Jump to content

The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration


Iznogoud

Recommended Posts

Just now, QuebecOverCanada said:

Same with ridiculousness, some people swim in it and really do stink because of it but don't realize.

A man on a subway train watched as a father  with 2 children boarded the train. The man watched as the children screamed and yelled. They were bothering passengers ,bumping into people and being very annoying, The father didn’t say a word to the children .The man was getting more and more upset at the father and finally had to say something. 

He said to the father your  children are disrupting  the the people here and you’re not saying a thing, what is the matter with you.

 

The  man replied ..I’m sorry. They are young and acting out. We just came from the hospital and their mother just died.

 

Lesson.,..,an opinion formed without knowing all the facts is called an uninformed opinion, 

 

i don’t have any birther conspiracies about  trump. Every opinion I have of him is evidence based. Chances are you have no knowkdge of trump outside of when he lies to you,

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SMitchell said:

Now that the news about ladders has broken, do you expect that gated communities will become a thing of the past?

Easy test.. let it be known if you climb over a gate you can get a job..guess what? I’ll let you think on that. 

Edited by Jimwd
Spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Easy test.. let it be known if you climb over a gate you can get a job..guess what? I’ll let you think on that. 

Yes, but it's a more formidable wall than what's around a gated continuity because what's on the other side would be a bigger prize.

I'm not even sure that I get your point.  What I think I hear you saying is that a more significant reward, such as life in America would be more incentive than a reward of getting inside a gated community to allow someone to break in and steal cars or rob rich people.  I'm not sure if I'm even close to what your point was but I will proceed as if that's it.

So like I said earlier, the size of the wall correlates to the incentive of getting over it.

The UK's Metro news - not a right leaning publication - indicates that it would be difficult to scale:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/height-trumps-mexico-border-wall-make-near-impossible-scale-tests-confirm-7243438/

So I would be happy to adjust my previous analogy:   walls OF AN APPROPRIATE SIZE work, just like the walls around thousands of gated communities in the country work.

Anyone who says that a wall like the one shown in the attached picture is no more of a deterrent than no wall at all is not being reasonable.
 

pri_56347178.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, SMitchell said:

Yes, but it's a more formidable wall than what's around a gated continuity because what's on the other side would be a bigger prize.

I'm not even sure that I get your point.  What I think I hear you saying is that a more significant reward, such as life in America would be more incentive than a reward of getting inside a gated community to allow someone to break in and steal cars or rob rich people.  I'm not sure if I'm even close to what your point was but I will proceed as if that's it.

So like I said earlier, the size of the wall correlates to the incentive of getting over it.

The UK's Metro news - not a right leaning publication - indicates that it would be difficult to scale:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/01/19/height-trumps-mexico-border-wall-make-near-impossible-scale-tests-confirm-7243438/

So I would be happy to adjust my previous analogy:   walls OF AN APPROPRIATE SIZE work, just like the walls around thousands of gated communities in the country work.

Anyone who says that a wall like the one shown in the attached picture is no more of a deterrent than no wall at all is not being reasonable.
 

pri_56347178.jpg

You don’t get it because you don’t understand economics 101 supply and demand. As long as Americans have a demand for cheap labor and are willing to break their own laws by giving undocumented workers jobs, they will come. No wall will stop it. Ladders ,tunnels..you name it.

 

The very same reason drugs make it in to prisons .

Demand. 

 

Its not complicated 

 

DEMAND 

 

want to stop it..simple ..no jobs = no illegals 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

want to stop it..simple ..no jobs = no illegals 

That is actually a sensible sounding suggestion. This same idea is being promoted by former US Congressman Ron Paul.

Saw it on Fox News Sunday this morning. Probably the only news show on the air atm that is not blatantly biased.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

That is actually a sensible sounding suggestion. This same idea is being promoted by former US Congressman Ron Paul.

Saw it on Fox News Sunday this morning. Probably the only news show on the air atm that is not blatantly biased.

Why do you think we don’t have the same problem in Canada ? You under the illusion they didn’t come here? They did and left when they couldn’t get work.

 

in Canada you hire an undocumented worker you pay a 50 thousand dollar fine and up to 2  years in jail for each instance,

 

Send Americans to jail...you don’t need a wall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Send Americans to jail...you don’t need a wall.

I think they need to do both things, build wall and enforce their laws. But the idea Paul is floating is not being talked about much by others, from what I can tell. Perhaps there isn't much interest in shutting down the undocumented-migrant-cheap-labour industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I think they need to do both things, build wall and enforce their laws. But the idea Paul is floating is not being talked about much by others, from what I can tell. Perhaps there isn't much interest in shutting down the undocumented-migrant-cheap-labour industry.

The wall is a symbol of shame  but I agree with the rest  of what you said, anerican greed created the problem. This isn’t the fault of people looking for a better life, it’s like holding out a candy to a kid ,then when he takes it you kick him in the face,

 

Shame  on America 

Edited by Jimwd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

I think they need to do both things, build wall and enforce their laws. But the idea Paul is floating is not being talked about much by others, from what I can tell. Perhaps there isn't much interest in shutting down the undocumented-migrant-cheap-labour industry.

