Older women are not attractive to men?

Argus

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

You will die lonely and alone... if you aren't grifted by a shallow bimbo before then.  You don't need a girlfriend, you need a succession of prostitutes.  Go forward and pursue your happiness !  ( My opinion only, and no offense meant here. )

Nah.  No offense taken.  Its just my personal preference.  But Im getting too old soon to keep bouncing around every 5 years or so.  My girl now is 14 years my junior.  Maybe she'll bounce me in  a few years. Providence. 

• 9 months later...

I'm an older female and I am attracted  to younger men, of which I have no small number trying to date me.

Cannot imagine dating a 19 year old -- he needs to be able to carry on a conversation and know something of life and the world, and frankly, though a great body is lovely, I do think there is something lacking in you if that alone will satisfy you. 

Yes, they mostly want me for sex but quite a few want more and try hard to convince me they're worthy. 

So are older women attractive? By my experience, many, many men say yes. 

• Like 1

I am 63 so am not comfortable with people young enough to be younger or similiar in  age to my daughters which means under 35.  Of course younger women are attractive physically but there is more than just that. Intelligence, humour, good hygiene, are important. I find Jane Fonda still hot. Bottom line I prefer dogs these days as companions other than my wife. They are like me..we bark and drool but are loyal to my wife.

Edited by Rue

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 7:12 PM, OftenWrong said:

I just think they’re old sluts.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:11 PM, WeatherSystem said:

I'm an older female and I am attracted  to younger men, of which I have no small number trying to date me.

Cannot imagine dating a 19 year old -- he needs to be able to carry on a conversation and know something of life and the world, and frankly, though a great body is lovely, I do think there is something lacking in you if that alone will satisfy you. 

Yes, they mostly want me for sex but quite a few want more and try hard to convince me they're worthy. 

I am an old guy and I find many older women to look quite beautiful and sexy looking. Melissa Francis(48), Dana Perino(48), and Shannon Bream(50)of FOX News all look delicious to me . Jennifer Aniston(50)is nice eye candy also. Lol. Although they can be considered somewhat still young, they are getting up there, and I suspect that they will still be looking great ten years from now. I could not keep "up" with the young ones anymore. I would be down and out for the day after our first encounter, if you get my drift. Gawd bless some of those old gals. Not all are sluts. ;)

On 1/14/2020 at 6:11 PM, WeatherSystem said:

That said, every 19 year old guy should be so lucky, at least once.  It also pays something forward, so to speak, to the younger women these guys meet later in life. 

On 1/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, Argus said:

Much insults have been heaped upon this writer for saying he wasn't interested in women who are 50 and older (he is 50), but he echoes a theme we've seen elsewhere. One online dating site said last year that while women considered  the 'perfect age' for men was generally a few years older than them, men thought the perfect age for women was 19. And that never changed, despite how old the men got. 

In defense of men, I think that, like women, they are simply responding to instincts. Men are hard-coded to want to mate with women of child-bearing age. And that instinct does not care how reasonable or realistic that is. Women, on the other hand, are instinctively drawn to strong, powerful, aggressive men - by instinct. Those are the men who, for a million years, would be seen as the best providers and defenders of them and their children. And it doesn't matter that this is not actually true these days, where the scrawny computer engineer can earn five times the salary of the big strong labourer, and a civilized society makes violence unlikely.  It's all instinct.

I'm not sure if it's Jonathan Haidt, or some other psychologist who has pointed out that most of our decisions are made on instinct, and then we use our intellect to rationalize what our instincts and emotions are telling us to do. But I think, by and large, that's the case with those we find sexually attractive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46788256

Let's be realistic -

Men at 50 are usually going through mid-life crisis!   :lol:   They don't want to be reminded of age-ing!

Edited by betsy

On 1/8/2019 at 4:12 PM, Goddess said:

He seems to be talking about both? He seems to be saying that he cannot love a woman over 50 because their body isn't perfect anymore?

I agree with your comments about being led by instincts - we are mammals after all - but mature people use their intellect to override those baser instincts.  this guy seems quite.....ummmm.....un-evolved?

