The transgender insanity movement

Argus

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Of course I am concerned about Jews - I referenced the Pittsburgh incident.  "Vast majority" aren't violent - so ?  We shouldn't be concerned ?

2) By 'The Rebel' by Trump and anti-immigrant and anti-woman publications.  I wouldn't mind if you said something against these.

Anti-illegal immigration is different than anti-immigration.  There’s an important difference.  I’ve notice that for some reason people like to conflate the two.  Also, I don’t really know what an anti-woman publication is, playboy?  Hustler?  Penthouse?

On 12/11/2018 at 9:00 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I want public messages to raise awareness of abuse against targeted groups.  I want people to care.

We've been overloaded with the awareness of a lot of groups. This is now the Age of Apathy. So some of these groups are being ignored because there is now an ocean of these marginalized groups. Everyone is screaming for attention and I can only pay attention to so many.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GostHacked said:

We've been overloaded with the awareness of a lot of groups. This is now the Age of Apathy. So some of these groups are being ignored because there is now an ocean of these marginalized groups. Everyone is screaming for attention and I can only pay attention to so many.

Well, 'an ocean' is an overstatement.  And the hurt that the most well-known groups feel is so much more significant than the apathy of the finicky masses, the ignorance of which makes things worse.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:13 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Well, 'an ocean' is an overstatement.  And the hurt that the most well-known groups feel is so much more significant than the apathy of the finicky masses, the ignorance of which makes things worse.

Tell me which new pronoun I am to know about this week? Why not just say everyone is an individual and we are all marginalized meaning we all need special treatment. 

I don't buy it. 

19 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Tell me which new pronoun I am to know about this week? Why not just say everyone is an individual and we are all marginalized meaning we all need special treatment. 

I don't buy it. 

Just use "x".  Womxn, Mxn, Bxy, Gxrl. Gxy, Strxight, Trxns, Yxu, Mx, Hxm, Hxr, Thxm, etc.

Keep xvxryxne happy!

3 hours ago, GostHacked said:

That's a great way for the status quo to protect their assets.  You say "let's not worry about groups" but coincidentally you don't belong to any of them.

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's a great way for the status quo to protect their assets.  You say "let's not worry about groups" but coincidentally you don't belong to any of them.

I don't need to. I am not confused about who and what I am so, I am not one that needs to scream 'please do not marginalize me'.

27 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

I don't need to. I am not confused about who and what I am so, I am not one that needs to scream 'please do not marginalize me'.

Yes, you're not marginalized.  I got that.  And therefore those who are, are not a priority.  To you, therefore, to anyone.

19 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Yes, you're not marginalized.  I got that.  And therefore those who are, are not a priority.  To you, therefore, to anyone.

We're not arguing about whether or not marginalized groups can or should do something.  We're arguing about whether or not that thing is right or wrong.  I don't care how marginalized a group is, they should never be exempt from that.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

What thing?

Any thing.  The emphasis in my first sentence is on the word "something".  I don't think anyone is saying a marginalized group, and this marginalized group in particular, should do nothing.  Only that what they do do is as open to criticism and ridicule as whatever anyone else does.

9 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Only that what they do do is as open to criticism and ridicule as whatever anyone else does.

The devil is in the details.  The thing is, there is no opposite 'group' that can be criticized.  "Non-trans" people is not a group.  As such, you can only criticize a group of people based on some characteristic they share, according to your principle.  I don't accept that I can be criticized because some inherent characteristic makes me part of some 'group'.

But the devil is in the details.

Edited to add: "Society" is a group, "Canada" is a group but it has a hierarchy and feedback structure.  But "white people" do not have that, for example.  You can comment on characteristics of "white people" but criticizing them seems to imply that they, as a group, have a control structure that could respond to criticism and that's not the case.  I have a problem with criticizing groups but the devil is in the details as I say.

Edited by Michael Hardner

On 12/19/2018 at 4:56 AM, Michael Hardner said:

The devil is in the details.  The thing is, there is no opposite 'group' that can be criticized.  "Non-trans" people is not a group.  As such, you can only criticize a group of people based on some characteristic they share, according to your principle.  I don't accept that I can be criticized because some inherent characteristic makes me part of some 'group'.

But the devil is in the details.

Edited to add: "Society" is a group, "Canada" is a group but it has a hierarchy and feedback structure.  But "white people" do not have that, for example.  You can comment on characteristics of "white people" but criticizing them seems to imply that they, as a group, have a control structure that could respond to criticism and that's not the case.  I have a problem with criticizing groups but the devil is in the details as I say.

I'm not talking just about the group itself.  Or any group.  I'm talking about the things people do and say with regard to that group, and of course that would include its members too.  One doesn't have to have an opposite group to criticise, but often one is created.  See criticism of Islam for that.  I'm not Transphobic.  Other than hating and hurting someone for what they cannot help I can't see how I could be, and I'm not going to do that.

But I am going to have empathy for those who oppose the sudden inclusion of men (in every way but personal declaration) in their private spaces.  I'm also going to agree with those who think that a deal as big as a gender change should involve some kind of medical involvement.  And I'm also going to laugh at the silly hippies who make fools of themselves tripping over each other to show how inclusive they are.  That would not include serious discourse, of course, but would include such nonsense as:

"menstruation must be inclusive of all genders".

Edit>  I have to walk that back a lot.  I assumed there that a trans man was a man who thought (s)he was a woman.  I just found out it was a woman who thinks (s)he is a man.  In that case, a Trans man will continue to have the same periods (s)he always had, until a complete change is made. (I guess?)   I still believe that menstruation is not inclusive of all genders, of course.

Double Edit>  Actually, I lust looked it up, and now I'm not so sure.  "A trans man (sometimes trans-man or transman) is a man who was assigned female at birth (AFAB)."  Wouldn't the period have been a dead giveaway?

Edited by bcsapper

On 12/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, Michael Hardner said:

I am a white man. Of COURSE I am marginalized. HOWEVER,  when I was younger I thought the world was out to get me. Once I stopped playing the victim everything changed, and I gained control of my life.  That's my advice, stop being a victim and just go live your life. Once you start to not five a fack what others think , things change for the better.

5 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I'm not talking just about the group itself.  Or any group.  I'm talking about the things people do and say with regard to that group, and of course that would include its members too.  One doesn't have to have an opposite group to criticise, but often one is created.  See criticism of Islam for that.  I'm not Transphobic.  Other than hating and hurting someone for what they cannot help I can't see how I could be, and I'm not going to do that.

This is pretty dense language.  I don't think more language will clear it up.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is pretty dense language.  I don't think more language will clear it up.

Not really.  I'm just talking about people with opinions, and those who want others to restrict theirs.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Right.  Which is just n/a to me and I suspect we're close to the same opinion so I don't want to climb back to the top of the anthill and start over...

We could always argue about my second paragraph.

• 2 weeks later...