War of the Worlds U.N. Migration Compact

scribblet

26 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

There's no legislation now.  It's too early.

Of course it's too early. That's what he pact's opponents are pointing out. Just wait and see what happens when this turkey of a pact, which among other little perks promotes propaganda and censorship (What's not to like there, eh?) as means of accomplishing its goals, combines with "progressive" Lib ideology. It's a match made in "progressive" heaven that could well turn out to be a nightmare for the rest of us.

Edited by turningrite

5 hours ago, Goddess said:

Yes.  I imagine that's what a lot  of Germans said until the Jews were actually being loaded into cattle cars.  But by then it was too late.

Germans who were caught helping Jews to escape also ended up dead. It's a no win situation.  And this is also a terrible analogy.

Taking in illegal non-vetted immigrants from across the board is in no way a comparison to Jews being killed in the holocaust.  WTF?

On 12/16/2018 at 2:59 PM, GostHacked said:

The USA has been having an identity crisis for a couple decades now.  I always point to 'African-American' as an example of that. What's wrong with being an American who just happens to be black?

It's no wonder that most western countries are starting to lose their identity with all of the non western immigration going on into those many western countries in the world. I have always wondered as to where in the world is there a country called African America? Is there a country, like say, Italian America somewhere? Either one is American or they are not American. One cannot be an African American and be a black American? There are some in Canada who like to call themselves something Canadian also. These people are not loyal Canadians because they are not proud enough to say that they are just plain Canadian.  

33 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

That's a ridiculous analogy.  I can't believe you even posted that.

Why is it ridiculous?  Do you think the German people knew where their government was going with the Jews, that they would all end up in ovens?  It was a gradual process.

19 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Germans who were caught helping Jews to escape also ended up dead. It's a no win situation.  And this is also a terrible analogy.

Taking in illegal non-vetted immigrants from across the board is in no way a comparison to Jews being killed in the holocaust.  WTF?

The point is that sometimes governments don't tell the people what they're really up to.

On 12/18/2018 at 3:59 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Anything will be legally binding if countries pass it into law.  The article itself states it as such:

". As well, that it will be adopted as rule for all UN Member states once enacted."

Given the horse-shit and lies immigration issues get from The Rebel, The Sun and so on I'm starting to think we should strengthen laws against lying in media and extend it to the web.  Of course, this will make people who love lies go purple in the face... 

If it were not for The Rebel and The Sun and the RightEdition websites all that leftist liberal immigration horseshit that you believe in and like to spread would never be exposed for what it is. Horseshit. There is just about plenty of horseshit being told by the pro immigration lobby morons who like to tell us all that immigration is great for Canada and Canadians. In what way, MH?

Just how is needing more infrastructure, more traffic gridlock, more social and medical services, and more destruction of the environment is supposed to be so great for Canada and Canadians by flooding Canada with millions more of these not needed legal and illegal criminal so called refugees? Telling the truth makes those who push the immigration horseshit turn their beautiful commie faces red. 

Hey MH, your Somali immigration minister wants more francophone immigration in their communist pact. He said that himself. Nothing there about wanting more Anglophone immigration. Why? No doubt because of their hatred for Anglophone people of British origin.

And then their are those fools who believe that there never is any conspiracies at all. Just right wing horseshit. As that old saying going "there are none so blind as those who will not see". It's time to take your blinders off, fella. :D 

17 minutes ago, Goddess said:

Why is it ridiculous?  Do you think the German people knew where their government was going with the Jews, that they would all end up in ovens?  It was a gradual process.

The point is that sometimes governments don't tell the people what they're really up to.

Yup, I can believe that alright. This present day liberal government that we are all stuck with has no clue as to what telling the truth is all about. They are lying to us about how wonderful it will be by taking in millions more legal and illegal so called refugees into Canada. Where the hell are we going to put them all?

The amount of new infrastructure that will be needed, more housing, more stores, more pressure on our medical, and our social services , more traffic gridlock and more damage to the environment which all environmentalists these days keep crying about. Sometimes it would appear as thought the environmental movement, and the immigration movement, are working together and are controlled by the same pro immigration devils. Environmentalists keep fighting for the saving of the environment but they never say anything against massive immigration. Why is that? 

On 12/1/2018 at 8:08 AM, scribblet said:

I'm surprised there isn't a discussion on this or maybe I missed it.   Either way even though most western countries are not signing on, Canada is and IMO, we should not.   What is very alarming is the intent to define criticism of migration as 'hate speech'  so would become a criminal offense.  “Media outlets that give room for criticism of migration,can be shut down.“

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/09/the-war-of-the-world/?fbclid=IwAR3CYLDBEhqxZ_cghgQX_WA_KR3jKvNNdtPJnC8lcqpQHofxHFv9lvO2Ooc

To properly understand the trend of world political events in recent years, it is essential to appreciate that a titanic struggle for supremacy between two implacably opposed ideologies is raging right across the Western world. It is an undeclared war waged largely behind the scenes.

The attackers are powerful globalist and multi-national interests such as the EU and the UN, supported by many leftist groups funded, paradoxically, by mega-rich financiers. Their ultimate aim is the abolition of borders, migration between countries at will, the dismantling of national identity, the transfer of power to supra-national bodies, and eventually the imposition of a post-democratic unitary world government. The defenders are those who believe that Western-style democracy based on the nation-state remains the least-worst way yet devised of safe-guarding the life, liberty and prosperity of its citizens.

Public awareness of the struggle is almost non-existent because, with very few exceptions, the free world’s mainstream media long ago aligned themselves with the globalists and have shamefully failed to

Dutch politician and European Parliament member Marcel de Graaff      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lORLGL2no_U

I just happened to listen to our pro non-western immigration minister talking about the need for Canada to have to take in more immigrants, either legal or illegal ones. And during his grand little speech he said that his and Trudeau's goal is to bring in more people from francophone countries. Unh? Why is that? Is it because the french language in Canada is dying? But besides that, I did not hear him say that we need to take in more Anglophones into Canada.

