Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?

The Bible teaches one to start a spiritual journey from the
bottom, i.e. from a stage where he must consider himself as a born sinner and starts his journey upwards from there. One reaches the second stage when he realises that he is the son and God is his father. The final realisation is when he realises that he and the Father are one. 

This is similar to the spiritual journey of a Hindu who starts his journey from the Dwait stage, where he thinks himself and God to be two distinct entities, graduates to Vishishta Adwait, a stage where he thinks himself a fragment/fraction of Him and finally reached to the Adwait stage where he merges himself with that infinite consciousness.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

John Lennon. It seems to me that the only true Christians were the Gnostics, who believed in self-knowledge, I.E. becoming Gods
themselves, reaching the Christ within, the light is the truth. Turn on the light. All the better to see you my dear.

John 6 ; 63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they
are life.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the
key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your
tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

I think Jesus hated the idol worshipers of the traditional supernatural based religions and wanted to put us on a better and more naturalistic Gnostic Christian path of seeking knowledge and wisdom through Gnosis; that being a deeper knowledge of the self and others.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY&feature=youtu.be

12 hours ago, Slick said:

I think it is unlikely that the Jesus you speak of existed at all.  It seems more likely that JC was a Euhemerization or at least an aggrandized compilation of deeds and ideas.

You are likely correct.

That is why we should not take any of the bible literally.

Care to tell us if you see the bible and other religions doing/teaching what the O.P. suggests?

Are Gods to rule us or are we to rule over them?

Regards

DL

I tossed out the Bible years ago.  It started after I actually read it. (I have read it completely through 2X).

It started when I read this passage:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordeal_of_the_bitter_water

Basically, a man who thought his wife was unfaithful could drag her before the high priest who would force her to drink some "bitter water".  If she was unfaithful, horrible physical transformations would happen to her - her thighs would melt away and her belly would swell.  If nothing happened, then she was deemed "faithful" and her husband was to immediately take her home and get that woman pregnant!

WTF?  What if you had a arse for a husband who was dragging you before the high priest on a weekly basis?  Why wasn't there a "faithfulness" test for men?

It was then that I realized this book was not writtten by any God.  It was written by goddamn MEN.

That realization allowed me to question other things, too.

Spirituality - Yes

Organized religion - No, thank you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

Organized religion - No, thank you

You are a real Goddess.

Here is how you grow your spirituality. I use the words of the bible and Jesus, but just replace Jesus with any mantra of your choice, as that is all that Jesus is, and meditate.

You are not to look for a supernatural God, but for what Jung and Freud called the Mother Complex.  

It is where your deepest instincts come from and are likely in the right hemisphere of your mind.

That is the more Eastern mystic type of thinking and I have had a personal success and can tell you it can work, if you do the work.

This sound quite religious but ignore that and seek your Mother Complex. If you look up that term, do not work it into Freud's Oedipus Complex. It does not apply.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

Regards

DL

• 2 months later...

Jesus never existed. He is unknown to history. The Romans left no records of such a rabble rousing rabbi though they left records co-temporaneous with the time of Pilate who did exist and for whom there is physical evidence.  The Essenes, a religious bunch totally involved with the religious politics of the time, left voluminous records, but nary a mention of such a person or such antics as have been attributed the imaginary man. Other historians of the time also failed to mention the son of god was walking among them.<_<

Edited by Realitycheck
spelling
  • Like 3

I agree that the biblical Jesus is a fraud.

Jesus was the ancients way of showing what an archetypal good man would do and think like.

Jesus, as far as I can see, is what Joseph Campbell called a hero of 1,000 faces.

Jesus was never meant to be believed to be real but the literal reading of myths by the less intelligent Christians screwed that up really good.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR02ciandvg&feature=BFa&list=PLCBF574D

Regards

DL

Edited by French Patriot

On 1/21/2019 at 6:17 PM, Slick said:

Gods are a concept or a tool that allow men to rule over other men.

And over women. 

I think gods as a concept and religion in the main are a tool, too.

Man is not god-made; god is man-made. Hand-crafted, from all natural ingredients. 

Little wonder religions claim man is made in the image of god; it's because god is made in the image of man, so it's an easy mistake to make, to put the carriage before the horse.

• Like 3

French Patriot, there is no such thing as literal reading of myths. "Jesus died then came back to life." "A woman without insemination gave birth to a child." "3-1 = 0."

Jesus:"Before your grandchildren die, I shall have come back to Earth." (Or something to this effect. It's in the Bible.) "There is an afterlife and we know how it unfolds." (Unsustainable claim.) "The wicked will be punished and the righteous shalt be saved." (Pure wishful fiction.) "Accept Jesus as your Lord Saviour and you just purchased a prime real estate in heaven with no depreciation." (Bait and wait.)

French Patriot, what do you mean "read the bible without interpretation"? In fact, why read the bible in the first place? It is a book written by misinformed (by today's standards) men who could not write well, were gullible uneducated idiot-ignoramuses (by today's standards) who insisted we believe the impossible and a whole bunch of other tall tales. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, Guest said:

I think it is unlikely that the Jesus you speak of existed at all.  It seems more likely that JC was a Euhemerization or at least an aggrandized compilation of deeds and ideas.

No question he never existed. He is just an adoption of pagan rising god myths.

1 minute ago, Realitycheck said:

No question he never existed. He is just an adoption of pagan rising god myths.

True, but only after Christianity plagiarized and changed the Chrestian man above god ideology.

The Karaite Jews and Gnostic Christians continue with that thinking today.

That is when all hell broke loose, so to speak.

Regards

DL

• Like 1