The Slow Painful Death of the Trump Administration

The most consistently fair commentary on this subject comes from non other than the liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz. I don't believe most of the nonsense coming from the Trump haters. This administration get's attacked like no other in the media. Sadly,I think this will become the norm in the future with any Republican administration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironstone said:

The most consistently fair commentary on this subject comes from non other than the liberal law professor Alan Dershowitz. I don't believe most of the nonsense coming from the Trump haters. This administration get's attacked like no other in the media. Sadly,I think this will become the norm in the future with any Republican administration. 

LOL 

Poor criminal Trump Administration. :lol:

Mueller is a Republican. He was appointed by a Republican. For the last two years, up until next month all branches of government is Republican. 

Trumps lawyer admitted that he was discussing a Trump Tower Moscow deal with Russia up until November 2016. Trump got the GOP's stance on Russia changed all while it's been proven that Russia had a cyber campaign to undermine the election and favour Trump. 

Smoke - Fire. 

Edited by Boges
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boges said:

LOL 

Mueller is a Republican. He was appointed by a Republican. For the last two years, up until next month all branches of government is Republican. 

Trumps lawyer admitted that he was discussing a Trump Tower Moscow deal with Russia up until November 2016. Trump got the GOP's stance on Russia changed all while it's been proven that Russia had a cyber campaign to undermine the election and favour Trump. 

Smoke - Fire. 

Russia is free to run a cyber campaign, as is any other country.  They can post their opinions.  Trump can even discuss what and when to post.  Nothing in that is illegal.  There is no criminal statute for so-called collusion.  That's why they're going after other things, like taxes and business.   The so-called Russian interference was just a pretext for getting their foot in the investigation door.  Regardless, I'm already on record saying that I think he should resign and let Pence serve out the rest of his term.

11 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

I could care less about the national anthem.  I'm not an American.  But here is a question for you.  When a nation forces its citizens through shaming or threats to conform to what should be a voluntary ritual what does that say about the values of that nation? 

You make a decent enough point, but to be honest, if Kaepernick wants to participate in the NFL and reap the rewards of playing in that country and in that league then he needs to get on board with the program. He's free to choose another line of work.

Also, to say that the nation is forcing the NFL to make those players stand for the anthem is just an assumption. If the NFL didn't have an anthem at the beginning of the game there's a good chance that another league would own Sunday and the national football league would be long forgotten by now. Americans want the anthem. Patriotism is the glue that holds the nation together. Without that there's nothing making them a group, tribe, etc. Nothing to really love or believe in. Humans all need to believe in something. Call it a flaw if you want but it's in us all.

3 hours ago, Boges said:

LOL 

Smoke - Fire. 

Russian trolls chucked crap at both sides to sow division. Their total FB budget was about $4K iirc. The only thing that looks the slightest bit off is the emails that Assange leaked, but like I've said many times - the grass roots support in the Dem party was in favour of Bernie Sanders. Dem IT staffers had all kinds of access to those emails. It's not unlikely that they actually were leaked, as Assange said. Those idiots even had Pakistani nationals maintaining their servers. The fact that they got leaked or hacked, after all their cheating, lying, cutting corners, dodging the laws, being sore losers & sowing division, encouraging rioting & looting, encouraging the harrassment of other members of government, making grandiose allegations etc, etc, etc.... they can all go to hell. I don't really care what happened to their servers. They basically asked for it this whole time.

I don't care what the CIA or FBI said about the origin of those emails either, seeing as the FBI is full of criminals and both organizations are so blatantly biased (and they were before biased before Trump was ever president). Brennan and Comey are both huge sleezebags and a disgrace to the American system of law. Nobody even talks about how corrupt the IRS was under Obama anymore because they're such a small story now compared to the dirty FBI.

23 minutes ago, WestCanMan said:

The only thing that looks the slightest bit off is the emails that Assange leaked, but like I've said many times - the grass roots support in the Dem party was in favour of Bernie Sanders.

Don't think there's such a thing as "grass roots" any more. Just mobs organized via social media campaigns, which are all artificial and driven by some entity (whatever Russia has done in the last few elections, American groups have been doing against each other a thousandfold over anyway). 

