppose, but it's pretty rare that a team in the midst of playoff race, where they are on the bubble, fire their head coach. If Sakic has the balls to buck conventional wisdom on this one, I'd be impressed.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

I suppose, but it's pretty rare that a team in the midst of playoff race, where they are on the bubble, fire their head coach. If Sakic has the balls to buck conventional wisdom on this one, I'd be impressed.

Once they slip a few games back, that's not the bubble anymore, that's just out, at which point I don't see any harm in giving another coach a shot to right the ship, maybe if the coach has a huge contract like Babcock, or multiple Stanley Cups for you like Quenneville, you give them more rope, but I don't see any reason to ride Bednar down very far for very long before pulling the plug.

Like, If Babcock didn't have $25 million left on his contract, I think he'd be fired by now.

It's all about expectations relative to talent.

Babcock has  Tavares, Matthews, Kadri, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Reilly and Muzzin now, with a legit number one goalie. . .

. . . and he has one point less than the Islanders, is only three points ahead of the Habs, and is fifteen points behind Tampa.

Most overrated coach in the history of hockey.

Edited by Dougie93

• Tell a friend

Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    nyralucas

• Jeary earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Venandi went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Gaétan earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • Dictatords earned a badge