Will Canada follow through and extradite Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou?

4 minutes ago, Wilber said:

Can't you read? What do you think "Total number of persons surrendered from Canada pursuant to the Extradition Act" means?

We have averaged 100 a year since 1999. 90% of them to the US.

This stuff isn't hard to find and I'm not doing it for you anymore. 

You do understand English, don't you? You cannot give me any examples because there probably has never been a time when Canada has asked for someone to be extradited back to Canada which was the question I asked of you in the first place? All I asked was give me a few instances where this has happened? You did not have a problem with pointing out as to how many people were extradited back to another country by Canada? That's all. Geez, such a simple request. 

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe Trudeau is afraid of China....Trump is not.

I'm not convinced of Trump's courage after how he looked the other way with the Saudis.  After the bashing Canada took in the USMCA deal and the G20 summit in Quebec, Canadians are questioning whether the US can be trusted.  Relations with China are increasingly important.  These court proceedings should not be politicized.  Trump has already said he will politicize it by making Meng's fate a bargaining chip in trade negotiations.  If he's muddying the waters by making law negotiable, why should Canada follow legal process?  Oh, because it's the right thing?  Does that even register with the US federal government anymore?

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

I'm not convinced of Trump's courage after how he looked the other way with the Saudis.  After the bashing Canada took in the USMCA deal and the G20 summit in Quebec, Canadians are questioning whether the US can be trusted.  Relations with China are increasingly important.  These court proceedings should not be politicized.  Trump has already said he will politicize it by making Meng's fate a bargaining chip in trade negotiations.  If he's muddying the waters by making law negotiable, why should Canada follow legal process?  Oh, because it's the right thing?  Does that even register with the US federal government anymore?

Exactly, we are trying to act according to the rule of law and he makes it about him as usual. Fucking asshole.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

This is why under this president the US looks morally bankrupt.  Really, who is to be more trusted, Xi or Trump?

Trusted to do what?  Refrain from putting a million Muslims into concentration camps?  Trump might like to, but only Xi Jinping can get the job done.

Edited by bcsapper

4 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Trusted to do what?  Refrain from putting a million Muslims into concentration camps?  Trump might like to, but only the Chinese can get the job done.

I think the question was which person would you trust more, not which country. I'll stick with my answer.

Just now, bush_cheney2004 said:

No....unlike several other western nations, Canada is afraid of China...won't reject Huawei outright for 5G network contracts.

Canada's current leader is a putz...and a coward.   

So is America's.  Thankfully, neither represents the best of their country.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Trump (and others) have acted against Huawei....Trudeau has not, because he has no backbone.

I doubt Trump has ever done anything due to backbone.  He probably has bone spurs on it.

Edited by bcsapper

Just now, bcsapper said:

I doubt Trump has ever done anything due to backbone.  He probably has bone spurs on it.

Regardless, Trump has confronted China in biggly ways...Trudeau has not...because he is afraid to do so.

Frankly, watching Canada's present putz PM, I am convinced that he has none of the backbone or decisiveness of his father, Pierre Trudeau.

It's entertaining to watch each time Justin gets his tits in the wringer, only to do it again.

• Like 1