 

Agreed....about 8,000,000 illegals make up about 5% of the U.S. workforce based on Pew research/data.   Several business sectors would be decimated because illegals are so over-represented in those industries (farming, construction, hospitality, etc.).    These states rely the most on illegal labour: California, Texas, Florida, New York, New Jersey and Illinois

The political will to deal with this issue simply does not exist, and Trump is only the latest president to make noise about it.    So it gets labeled "immigration reform" and other Band-Aid® measures like DACA get implemented by Executive Order (Obama), because Congress will not / cannot engage this issue without severe political damage back home.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/11/28/5-facts-about-illegal-immigration-in-the-u-s/

Edited by bush_cheney2004
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

The wall is a symbol of shame  but I agree with the rest  of what you said, anerican greed created the problem. This isn’t the fault of people looking for a better life, it’s like holding out a candy to a kid ,then when he takes it you kick him in the face,

Don't forget that despite the greed, it benefited those who came to America to work, make money, and send it back home. Because back home is where the real shithole country is. In Mexico you cannot be so easily exploited for monetary gain, even if you wanted to. Hence they migrate.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

I see. With the exception of Texas, aren't those mostly democrat states?

 

Yes, but they are also some of the most populous states, so more employment for illegals would follow.

About ten years ago, we wanted to install a new roof, and we specifically asked the contractors about bonding, health insurance, and immigration status for workers.   They just laughed at us, saying that we would not be getting a new roof from anybody that did not employ illegals.   So, it was good chance to practice my broken Español.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

Don't forget that despite the greed, it benefited those who came to America to work, make money, and send it back home. Because back home is where the real shithole country is. In Mexico you cannot be so easily exploited for monetary gain, even if you wanted to. Hence they migrate.
 

I think you better look up the word shithole , You lead the world in killing your kids in schools. The very definition of a shithole,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jimwd said:

No wall will stop it.

Which politician is saying that a wall alone would stop it?

I have not heard Trump say this.

I HAVE heard him say that comprehensive immigration reform (complete with mandatory use of E-Verify which is in his 2019 budget) is not complete without a wall.

I am not disputing your point at all that stiffer penalties for hiring illegals would help however I find it amusing, but typical of today's left, when US Customs and Border Protection along with military special forces say that the wall prototypes are damn near impossible to breach but you say that just a ladder is needed.  The curiosity is killing me - what information have you guys on the left seen that the US military special forces have not seen?  You should call them.

NPR is not a right-leaning entity.  Many would consider it a bastion of left wing thought.  Check out the NPR article below.  The 95% reduction in illegal alien apprehensions it cites is a far cry from what you and the rest of the left are now claiming.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928

"Highly effective."  I guess no one told him that "shameful" was the correct description to use.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BubberMiley said:

You don't worry that overgeneralizing might hurt your argument?

That is a fair and constructive criticism.

I did pull the "95%" from the article I quoted, and that article was talking about one specific section of barrier so yes it certainly opens the door for someone to pull the conversation off track.  I felt that it was worth the risk though, to point out the vast difference between the real world (very high effectiveness of physical borders) with what is being pedaled today in the media (physical borders are 0% effective - you just need a ladder).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/10/2019 at 8:38 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

 

Far more Americans voted for Hillary Clinton too...so what?   Both sides know the rules of the game....and it is seats in Congress (House/Senate) that count.

The rules are only good if those participating abide by the rules.  And we know that's not the case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SMitchell said:

Which politician is saying that a wall alone would stop it?

I have not heard Trump say this.

I HAVE heard him say that comprehensive immigration reform (complete with mandatory use of E-Verify which is in his 2019 budget) is not complete without a wall.

I am not disputing your point at all that stiffer penalties for hiring illegals would help however I find it amusing, but typical of today's left, when US Customs and Border Protection along with military special forces say that the wall prototypes are damn near impossible to breach but you say that just a ladder is needed.  The curiosity is killing me - what information have you guys on the left seen that the US military special forces have not seen?  You should call them.

NPR is not a right-leaning entity.  Many would consider it a bastion of left wing thought.  Check out the NPR article below.  The 95% reduction in illegal alien apprehensions it cites is a far cry from what you and the rest of the left are now claiming.

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5323928

"Highly effective."  I guess no one told him that "shameful" was the correct description to use.

 

 

Take the guards away from prisons and see how many convicts are still in prison after a few days, walls don’t work . Ever travelled the whole route of the Berlin Wall.?

this is what their “wall” consisted of,

1. Steel beams on an angle to prevent ramming through with a vehicle

2. Electric fence with barbed wire

3, 30 meters of mines 

4. Dog run

5. Patrol road 

6. Guard tower every few hundred metres....that’s what seperated the east from the west

 

tell me about your wall again.,

 

i liked the news report where border patrol showed trump a tunnel. 

 

Supply and demand,,lkeep hiring them ,they’ll keep coming 

Edited by Jimwd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Two more nails in the Trump coffin.  The most recent is the revelation that the FBI suspected Trump of collusion with the Russians months ago and that his buddies at FOX seemed to have turned on him.  https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-legal-analyst-says-trump-campaign-appears-to-have-colluded-with-russia-video/

The second is the growing unrest in the US cause by the Trump shutdown.  The most recent polls have shown that most Americans believe Trump is responsible for the shutdown by a ratio of almost 2 to 1.  Due to the shutdown major airports are beginning to close down large sections of their concourses, while farmers and many other US businesses cannot get federal inspectors to approve their products resulting in lost revenue.  As time goes on the situation is only going to get worse as the effects of the shutdown continue to spread.  There are already widespread protests across the US and there are clear indications that many members of the GOP are getting cold feet. 

Trump is his own worst enemy, but he is too egotistical and stupid to realize it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...