Toxic Masculinity ad from Gillette.

Boges

And a last one, the cherry on top.

'So this is what I got out of this video, 1. No man should ever try to approach a woman about anything or else some random man will jump out and shove you and be like "Not cool". 2. You should never try to tell a girl to just smile and have fun while at a party to try and cheer her up or else another man will jump out and call you out. 3. Boys should never be boys and wrestle around and have fun (I'll be sure to ask for forgiveness tonight since my brother and I did that a lot when we were kids). 4. It is never a woman's fault and women are never abusive to men. That is non existent. and 5. You should just avoid talking to women all together so you can avoid being on the toxic masculinity list. Okay, I got it. Now I need to go divorce my wife before I get accused on man handling. Thank you!'

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

The thing is, you either digress totally from my point, or you don't quite get where I'm at. Of course males display 'violence' more than women. 

Women exhibit 'toxic' behaviours as well as men do and sometimes are accomplices. Say what you want, but a manipulating cunt can ruin a life much worse than an ass whoop for example. Yet, no one calls out the cunt. 

Get it?

I do "get" what you're saying.

Even though men commit like 99% of sex crimes and like 90% of over-all crime and atrocities, Gillette should focus on cunty gold-digger women manipulators.  

Edited by Goddess

Just now, Goddess said:

I do "get" what you're saying.

Even though men commit like 99% of sex crimes and like 90% of over-all crime and atrocities, Gillette should focus on cunty gold-digger women manipulators.  

So you're just digressing...

I don't think you quite get what I mean. Read my replies and come back.

I'm coming late to this and I haven't read the responses so I'm sorry if I repeat what others have said.  The first thing that came to mind when I heard about this ad ( I haven't seen it) was "Barbaric Cultural Practices".  If you don't indulge in them, you don't have to worry about it.  That's why I was in favour of the phrase being used during immigration.

So as I'm not a bastard, I don't worry about the ad.

As for a boycott, who else makes razor blades?

Edited by bcsapper
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they have a couple of days growth - Not Blaise Pascal

It's hilariously ironic that the same people who believe this ad is painting too broad a brush have no issue painting broad brush strokes in regards to things like Militant Islam. 

I think people who protest to this ad see too much of themselves in the ad. People who think bullying is just part of growing up and men should be Alpha's and get whatever woman they want. If that's what it is to be a man, then there's a problem. 

57 minutes ago, Boges said:

It's hilariously ironic that the same people who believe this ad is painting too broad a brush have no issue painting broad brush strokes in regards to things like Militant Islam. 

I think people who protest to this ad see too much of themselves in the ad. People who think bullying is just part of growing up and men should be Alpha's and get whatever woman they want. If that's what it is to be a man, then there's a problem. 

I would bet women and girls are bullied more by women and girls compared to men and boys.

1 minute ago, GostHacked said:

I would bet women and girls are bullied more by women and girls compared to men and boys.

I'm not even talking about treatment of women. Men treating other men like shit. 

Hazing in High School is the perfect example of toxic behaviour that's shrugged off as Boys will be Boys. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

Change the word man, by black.

Make the same commercial, but say that there should be less crimes committed by blacks too just to add.

11 minutes ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

Change the word man, by black.

Make the same commercial, but say that there should be less crimes committed by blacks too just to add.

There are people of many different racial groups in this ad. It's about Men, not racial group. 

You want to make that ad, go ahead. 

2 hours ago, Boges said:

That has to be one of the most inane comparisons I've ever read.

22 minutes ago, Boges said:

You want to make that ad, go ahead. 

There is really something wrong with understanding the other person's argument with you and Goddess. You really have no clue to why I said there should be an advertisement about Blacks. 

And Blacks, just like Men, are a huge group of people, that are amalgamated to the worse because of intolerant pricks.

16 minutes ago, Argus said:

That has to be one of the most inane comparisons I've ever read.

They have no logic at all.

They say it's not demonizing men in general but just toxic masculinity.

Look at the commercial.

-Rough and tumble play for kids that are separated = bullying? toxic? 

-Men standing next to a bbq saying 'boys will be boys' = bullying? toxic? WTF is up with the bbq thing?

-Telling a woman in party to cheer up = Sexual harassment? 

Edited by QuebecOverCanada

1 hour ago, QuebecOverCanada said:

There is really something wrong with understanding the other person's argument with you and Goddess. You really have no clue to why I said there should be an advertisement about Blacks. 

And Blacks, just like Men, are a huge group of people, that are amalgamated to the worse because of intolerant pricks.

You said if the same ad was done about an identifiable ethnic group instead about all men then it would be racist. 

It's an Apples to Oranges comparison. 

This is the type of What-a-boutism that the Right continually go to in order to try and absolve themselves of being held accountable to anything. 

19 minutes ago, Boges said:

You said if the same ad was done about an identifiable ethnic group instead about all men then it would be racist. 

It's an Apples to Oranges comparison. 

This is the type of What-a-boutism that the Right continually go to in order to try and absolve themselves of being held accountable to anything. 

If the Blacks ad proposition was racist, how is it that the ad that Gillette did wasn't sexist towards men?

'Hey Blacks, you know you don't have to bully and rape!'

I have another proposition.

Seen on Reddit;

Voiceover

Society has a problem that can no longer be ignored...Toxic Femininity

News reports of False Rape Accusations and Huge Divorce Settlements play in the background

Several women are standing around at a barbecue. One is laughing, cradling her pregnant stomach and says "Haha yeah, Joe still doesn't want kids so I cut holes in the condoms". Her friend says "Not cool, sis"

Toxic Femininity affects all of us...

Two women are sitting on a bed in what seems to be a dorm room. One is visibly upset and screams "He thinks he can cheat on me? We'll see who's laughing when he's sitting in a cell on rape charges". A smile replaces her tears.

Women. You have to do better.

2 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Ads for Women:  Be thin! Be thick! Love your body! Get bigger boobs! Embrace your grey hair! Dye your hair! Wear makeup! Look natural! Hide your age! These pants are slimming.....

Women:  OK :blink:

Gillette:  Men should be less shitty.

Men:  Don't tell us what to do!

LMAO

Like any politician and company or academia said that in their ads in the 2ks ever. 

4 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Ads for Women:  Be thin! Be thick! Love your body! Get bigger boobs! Embrace your grey hair! Dye your hair! Wear makeup! Look natural! Hide your age! These pants are slimming.....

Women:  OK :blink:

Gillette:  Men should be less shitty.

Men:  Don't tell us what to do!

They blew it with the giant row of men saying 'boys will be boys'. Otherwise...meh. Chivalry ain't dead. At least with certain men...

(adds qualifier...irony :lol:)

And talking about the bbqs, feminists seem to have a problem with them.

Why do nomal men turn sexist when they get in front of a barbecue? - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/jul/19/barbecue-normal-men-sexist

Why do barbecues bring out your inner sexists

https://metro.co.uk/2017/06/06/why-do-barbecues-bring-out-our-inner-sexists-6688319/

1 minute ago, Boges said:

So rough housing is the same as bullying? The video portrayed it in the light of bullying. 

Two boys were playing rough and tumble on the grass near the bbq, they get separated.

They are so toxic, I can't believe it. I apologize on behalf of all men.