The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I wont, instead I will de-Confederate Canada and allow each province to have its own gun laws.

Not if Canadians have anything to say about it. You could go against your own constitution and use force.  Good luck bearing those costs.  It doesn’t matter because subscribing to “by the people for the people” means Canadians will self-determine just as Americans do.  

17 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Not if Canadians have anything to say about it. You could go against your own constitution and use force.  Good luck bearing those costs.  It doesn’t matter because subscribing to “by the people for the people” means Canadians will self-determine just as Americans do.  

I don't need Canadians, all I need is the Pequistes in Quebec,  they will rise again, it's just a matter of time, they go on a cycle in Quebec and wheel will come round again, came damn close last time, next time will be the trick, once the core is ripped out of the East, it will all come apart at the seams and there will be no putting humpty dumpty back together again.   Mind you, after the nations in Confederation find out that Ottawa was the thing which was the source of their rage and retrograde economy, they wont want to put it back together again.

And frankly, I should be thanking the Trudeaupes, because the thing that will put it over the top next time, the thing they didn't have last time, will be immigration.

The Pequistes will rise again and win, to wall themselves off from the brown hordes and mooslambs at their gates, vive le Quebec, vibe le Quebec libre!

44 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't need Canadians, all I need is the Pequistes in Quebec,  they will rise again, it's just a matter of time, they go on a cycle in Quebec and wheel will come round again, came damn close last time, next time will be the trick, once the core is ripped out of the East, it will all come apart at the seams and there will be no putting humpty dumpty back together again.   Mind you, after the nations in Confederation find out that Ottawa was the thing which was the source of their rage and retrograde economy, they wont want to put it back together again.

Americans already tried with Quebec after the Revolution.  Do you think the US would become bilingual, provide all federal services in French and English, label all products in French and English, allow Quebec to run its own pension plan, let her enjoy the profits of Hydro Quebec, and make the accommodations to Quebec that the government of Canada has made?  Ha ha!  No one believes that for a second. 

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

And frankly, I should be thanking the Trudeaupes, because the thing that will put it over the top next time, the thing they didn't have last time, will be immigration.

The Pequistes will rise again and win, to wall themselves off from the brown hordes and mooslambs at their gates, vive le Quebec, vibe le Quebec libre!

Count me in for Quebec independence.  I figure that if that ever happens, maybe we here in Atlantic Canada can just join the USA.  OMG I'd love it.

11 minutes ago, SMitchell said:

Count me in for Quebec independence.  I figure that if that ever happens, maybe we here in Atlantic Canada can just join the USA.  OMG I'd love it.

In the post industrial information age, there's no reason to join the Americans, the whole you need to be a big country thing is going away, you don't need to join a big country, just be a Singapore of your very own,  what I'm selling is you can have your cake and eat it too, the Dominion of Nova Scotia; just write your own rules, if you want American style rules, nobody can stop you anymore once de-Confederation frees you from Ottawa and the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Americans already tried with Quebec after the Revolution.  Do you think the US would become bilingual, provide all federal services in French and English, label all products in French and English, allow Quebec to run its own pension plan, let her enjoy the profits of Hydro Quebec, and make the accommodations to Quebec that the government of Canada has made?  Ha ha!  No one believes that for a second. 

What are you blabbering on about?   What do the Americans have to do with the Republic of Quebec?

Edited by Dougie93

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

In the post industrial information age, there's no reason to join the Americans, the whole you need to be a big country thing is going away, you don't need to join a big country, just be a Singapore of your very own,  what I'm selling is you can have your cake and eat it too, the Dominion of Nova Scotia; just write your own rules, if you want American style rules, nobody can stop you anymore once de-Confederation frees you from Ottawa and the rest of us.

Not in vast territories with spread out populations which require infrastructure that only a federal government can afford in unprofitable areas: postal and rail service, Human Resources, policing, etc.

10 hours ago, SMitchell said:

Are you really Canadian?  I guess you don’t enjoy those transfer payments to your province.  You think that the wealthier states will transfer money to you?  Ask Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi...The US doesn’t have equalization.  What about unemployment insurance for seasonal workers?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Are you really Canadian?  I guess you don’t enjoy those transfer payments to your province.  You think that the wealthier states will transfer money to you?  Ask Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi...The US doesn’t have equalization.  What about unemployment insurance for seasonal workers?  