13 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not going to happen while Trump is president....executive privilege and separation of powers assures that...especially if it goes to the U.S. Supreme Court.    The House can draft and pass articles of impeachment, but that doesn't mean Trump will be convicted in the Senate....just ask President Bill Clinton.

I have been wondering whether the Democrats will attempt impeachment or whether they will decide to wait until after Trump is out of office two years from now and he no longer has the presidency to protect himself.  If I was the Democrats I would be prepared to wait.  After all they have multiple other ways to make Trump's life even more miserable than it already is.

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

You make a decent enough point, but to be honest, if Kaepernick wants to participate in the NFL and reap the rewards of playing in that country and in that league then he needs to get on board with the program. He's free to choose another line of work.

Also, to say that the nation is forcing the NFL to make those players stand for the anthem is just an assumption. If the NFL didn't have an anthem at the beginning of the game there's a good chance that another league would own Sunday and the national football league would be long forgotten by now. Americans want the anthem. Patriotism is the glue that holds the nation together. Without that there's nothing making them a group, tribe, etc. Nothing to really love or believe in. Humans all need to believe in something. Call it a flaw if you want but it's in us all.

It appears to me that with his commercial endorsements endorsements Kaepernick has found another source of rewards.  And it will be very interesting to see how the courts rule on the lawsuits directed against the NFL for banning him and a few other players simply because they refused to stand for the anthem. 

And nationalism is an outdated concept.  It was useful when it brought together disparate groups as a united entity, but forcing patriotism down the throats of all citizens reminds me too much of the forced participation that was common in fascist and communist regimes. 

15 minutes ago, Iznogoud said:

....  If I was the Democrats I would be prepared to wait.  After all they have multiple other ways to make Trump's life even more miserable than it already is.

Seems fair to me...President Trump has already made life miserable for Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.  

23 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

We have the worst reprobate in American politics, given as a gift to the people to test their moral compass.

Testing against a badly deviated compass with no deviation card to account for the deviations deviating it?  Good luck. I doubt they can account for variation, assuming they even know what that means in terms of a compass.  How one gets up in the morning and believes they're steering a straight course is anyone's guess...might as well throw darts at the chart and hope you don't hit a reef along the way.

Oh you said moral compass...sorry I thought you meant...never mind, my analogy is probably just as lost on most people.

8 hours ago, Iznogoud said:

It appears to me that with his commercial endorsements endorsements Kaepernick has found another source of rewards.  And it will be very interesting to see how the courts rule on the lawsuits directed against the NFL for banning him and a few other players simply because they refused to stand for the anthem. 

And nationalism is an outdated concept.  It was useful when it brought together disparate groups as a united entity, but forcing patriotism down the throats of all citizens reminds me too much of the forced participation that was common in fascist and communist regimes. 

The courts won’t be able to do anything about a theoretical ban on Kaepernick, reason being: owners don’t have to sign a player who will ultimately cost them a lot of money. That’s just common sense. 

Do you think he’s really making money off of endorsements? Who is he representing? 

If you honestly don’t know why you should feel a sense of patriotism towards Canada, or the US if you happen to be an American, I honestly think that’s really pathetic. 

If you think there is some other country or some other way of life that’s superior I’d love to hear about it  

2 hours ago, WestCanMan said:

The courts won’t be able to do anything about a theoretical ban on Kaepernick, reason being: owners don’t have to sign a player who will ultimately cost them a lot of money. That’s just common sense. 

Do you think he’s really making money off of endorsements? Who is he representing? 

If you honestly don’t know why you should feel a sense of patriotism towards Canada, or the US if you happen to be an American, I honestly think that’s really pathetic. 

If you think there is some other country or some other way of life that’s superior I’d love to hear about it  

Kaepernick - Nike. 

Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad sparked a boycott — and earned $6 billion for Nike  https://www.vox.com/2018/9/24/17895704/nike-colin-kaepernick-boycott-6-billion

One thing I like about Canada is that we can be patriotic without paying lip service to nonsense like kissing the flag or singing the national anthem.  You probably can in the US too. 

Actually the US has declined quite a bit in world rankings so there are a lot of nations including Canada that are better places to live.  However, we seem to be drifting off topic.  This thread is about the Trump; not football players; not national anthems; and not the superiority or inferiority of other nations.  You could start a thread on those topics if you wish. 

