The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

On 4/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Very proud of it....the world watched political history being made...they don't watch Canadian politics (too boring and irrelevant).

Yes. Trump in the first president in history to be the laughing stock of the entire world. The first president in history to publicly be exposed as a serial sexual assaulter. The first president in history a Courtesan has exposed as "the worst lay she ever had" with a tiny, deformed penis. So much to be proud of. So much to delete from the official record. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Realitycheck said:

Yes. Trump in the first president in history to be the laughing stock of the entire world. The first president in history to publicly be exposed as a serial sexual assaulter. The first president in history a Courtesan has exposed as "the worst lay she ever had" with a tiny, deformed penis. So much to be proud of. So much to delete from the official record. :lol:

Bill Clinton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

Bill Clinton.

Nope. None of the women complained about his performance or the diminutive size of his genitalia. Nor was he the butt of satirical balloons and parades world over. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-carnival/giant-trump-putin-caricatures-to-parade-at-nice-carnival-idUSKCN1PU1XJhttps://www.apnews.com/98edc27c6d34408a9daeca99576500d4. Trump will never be surpassed in dumbassery.:lol:

In reality, the Trump presidency is stronger than ever.  His presidency is not dying.  He has generally been effective in moving his agenda ahead.  The Mueller Report proves 

Trump did not fall for Russian attempts to influence the United States,
But the entire Intelligence Community of the United States did.

~ Carlus Magnus
22 April 2019

I would add to my above quote, that the US Intel community is not alone, they have company with people in the US and around the world that were duped by Russia into thinking Trump was influenced by Russia.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

As are many U.S. presidents.   Donald Trump is just another American president, and there will be more after he is gone.

Like empires, if you've seen one you've seen them all and there'll be another before long.

Trump is doing an awesome job down south.

-the economy is still raging,

-there aren't race riots all across the country like there were in 2015 and the first part of 2016,

-the US hasn't gotten involved in any new wars,

-major islamic terrorist attacks are happening less frequently down there (and more frequently under Trudeau than they were under Harper - it seems as though islamic terrorists attack more frequently when the gov't is tolerant of terrorism),

-islamic state isn't the size of an average country anymore,

-the government isn't spying on the opposition in the States now, or weaponizing the IRS, and

-the American government is putting Americans first, unlike in Canada where the government seems to have unlimited resources for foreigners, and they also give foreigners more access inside our country than our own domestic goods get.

10/10!

Trump's detractors are sifting through the garbage for rumors about him, that's all they've got. It's a sad day for the Dems, but they have it coming to them. They're just a pathetic bunch of losers with a long track record of being on the wrong side of hostory.

• Thanks 2

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:23 PM, eyeball said:

That said his presidency is still a symptom.

I agree.

There is an international push back against globalization at the core of all of it.  Globalization has sacrificed the working class of the Western World, and concentrated wealth in the hands of Neo-Liberal Mercantilists.   This is push back from the working class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Trump is doing an awesome job down south.

-the economy is still raging,

-there aren't race riots all across the country like there were in 2015 and the first part of 2016,

-the US hasn't gotten involved in any new wars,

-major islamic terrorist attacks are happening less frequently down there (and more frequently under Trudeau than they were under Harper - it seems as though islamic terrorists attack more frequently when the gov't is tolerant of terrorism),

-islamic state isn't the size of an average country anymore,

-the government isn't spying on the opposition in the States now, or weaponizing the IRS, and

-the American government is putting Americans first, unlike in Canada where the government seems to have unlimited resources for foreigners, and they also give foreigners more access inside our country than our own domestic goods get.

10/10!

Trump's detractors are sifting through the garbage for rumors about him, that's all they've got. It's a sad day for the Dems, but they have it coming to them. They're just a pathetic bunch of losers with a long track record of being on the wrong side of hostory.

Agreed.