You are so right!  I don't enjoy transfer payments.  Survival of the fittest, that's my motto.  If a province can't survive on it's own, that's it's problem.  The same goes for animals (that's how evolution works) and in some cases people.

No, I would not expect the wealthier states to transfer money to my state.  That would be silly.

What about unemployment for seasonal workers?  If they don't have that in the US, that sounds like a great place for me.  If I can't survive on my own, my demise will make the species stronger.

17 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

I see you have given up on anything approaching an intelligent response.  Chuckie?  I didn't think a horror show puppet could vote.

Meanwhile add farmers to the many groups hurt by Trump's policies.  Some of them actually voted for him.  Sad.

Government shutdown looms over farmers as they face tough decisions

https://www.jsonline.com/story/money/2019/01/04/government-shutdown-makes-already-rough-farm-markets-even-rougher/2475446002/

Iznogoud I think that if you go look through all our back and forth you'll see which one of us is ceasing to try to defend their untenable arguments and dodging questions/topics altogether. If I'm being short with my answers it's because your posts just contain worthless drivel that is not worth commenting on and you know it. You're just chucking the same shit as the Dems are, hoping that eventually something will come along to justify it all. When it doesn't, you'll just move on to the next baseless accusation that they make without ever acknowledging how wrong you were for TWO YEARS! We all know that Dems are now digging through some more muck just hoping to find evidence of a crime. THAT'S NO HOW CRIMINAL JUSTICE IS SUPPOSED TO WORK. Find a crime, look for a criminal - that's how it goes. Not investigate an individual and libel their character for years and then if you don't find an actual crime just say "we just don't have quite enough evidence to get a conviction yet".

Honestly, how disgusting is it that they've been accusing Trump of collusion for two years now and yet there's still not even evidence of a crime? There's not yet, is there iznogoud? Zero evidence and a two year long investigation along with publicly slandering the "defendant"? "Suspect"? You can't even call him either because not one crime has been identified. If you want to be 100% accurate he's just the subject of a politically-motivated investigation by investigators who are looking shadier every day.

Re the shutdown: - Well I guess that Nancy Pelosi just needs to admit that walls aren't racist and up the budget by .1% then. 

Honestly you're taking the side of people who say "border security isn't racist until you use the word wall instead of fence" and you're commenting on how intelligent my responses are? If you did a lot more unbiased thinking and said a lot less words we'd agree on everything.

27 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

Honestly, how disgusting is it that they've been accusing Trump of collusion for two years now and yet there's still not even evidence of a crime? There's not yet, is there iznogoud? Zero evidence and a two year long investigation along with publicly slandering the "defendant"? "Suspect"? You can't even call him either because not one crime has been identified. If you want to be 100% accurate he's just the subject of a politically-motivated investigation by investigators who are looking shadier every day.

The investigation was started, by Republicans, because Trump fired the head of the FBI and admitted in an interview that he did it because Comey was investigating his Russia connections. 

If it's political, it's because Republicans don't like Trump either. 

Also, what statue says that an investigation has to reveal the evidence before it's completed? 

Re the shutdown: - Well I guess that Nancy Pelosi just needs to admit that walls aren't racist and up the budget by .1% then. 

Honestly you're taking the side of people who say "border security isn't racist until you use the word wall instead of fence" and you're commenting on how intelligent my responses are? If you did a lot more unbiased thinking and said a lot less words we'd agree on everything.

Why isn't Mexico paying for that .1%? 

Also Trump could have received this increase in funding (x5) if he agreed to DACA protection a year ago. 