For someone so judgmental about female aging, the picture of him is rather unimpressive.  Old, grey, and probably a paunch, judging from his jowls.....doesn't look like that great of a catch, especially factoring in his issues with female bodies.  This is what makes him unattractive to me.  And probably why he is more attracted to younger, less experienced, less mature , less self-aware women.

Shallow Hal comes to mind......

Shallow Hal turned into a desireable physical male by most women's standards in some important way. The actual problem likely relates to what you don't get. [In all the different meanings! ha ha!] ....

Okay, the "don't get" is about his reality of not getting what he wants, not to insult you as being unable to get the logic of this as I will point out. And that is...

...getting if anyone of any sex is unable to get the chance to be with those they particularly like by instinct of attraction alone when the attractive person being sought out is almost always both the one uninterested in you as person AND the one giving the advice about the loser not respecting them internally. You can't advice someone as not trying harder to think deeper about someone internally when your certain lack of genetically physical interest in them disgusts you and makes you the wiser to speak.

The 'shallow' reality is that the physical attraction for neally all relationships is a paramount pre-condition before any further inquiry about them matters. For some who have lots of variety, they often become the ones who actually pick these 'losers' given it is a nice change of the normal. These are those relationships one selects out of pity and then complains why their conquest takes what happened seriously. If they win once in a hundred tries, the perception of those they admire are enhanced by the success of such a lottery. 

'Wanting' something is not a choice, even if having that something CAN be. So, that movie, as nearly all attempting to relay some morality about sexual attraction, often falsely makes the lesson to the loser to be about mistaking the sincerity of someone internally regardless as a morale, where the actor playing this is superficially or abnormally pretty, handsome, funny or cute.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:11 PM, WeatherSystem said:

---- 

Argus' point was that men seek (young) women who can bear children.

My point was that, by Argus' logic, men would seek (older) women who have already borne children.

====

WeatherSystem,

I reckon that we each (women/men/humans) desire to eat and procreate: these desires are given.

How each one of us goes about these desires is complex.   

On 2/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, eyeball said:

No I'm pretty sure I got it.

Above the waist - eyeball, do you mean stomach or brain? (Or, to quote ABBA - "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine... ")

They used to say that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

In the distant past, in other species, Gawd knows whether females/males are/were better at finding/providing food.

Yeah, 19 year olds are the hottest, as in they’ll incinerate my assets PDQ. The only thing in my pants that could interest any young woman these days is my wallet. Men are designed not to be realistic about these things which makes them so easy to fleece.

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On January 8, 2019 at 8:01 AM, Argus said:

Much insults have been heaped upon this writer for saying he wasn't interested in women who are 50 and older (he is 50), but he echoes a theme we've seen elsewhere. One online dating site said last year that while women considered  the 'perfect age' for men was generally a few years older than them, men thought the perfect age for women was 19. And that never changed, despite how old the men got. 

In defense of men, I think that, like women, they are simply responding to instincts. Men are hard-coded to want to mate with women of child-bearing age. And that instinct does not care how reasonable or realistic that is. Women, on the other hand, are instinctively drawn to strong, powerful, aggressive men - by instinct. Those are the men who, for a million years, would be seen as the best providers and defenders of them and their children. And it doesn't matter that this is not actually true these days, where the scrawny computer engineer can earn five times the salary of the big strong labourer, and a civilized society makes violence unlikely.  It's all instinct.

I'm not sure if it's Jonathan Haidt, or some other psychologist who has pointed out that most of our decisions are made on instinct, and then we use our intellect to rationalize what our instincts and emotions are telling us to do. But I think, by and large, that's the case with those we find sexually attractive.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46788256

I think this analysis might not have accounted for elements of lust/intimacy which should not be excluded IMHO for example, how it is all about eye-candy to brainwashed male minds for the most part. Yes and that's thanks to the ultimate brainwasher; USA Television.

It is the single-most, influential, mechanism affecting the human psyche. Therefore that same young, hot, perky, 19/20yr-old bombshell shown to tv audiences since 1925 has in fact brainwashed most all men into viewing that as the perfect age for women. Which means it is likely not men's "instincts" nor a desire to mate with women of child-bearing age.