The first American POTUS with no government experience, he broke the glass ceiling, and it scares the shit out of Washington DC.   Trump has opened the door for a wide diversity of people to run for POTUS who just a few years ago would not have had a chance because they were not career politicians. He's shown that an outsider can be very effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlus Magnus said:

The first American POTUS with no government experience, he broke the glass ceiling, and it scares the shit out of Washington DC.   Trump has opened the door for a wide diversity of people to run for POTUS who just a few years ago would not have had a chance because they were not career politicians. 

TBH it scares me too. 

There was a lot of talk about Oprah running, and I can't imagine how much of a leftist gong the US would be if Oprah or some Hollywood moron like Alyssa Milano turned their popularity into votes.

Oprah is wildly popular, but at her core she's a racist of the same stripe as Obama. Everything to them is about black and white. They can't just handle policy and leave race out of anything.

2 hours ago, Carlus Magnus said:

I agree.

There is an international push back against globalization at the core of all of it. 

There's lots of pushing and shoving going on alright but most of it is entirely missing the mark because it's directed at a hallucination.

Globalization has sacrificed the working class of the Western World, and concentrated wealth in the hands of Neo-Liberal Mercantilists.   This is push back from the working class.

Whatever else it is, you're mostly describing conservative leaning rust belt type bozo's who are finally registering some of the things more enlightened progressive members of the working class warned about decades ago - tribalization, polarization, nationalism, racism, supremacism.  As I recall, virtually every conservative, poor and rich alike, had little more than lol's and references to Pol Pot and Stalin when any lefty begged to differ over the direction globalization was leading us.   

I bet most working class conservatives imagine globalization is a progressive left-lib idea being implemented by the virtue-signalling Deepstate apparatchik of the media-party.  Hands up, every working class conservative who thinks worrying about how much globalization will accelerate climate change is an even bigger load of hooey.

Edited by eyeball

23 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

TBH it scares me too. 

There was a lot of talk about Oprah running, and I can't imagine how much of a leftist gong the US would be if Oprah or some Hollywood moron like Alyssa Milano turned their popularity into votes.

Oprah is wildly popular, but at her core she's a racist of the same stripe as Obama. Everything to them is about black and white. They can't just handle policy and leave race out of anything.

Doesn't scare me.  I embrace it.

In America they always say anyone can be POTUS.  Until Trump, only seasoned politicians could be POTUS.  Only a small minority of population are seasoned politicians.  Generally we agree in Western culture that politicians are corrupt, why would we always go to them for leadership ?

23 hours ago, eyeball said:

There's lots of pushing and shoving going on alright but most of it is entirely missing the mark because it's directed at a hallucination.

Whatever else it is, you're mostly describing conservative leaning rust belt type bozo's who are finally registering some of the things more enlightened progressive members of the working class warned about decades ago - tribalization, polarization, nationalism, racism, supremacism.  As I recall, virtually every conservative, poor and rich alike, had little more than lol's and references to Pol Pot and Stalin when any lefty begged to differ over the direction globalization was leading us.   

I bet most working class conservatives imagine globalization is a progressive left-lib idea being implemented by the virtue-signalling Deepstate apparatchik of the media-party.  Hands up, every working class conservative who thinks worrying about how much globalization will accelerate climate change is an even bigger load of hooey.

Globalization is real.  Real wages of working class is way down, all across the Western world.  It's not just the American rust belt, it's the Yellow Vest protesters in France, it's Brexit voters.  

55 minutes ago, Carlus Magnus said:

Globalization is real.  Real wages of working class is way down, all across the Western world.  It's not just the American rust belt, it's the Yellow Vest protesters in France, it's Brexit voters.  

Sure it's real. But like countries that wish to divorce themselves from the unions they form, backpeddling from globalization will likely only make things worse.

As with climate change, taking action on globalization now will only destroy the economy. Adapt or die, but never forget that people were warned, repeatedly. Personally, I can't think of anything that doesn't deserve a heartier lol, especially in light of who's doing most of the whining these days.

4 hours ago, Carlus Magnus said:

Doesn't scare me.  I embrace it.