3 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

Iznogoud I think that if you go look through all our back and forth you'll see which one of us is ceasing to try to defend their untenable arguments and dodging questions/topics altogether. If I'm being short with my answers it's because your posts just contain worthless drivel that is not worth commenting on and you know it. You're just chucking the same shit as the Dems are, hoping that eventually something will come along to justify it all. When it doesn't, you'll just move on to the next baseless accusation that they make without ever acknowledging how wrong you were for TWO YEARS! We all know that Dems are now digging through some more muck just hoping to find evidence of a crime. THAT'S NO HOW CRIMINAL JUSTICE IS SUPPOSED TO WORK. Find a crime, look for a criminal - that's how it goes. Not investigate an individual and libel their character for years and then if you don't find an actual crime just say "we just don't have quite enough evidence to get a conviction yet".

The bias seems entirely on your side.  Quite frankly I would be quite happy if Trump started behaving like a real president instead of a giant crybaby, but I don't think that is going to happen.  It should be quite clear by now that the job of president is quite beyond him.  As for collusion, there appears to be plenty - at least by many of his close associates.  However, it is difficult to take down someone that is beyond the law without massive amounts of evidence.  I think you are going to be quite dismayed at the evidence against Trump that is going to come out in the next year or so, provided you can stop being a Trump fanboy long enough to actually accept it. 

Just for your edification the following article makes a list of Trump's various crimes and misdemeanors as well as his ugly policy decisions.  I don't expect you to believe it, as you appear to be beyond understanding where Trump is concerned, but if you bother to read it you will see where he is going to be investigated. 

Trump’s Alleged Crimes Are Just the Tip of His Legacy

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-alleged-crimes-771181/

As for Russia, Trump appears to be up to his eyebrows in Russian contacts. 

A Brief History of Michael Cohen’s Criminal Ties

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/a-brief-history-of-michael-cohens-criminal-ties-628875/

1 hour ago, Iznogoud said:

I think you are going to be quite dismayed at the evidence against Trump that is going to come out in the next year or so, provided you can stop being a Trump fanboy long enough to actually accept it. 

Yep, any day now. Real soon, real soon.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Seems like plenty of Canadian wanting to join beds with america like you have done buying property here... about time you consider becoming American.

1 minute ago, paxamericana said:

Seems like plenty of Canadian wanting to join beds with america like you have done buying property here... about time you consider becoming American.

You’d have to lay out a compelling arrangement that retains Canada in some form.  I can only think of a union of some kind.  It’s complex and would require some careful thought to work for everyone. 

21 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Free speech is critically important to both Canadians and Americans, but don’t ever bring your insane 2nd Amendment to Canada.  It’s destroying America. 

Let me explain, the 2nd amendment is not the third or fourth amendment for a reason. Its not about deer hunting or ghost guns. Its about the protection from tyranny. It is no accident the 2nd amendment comes second to free speech. The founders felt that the protection from tyrrany was important enough to enshrine it in the constitution as the very first and second founding principle. They were meant to complement each other.  Barking without fangs is meaningless

Edited by paxamericana
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Boges said:

The investigation was started, by Republicans, because Trump fired the head of the FBI and admitted in an interview that he did it because Comey was investigating his Russia connections. 

If it's political, it's because Republicans don't like Trump either. 

Also, what statue says that an investigation has to reveal the evidence before it's completed? 

Why isn't Mexico paying for that .1%? 

Also Trump could have received this increase in funding (x5) if he agreed to DACA protection a year ago. 

The first FISA warrants were issued before Trump was President.

Trump did make a DACA proposal, it was the Dems that rejected it.

3 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

As for collusion, there appears to be plenty - at least by many of his close associates.  However, it is difficult to take down someone that is beyond the law without massive amounts of evidence. 

OK iznogoud WHERE"S THE PLENTY OF COLLUSION, FOR THE BILLIONTH TIME?????!!!!!!????? Diane Feinstein admitted that they hadn't seen any. None was presented in subsequent FISA warrant renewals. Where is it? You can't keep referring to it without presenting it.

I think you are going to be quite dismayed at the evidence against Trump that is going to come out in the next year or so, provided you can stop being a Trump fanboy long enough to actually accept it. 

You think something? So what? It doesn't matter at all what you think. Evidence matters.

I don't see anyone saying that they don't want Trump impeached or jailed if he's guilty. I couldn't care less, if he's guilty. 

