America must return Alaska to Russia.

As known...
The agreement between the Russian Empire and the territory "American States" from several territories suggested:
- "Russia transfers the territory of" Alaska "for" American states "for 100 years ..." The agreement says "transfers", but not "sells" !!!!!!!!!!!

- The term of the contract expired in the 70s of the 20th century and American lawyers argued that there is no “Russian Empire” ...

================================
Americans, return Alaska kindly ...

Иначе, мы вас заставим это сделать.

:)

Edited by Selivan

On 12/28/2018 at 2:16 PM, Selivan said:

As known...
The agreement between the Russian Empire and the territory "American States" from several territories suggested:
- "Russia transfers the territory of" Alaska "for" American states "for 100 years ..." The agreement says "transfers", but not "sells" !!!!!!!!!!!

- The term of the contract expired in the 70s of the 20th century and American lawyers argued that there is no “Russian Empire” ...

================================
Americans, return Alaska kindly ...

Иначе, мы вас заставим это сделать.

:)

You cant have Alaska but you can have Sarah Palin...

• Haha 1

Selivan: Like that's going to happen. I've never heard of the notion that the sale was supposed to be temporary (i.e. for one hundred years), which if true would have rendered it a lease, as Britain once had on Hong Kong, rather than a "purchase" as it's been characterized for generations. Perhaps's you're relying on "fake news" as your source? In contemporary terms, indigenous Alaskans would no doubt cast Russia's role in Alaska prior to 1867 as amounting to a colonial occupation. But, hey, if the Russians feel they got a bad deal, perhaps they should file a land claim and seek better compensation. Oh, that's right, it's the U.S. and not Canada. We'd roll over with ease. Thank goodness the Americans own Alaska.

Edited by turningrite

The Russian Federation is the recognized "legal heir" to the U.S.S.R. You do not make a treaty with a government but with a "people" (or a nation, per se). Even if the sale of Alaska was approved by the tsar, and there are no more of his kind, the Russian Federation is still bound to honor treaties signed by previous Russian governments. Even the empire.

• 5 weeks later...

I know this is a tongue-in-cheek-thread but on a serious note Russia allowed the Baltic States to restore their independence but did not return Karelia to Finland. They should have. 

Similarly, the reasons dont exist any longer why the act of Union between England and Scotland was signed in 1707. Scotland should secede. 

4 hours ago, -TSS- said:

I know this is a tongue-in-cheek-thread but on a serious note Russia allowed the Baltic States to restore their independence but did not return Karelia to Finland. They should have. 

Similarly, the reasons dont exist any longer why the act of Union between England and Scotland was signed in 1707. Scotland should secede. 

Pretty sure you'd have to take access to the White Sea by force, since the Russians are using it as a strategic bastion.

The Act of Union is pointless, Scotland should secede.  Canadian Confederation doesn't serve any of its stated purposes and never did, Ontario should secede as well.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, Dougie93 said:

Pretty sure you'd have to take access to the White Sea by force, since the Russians are using it as a strategic bastion.

The Act of Union is pointless, Scotland should secede.  Canadian Confederation doesn't serve any of its stated purposes and never did, Ontario should secede as well.

Only if it takes Quebec and the aboriginals with it!  THEN, we would have the perfect country.

16 minutes ago, cannuck said:

Only if it takes Quebec and the aboriginals with it!  THEN, we would have the perfect country.

I would just give the Indians land, but without the Indian Act.  The Indian Act is the problem.   The Indian Act is what makes the Indian ghettos.

Free people living on their land and selling me tobacco or whatever, I got no beef, God save the Queen and her Mohawk warriors, I have no quarrel with the Iroquois.

I have no quarrel with Quebec neither, the problem is simply trying to bribe them into not declaring independence, that is the corruption at the root of almost all corruption in Canada.

There is corruption everywhere,  but the level in Canada is not normal for a rule of law jurisdiction, it's a de facto mafia state, and the reason is the Big Lie needed to prop up zombie Confederation.

6 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I would just give the Indians land, but without the Indian Act.  The Indian Act is the problem.   The Indian Act is what makes the Indian ghettos.

Free people living on their land and selling me tobacco or whatever, I got no beef, God save the Queen and her Mohawk warriors, I have no quarrel with the Iroquois.

I have no quarrel with Quebec neither, the problem is simply trying to bribe them into not declaring independence, that is the corruption at the root of almost all corruption in Canada.

There is corruption everywhere,  but the level in Canada is not normal for a rule of law jurisdiction, it's a de facto mafia state, and the reason is the Big Lie needed to prop up zombie Confederation.

You got part of that dead right:  the problem with Quebec and the Natives is that those of us who actually have to work and create wealth are forced by confederation to shell out billions a week to satiate the politically correct who reside for the most part in Ontario.  Quebec already sees itself as a sovereign state - as now do the "First Nations", again from the idiocy of the body politic mostly of ON - so let the frigging lot of them sail down the St. Lawrence together and leave the rest of us to our own devices.  I suspect Northern Ontario would vote to split off and stay with the ROC.

Edited by cannuck

It goes beyond that tho, because Canadians accept the status quo, it results in an asymmetrical dictatorship, effective one party rule, no matter who you vote for, all roads lead back to the Liberal Party of Canada. 

Confederation has been the Liberal Party of Canada generational project since about Laurier, and they cannot stop themselves, to the Liberals, Confederation is a religion, so we are effectively ruled by religious clerics, like something out of Tehran, except the Mullahs here are at the CBC Broadcast Center, 250 Front Street West, Toronto, Ontario.

This is why it is unstable.   You can feel the instability all around you.  What you feel is dictatorship, this is what dictatorship feels like.

Edited by Dougie93

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Transfer means to move something from one place to another.  A conveyance of a Right or Title.  With the transaction of funds it was a sale.  It was sold. It's a No Brainer.  Quit trying to Spin things.  Typical Democrat Lefty and silly.  This is not Rocket Science.