In America they always say anyone can be POTUS.  Until Trump, only seasoned politicians could be POTUS.  Only a small minority of population are seasoned politicians.  Generally we agree in Western culture that politicians are corrupt, why would we always go to them for leadership ?

I agree to a certain extent.

Trump knows how to get things done in Washington now but there was a ton of resistance from the GOP when he first got there. Not many people will have the endurance and tenacity that Trump has to get his way.

The "political newcomer thing" sets people up to be chosen to run in/win elections just to become puppets/figureheads for the entrenched regime. It's almost a large step back in a way. 

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, WestCanMan said:

I agree to a certain extent.

Trump knows how to get things done in Washington now but there was a ton of resistance from the GOP when he first got there. Not many people will have the endurance and tenacity that Trump has to get his way.

The "political newcomer thing" sets people up to be chosen to run in/win elections just to become puppets/figureheads for the entrenched regime. It's almost a large step back in a way. 

Many Americans have joked for years that new Presidents are brought into a room day one, and played secret films of the JFK assassination. Because so many of them seem to become the Washington swamp and don't do what they ran on.  Trump has done pretty well on his agenda, but there are two pieces he has not been able to accomplish, repeal of Obamacare and border security.  However,  the economy in America is great right now, just what Trump said he would do, and he's done it largely by reducing nonsense regulations that hamper business.  

The corporate press are an extension of the power brokers in Washington DC and Wall Street.  See WMD in Iraq circa 2003.  Well, the corporate media hates Trump and is doing everything they can to get rid of him.  I take this as a good indication he is still his own man.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Carlus Magnus said:

Many Americans have joked for years that new Presidents are brought into a room day one, and played secret films of the JFK assassination. Because so many of them seem to become the Washington swamp and don't do what they ran on.  Trump has done pretty well on his agenda, but there are two pieces he has not been able to accomplish, repeal of Obamacare and border security.  However,  the economy in America is great right now, just what Trump said he would do, and he's done it largely by reducing nonsense regulations that hamper business.  

The corporate press are an extension of the power brokers in Washington DC and Wall Street.  See WMD in Iraq circa 2003.  Well, the corporate media hates Trump and is doing everything they can to get rid of him.  I take this as a good indication he is still his own man.

The left wing media certainly hates Trump lol. WSJournal probably loves him.

Just now, WestCanMan said:

The left wing media certainly hates Trump lol. WSJournal probably loves him.

For the last century at least, keeping the press in good graces has been important to all presidents.  Not Trump, he goes right at them.  Now that coup has failed, he has 3 years of false reporting as ammo to hit them with.

Certainly different times.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:10 PM, WestCanMan said:

Funny how little that seems to matter to the American public. People still watch CNN and MSNBC.

If you watch CNN and MSNBC, you shall know it has nothing to do with number. Workers don't feel any benefitss from the current  economic success because of Trump. :lol:

14 hours ago, egghead said:

If you watch CNN and MSNBC, you shall know it has nothing to do with number. Workers don't feel any benefitss from the current  economic success because of Trump. :lol:

CNN and MSNBC would find some way to turn a positive into a negative, if it's a positive of the Trump administration, must have secretly been Obama's doing the whole time and all the negatives are Trump's fault of course.

Okay, CNN, I believe you, totally unbiased reporting there.
Lulz

Edited by Yzermandius19

18 hours ago, egghead said:

How is that possible?

When employees are hard to come by wages go up, employers get "nicer" because they have to retain the workers they have - they need to take on all the jobs they can when the economy is booming. 

Workers definitely feel the benefits of a good economy.

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

How is that possible?

When employees are hard to come by wages go up, employers get "nicer" because they have to retain the workers they have - they need to take on all the jobs they can when the economy is booming. 

Workers definitely feel the benefits of a good economy.

man, I know, but you should start watching CNN and MSNBC more :lol:;  workers need honor, respect and dignity

mama_hat_make_america_moral_again-r97b65

Edited by egghead