WHAT I DO CARE ABOUT IS THE FACT THAT SO MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING OBAMA, LIED ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN WAS BEING SPIED ON RIGHT FROM THE START. THEY LIED ABOUT WHERE THE DOSSIER CAME FROM. THEY LIED ABOUT WHO PAID FOR IT. THEY LIED ABOUT WHO GOT IN CONTACT WITH RUSSIANS FOR THE DOSSIER. THEY'RE BUYING (FAKE?) TESTIMONY FROM PEOPLE WITH REDUCED SENTENCES FOR CRIMES COMMITTED DECADES AGO. THEY'RE LYING ABOUT CONNECTIONS BETWEEN ARRESTS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE AND RUSSIAN COLLUSION AND STUPID PEOPLE ARE REPEATING IT ON THIS SITE, IN THIS THREAD. THE INVESTIGATION WAS STARTED BY LYING CRIMINALS AND DISGRACED GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS LIKE HILLARY CLINTON, ANDREW MCCABE, PETER STRZOK, COMEY, ROSENSTEIN, STEELE, ETC.

How dumb do you have to be to put so much stock in something that was cooked up by that group of people? Shouldn't you be able to at least admit that it's very alarming that so many people who are so obviously flawed are in such positions of power? Nope. You can't acknowledge that anything is the least bit sideways.

Just for your edification the following article makes a list of Trump's various crimes and misdemeanors as well as his ugly policy decisions.  I don't expect you to believe it, as you appear to be beyond understanding where Trump is concerned, but if you bother to read it you will see where he is going to be investigated. 

Trump’s Alleged Crimes Are Just the Tip of His Legacy

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/trump-alleged-crimes-771181/

As for Russia, Trump appears to be up to his eyebrows in Russian contacts. 

A Brief History of Michael Cohen’s Criminal Ties

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/a-brief-history-of-michael-cohens-criminal-ties-628875/

The Rolling Stone is so interested in all the details of this investigation. Oh wait, they're not, at all. They missed 50 key points, but I should keep reading because the Rolling Stone is a highly respected political publication. 

Get a grip. You totally refuse to comment on things that YOU KNOW ARE TRUE and then you want me to read and respond to things that the Rolling Stone is speculating on. That's just an awesome starting point for liberal debates but I'm not a liberal. 

Wait and see.  I have little doubt that this awful president is going to be utterly humiliated and his followers are going to end up feeling like fools.  BTW I don't have to prove anything, the special counsel and multiple other legal officials are going to do that.  So far you have rejected all evidence from multiple sources including some of the most respected news agencies in the world.  I thought Rolling Stone might put it on a level you could understand, but I guess I was wrong. 

I guess the "Way Out" for Trump is to declare an emergency and try and get the DOD to pay for the "Wall".

This will obviously be challenged in court and, like DACA, it'll be held up in the courts so everyone can move on with their lives. And the boogeyman can be "activist" judges.

Like with everything involving Trump it'll ends in a lawsuit.  

4 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

So far you have rejected all evidence from multiple sources including some of the most respected news agencies in the world.

It scares me that these news organizations are respected.

It makes me wonder if the mindless Fox-hating but CNN-loving zombie hordes actually believe the lies they are being fed, or if they know it's bullshit and are complicit in spreading deceit.

The most progressive person I know appears to believe the BS she spouts.  When I ask for proof, she just quotes lean wing news outlets.

I will then write a two or three page email showing that the news outlet carefully crafted their words to deceive.  Then I ask for "real" proof to backup the BS she parroted.  When she cannot find any, she tells me that it's not worth getting upset about.  I cannot respect a person like this.

I have come hate this person and media outlets who feed her bullshit and convince her to regurgitate it.  When they say there is hate on the right, it's true at least in my case.  I hate hate hate the lying left wing media and it's zombie followers.  I hate every one of them and wish nothing but the worst for them.  Trump is not destroying America, they are.

Any left wing zombies reading this will probably want to point to Trump's fabrications.  I do not condone any falsehoods stated as fact, including Trump's.  But in two or six years Trump will be gone and the deceitful mainstream media will still be here.

In any case, I have to laugh when anyone refers to these new outlets as "respected".

Edit:  spelling

Edited by SMitchell