That child-bearing age range, is 18-47 for most women, so that child-bearing years range is too broad IMHO to be reasonable for considering. Including the fact that today, adults are decreasing their desires and efforts to procreate. Billions of people complain now, that they'd hate to bring a child into the increased-evils our world has normalized since 2007-'09.

Edited by Tdot

On 2/28/2020 at 12:50 AM, SpankyMcFarland said:

Men are designed not to be realistic about these things which makes them so easy to fleece.

My favourite thing is when I get one of the bogus friend request from nameless hotties... I join to see the faces of the delusional middle aged dudes who want to be friends with her :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

My favourite thing is when I get one of the bogus friend request from nameless hotties... I join to see the faces of the delusional middle aged dudes who want to be friends with her :lol:

Haha. I recently started playing Scrabble Go; I'm quite popular, and its been a real eye-opener the range of attractive men in positions of power and wealth who play Scrabble, have been widowed and want to be friends with me.  I'm always sad when they resign the game and disappear shortly after I mention my kids, grandkids, dogs and husband.  Maybe it's the dogs standing in the way of our friendship?? :lol:

4 hours ago, Tdot said:

I think this analysis might not have accounted for elements of lust/intimacy which should not be excluded IMHO for example, how it is all about eye-candy to brainwashed male minds for the most part. Yes and that's thanks to the ultimate brainwasher; USA Television.

It is the single-most, influential, mechanism affecting the human psyche. Therefore that same young, hot, perky, 19/20yr-old bombshell shown to tv audiences since 1925 has in fact brainwashed most all men into viewing that as the perfect age for women. Which means it is likely not men's "instincts" nor a desire to mate with women of child-bearing age.

That child-bearing age range, is 18-47 for most women, so that child-bearing years range is too broad IMHO to be reasonable for considering. Including the fact that today, adults are decreasing their desires and efforts to procreate. Billions of people complain now, that they'd hate to bring a child into the increased-evils our world has normalized since 2007-'09.

Just wondering, have you been, you know, with an actual lady?

3 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

Just wondering, have you been, you know, with an actual lady?

Yes, and it was abbbbout nine months before you were born ROFL we were behind your grandparent's old barn.

Edited by Tdot

9 hours ago, dialamah said:

Haha. I recently started playing Scrabble Go; I'm quite popular, and its been a real eye-opener the range of attractive men in positions of power and wealth who play Scrabble, have been widowed and want to be friends with me.  I'm always sad when they resign the game and disappear shortly after I mention my kids, grandkids, dogs and husband.  Maybe it's the dogs standing in the way of our friendship?? :lol:

Dogs? Is it a pitbull? 

Edited by Rue

16 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Given the power of big data, such missives will become a lot more targeted, e.g  women at the lower end of my realistic age range, maybe twenty years younger, who apparently have interests that mirror mine friending me on Facebook etc. As my late wife used to constantly remind me, "men are so stupid", and I certainly am in these matters. 

Edited by SpankyMcFarland
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I think it depends on a certain couple. For example, famous ex-football player Fabregas is dating 46 years old women, while he is only 33 years. You should pick just a nice person,thats all. Nowadays girls are mad, my neighbour (24 y) is married on a girl (22y old) and he spotted this website  https://topspyingapps.com/read-husbands-messages-without-touching-his-phone/ in her browser history. 
So this is just a waste of time for him, he got a nice job, high salary and he is clever enough to make his life good without girls, but sometimes we want someone in our life. 
But I am out of relationships for more than 3 years, and I can`t say that I even shooked on this.. But, one thing I remember for all my life - I will have no any relationships with girls which are under 20 years old

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do yourself a favour and never get a girlfriend. Have girl friends, and not a girlfriend. Girls start getting nitpicky, when they're in a relationship. Eventually you'll be putting alot of effort into a relationship, that isn't reciplicated. You'll end up fighting, because you feel like the girl isn't doing enough.

Having more than one female friend, works out for the long term. If one girl goes cold for a while, call up the backup. Then go back to the first girl, when she starts missing you.

• Like 1