On 12/17/2018 at 8:17 PM, Iznogoud said:

Don't you find it interesting that Trump is the only president in history who seems borderline demented and who has made lying his normal form of communication?  If you think this is normal perhaps you should study previous presidents.  BTW "swampsters" pretty much describes the people Trump appointed and routinely associates with. 

I find that many Canadians appear to be borderline demented. Trump may lie but is no worse than the many other presidents before him. Obama was a bloody liar just like Bush and Clinton were. One could say that they may well have been borderline demented or already demented. Just because they appeared normal to you does not mean that they were not demented.The only difference here is that thanks to the lying leftist liberal media in America and Canada Trump is the only president alive that appears to be borderline demented or already demented. Your dear leader of Khanuckistan is demented. He is beyond the borderline. 

The swampsters have been everywhere in every political party for decades now. Why do you think that we still have poverty, hunger and wars still going on if our politicians were not demented? Trump in the beginning did have many swampsters in his cabinet as he had found out later. That is why many have left. Most of them them either swampsters or just could not handle the job as Trump demanded of them. At least Trump has acknowledged that the swampsters are there. 

So, just what have you done lately to point out the swampsters that are in your own federal government already or are you one of those just one of those typical Canadians that believes that Canada is just a wonderful none corrupt and crooked country and all is well? If you do then you need to give your head a shake. :D

On 12/18/2018 at 12:14 PM, ironstone said:

You call the commentary  fair because you agree with it. However you need to read what Dershowitz talks about. He is a civil liberties and constitutional lawyer. He has not discussed or commented on the morality of what Trump has done only on whether some of it not all of it was legal or illegal.  The fact that what a politician does is legal does not suddenly make it moral and with due respect you are taking a legal opinion to suggest what Trump does is morally acceptable. No it is not. G

Blaming the media or trying to claim anyone but Dershowitz who criticizes Trump is unfair is crap.

When in the history of the USA has a President hired and fired so many people in so short a time period and with just that alone how do you deny there is a serious problem with a man who hires and fires so many?

How do you defend a man who praises autin and Kim, openly supports a leader (Saudi Arabia) who engaged in open murder making a farse of the purpose of an embassy and  openly admits he ordered the extradition of someone from Canada to use as trade leverage with China which is not what the system is intended for.

What world do you live in where he is surrounded by people convicted of lying that  he hired  and he took advise from and you think its unfair to criticize him? 

I think for people like you who deny what this man is and what he is done is even more amazing then the shit he pulls.

If this is the kind of person you are inspired by God help you literally.

Edited by Rue

I'm not what one would call a Trump supporter to be fair. I do believe that Trump,like any other American, does deserve due process. If you watch CNN or MSNBC you would think that he is without a doubt,guilty. I'm of the impression that what he's accused of doing or has done isn't clearly defined as a crime.

So he praises Putin, Kim and supports Saudi Arabia,how is that different from Canada's Justin Trudeau who openly expresses admiration for Fidel Castro and the Chinese dictatorship to name but two?

You seem to be unaware of Hillary Clinton's ties to Russia. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

Politicians lie? Wow that's news to me! It's fair to criticize Trump of course,but only someone that is willfully blind believes his 2016 opponent wasn't deeply flawed to put it mildly.Enough with the drama queen routine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ironstone said:

I'm not what one would call a Trump supporter to be fair. I do believe that Trump,like any other American, does deserve due process.

I definitely agree.  In fact, I believe he deserves a few dozen ADDITIONAL due processes on top of the ongoing due processes currently under way.

On 12/18/2018 at 12:40 PM, Boges said:

LOL 

Smoke - Fire. 

I was watching CNN today ( I know I know,  I should not have)  and the alleged Trump/Russia collusion is  ALL they talk about.  I still don't see the smoke. How long they been at this investigation? Hell if they cannot prosecute Clinton for the top secret information on her personal servers, which there was undeniable proof. Trump is pretty safe in my view.

The only thing with Trump is that he's lost his mind.  And I cannot follow a damn thing when you listen to a conversation between Trump and Pelosi.  Anyone have a clue what these two clowns are really saying?

3 hours ago, ironstone said:

So he praises Putin, Kim and supports Saudi Arabia,how is that different from Canada's Justin Trudeau who openly expresses admiration for Fidel Castro and the Chinese dictatorship to name but two?

Up is down, down is up.  Welcome to what Orwell warned us about.

10 hours ago, taxme said:

I find that many Canadians appear to be borderline demented. Trump may lie but is no worse than the many other presidents before him. Obama was a bloody liar just like Bush and Clinton were. One could say that they may well have been borderline demented or already demented. Just because they appeared normal to you does not mean that they were not demented.The only difference here is that thanks to the lying leftist liberal media in America and Canada Trump is the only president alive that appears to be borderline demented or already demented. Your dear leader of Khanuckistan is demented. He is beyond the borderline. 

The swampsters have been everywhere in every political party for decades now. Why do you think that we still have poverty, hunger and wars still going on if our politicians were not demented? Trump in the beginning did have many swampsters in his cabinet as he had found out later. That is why many have left. Most of them them either swampsters or just could not handle the job as Trump demanded of them. At least Trump has acknowledged that the swampsters are there. 

So, just what have you done lately to point out the swampsters that are in your own federal government already or are you one of those just one of those typical Canadians that believes that Canada is just a wonderful none corrupt and crooked country and all is well? If you do then you need to give your head a shake. :D

First of all this is a thread about Trump.  Feel free to start one to discuss the deficiencies of Canada and Canadian politics if you wish.

Second, it appears that the many Russian postings have completely taken you in.  What you refer to as the lying liberal media is actually telling the truth and the sources you quote to support your views are little more than shills for Trump.  You'll see the truth of this soon enough if you haven't figured it out already.  Hardly a week goes by without some further revelation of Trump's misdeeds.  This week it was the shutting down of his so-called charitable foundation, which it turns out was completely fraudulent.  The details of Mueller's investigation are going to come out soon and it will almost certainly be devastating to the Trump cause. 

And you are still making the mistake of someone who has no argument, relying on name-calling and deflection in an attempt to make your point.  I really do wish you would actually post something relevant and then we could have a proper discussion.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GostHacked said:

I was watching CNN today ( I know I know,  I should not have)  and the alleged Trump/Russia collusion is  ALL they talk about.  I still don't see the smoke. How long they been at this investigation? Hell if they cannot prosecute Clinton for the top secret information on her personal servers, which there was undeniable proof. Trump is pretty safe in my view.

The only thing with Trump is that he's lost his mind.  And I cannot follow a damn thing when you listen to a conversation between Trump and Pelosi.  Anyone have a clue what these two clowns are really saying?

Probably because the people that watch CNN love the Schadenfreude of this POTUS being an crazy, immature, impulsive, crude person. . . and constantly proving it. 

I love how people, Trump included, assume media reports on the Investigation is all the information available. We still don't know what the people who are co-operating with the FBI are saying. We have no idea what Flynn has said.

TBH Cohen has already implicated Trump in a crime. He's going to jail for 3 years. If Trump wasn't POTUS, he's be right behind Cohen. 

People who don't see a crime are putting their head in the sands. Everything Trump has done regarding his election is under investigation. And not by the "Dems!" by Law Enforcement. Now in January the Dems get to investigate Trump and they aren't going to be hush hush about it like Mueller has. 

It's going to get a lot worse for Trump. 

Edited by Boges

LOL at Trump stomping his feet and crying like a baby about his stupid wall. 

There's no way Congress will want to be the ones to own a government shutdown over a useless and costly wall. 

Trump has had all the opportunity and control to push this through and now at the 11th hour when the Dems are set to take back the House he's in crisis mode. And it has to be tied to funding the government and not a yes or no vote on the wall itself. 

He's rather blow up the government than upset his base. Perhaps they'll realize they threw their lot in with a notorious con man. 

Edited by Boges

Can anyone here please clearly define what crimes were committed by Trump?Specifically,what laws were broken? What  irrefutable evidence and facts are publicly known?

I see vastly differing opinions on the major networks. Unfortunately for Trump,it seems nobody at the top of the big law enforcement agencies has written a letter of exoneration before the case has been thoroughly examined,like was done for Hillary Clinton. Anybody see any bias there?