But of course why do that? If so, then the conspiracy plan of trying to eliminate the British culture and traditions and heritage in this country will never happen. The British culture and people must be dissolved by the introduction of more non British immigration into Canada to solve that french problem of having to deal with the Anglophones in Canada anymore. Flood Quebec with more francophones and then flood the rest of Canada with non British immigrants and that should solve the problem of getting rid of those nasty old white British Anglophones for good. Just my opinion of course from the many observations that I have been paying attention too in the past several decades. :unsure:

Well, the Belgian PM has had to quit over his support of the compact...   as Trump said in a speech to the U.N. General Assembly on September 25, 2018,, “Ultimately, the only long-term solution to the migration crisis is to help people build more hopeful futures in their home countries. ”       

He is not the only one saying that, but they are also saying that if you really believe in 'global warming' then bringing in millions more people into your country will only increase the carbon footprint, require more industry and resources, more land needed to be developed etc. etc.   

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2018-12-18/belgian-premier-resigns-as-coalition-comes-under-pressure

8 hours ago, turningrite said:

1.) And you know this how?

1) For several reasons: (1) I can read and comprehend the contents of the pact (2) most of the governments of the countries that have refused to sign are anti-immigrant, most (all? I've not kept up) of the rest have significant internal anti-immigrant pressure (3) "Sovereignty issues" apply to every international agreement ever signed. It is convenient, and in this case irrelevant.

2.) What, exactly, is your point?

Responding to your comment. Migration is by definition international

sovereign states cannot be bound or compelled to enter into or comply with international pacts, which are thus voluntary and non-binding, but by entering into such pacts signatory states essentially agree to in good faith comply with their provisions.

Bingo.  In addition, if declared explicitly non-binding, they cannot be used or interpreted by internal or external courts in a way to bind a government.  

Regardless, even if it were binding, there is nothing "scary" in there.

The embassy is issuing warnings about protests against the compact, thousands have been protesting.

https://be.usembassy.gov/potential-yellow-vest-demonstration-and-protest-against-the-global-compact-for-migration/

Trudeau & co. are telling us that this is no big deal and non binding of course, so all you ‘right wing extremists’ just STFU  

So, now why would a prime minister step down if this pact is no big deal  even tho thousands of people don’t believe the propaganda.

Edited by scribblet

2 hours ago, Goddess said:

Godwin's Law. You lose :)

3 hours ago, Goddess said:

Why is it ridiculous?  

The Nazis did not hide their hatred from the outset.  And there was an election where the Germans supported their hate campaign against foreigners by voting for it.

And this parallels a non-binding UN agreement to coordinate migration management how exactly?

This is ridiculous.  You should just admit it.

Edited by Michael Hardner

50 minutes ago, scribblet said:

The embassy is issuing warnings about protests against the compact, thousands have been protesting.

https://be.usembassy.gov/potential-yellow-vest-demonstration-and-protest-against-the-global-compact-for-migration/

Trudeau & co. are telling us that this is no big deal and non binding of course, so all you ‘right wing extremists’ just STFU  

So, now why would a prime minister step down if this pact is no big deal  even tho thousands of people don’t believe the propaganda.

Can I get a cite for the size of the protest?

I don't think anyone believes that a protest automatically validates a cause.

If it's large enough to cause a PM to resign then the gov't isn't listening, especially 'virulent opposition'.   While most reports will always refer to protesters as 'right wing' they are not necessarily 'far right' or racist.  I wouldn't doubt the value of a protest, if it's large enough, both France and Belgium have changed their political position because of protests. 

https://o.canada.com/news/world/weve-had-enough-close-the-borders-anti-migrant-protesters-clash-with-belgian-police/wcm/572e741f-98aa-4368-ae98-1c496954b91c

https://eblnews.com/video/belgium-thousands-protest-un-migration-pact-brussels-573336

This one says UK is stick to it's pledge to reduce net migration.    

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-belgium-protests-migration/thousands-march-in-brussels-against-u-n-migration-pact-idUSKBN1OF0LM

Edited by scribblet

4 hours ago, taxme said:

It's no wonder that most western countries are starting to lose their identity with all of the non western immigration going on into those many western countries in the world. I have always wondered as to where in the world is there a country called African America? Is there a country, like say, Italian America somewhere? Either one is American or they are not American. One cannot be an African American and be a black American? There are some in Canada who like to call themselves something Canadian also. These people are not loyal Canadians because they are not proud enough to say that they are just plain Canadian.  

Non western immigration? Legal immigration is fine. What Trudeau signed onto, gets all around that. That is the real problem. But if you want to get into it,  the Canadian identity has always been a mix of English, French, German and a few others.  I am a Canadian, that has German roots, however a Canadian through and through.

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

It's called the 'boiling frog'. However in Germany things happened very quick. You can bet it did not take his whole 13 years in power for Hitler to implement it all. That really started to happen after WWII got into full swing.  It was not the killing of the Jews that got Hitler killed, it was the fact he had taken over a few nations in a short time span and if he was not taken out, then Nazi Germany would have simply grown more and probably would have ruled most if not all of Europe.

4 hours ago, Goddess said:

No shit... do tell?

3 hours ago, TTM said:

1) For several reasons: (1) I can read and comprehend the contents of the pact (2) most of the governments of the countries that have refused to sign are anti-immigrant, most (all? I've not kept up) of the rest have significant internal anti-immigrant pressure (3) "Sovereignty issues" apply to every international agreement ever signed. It is convenient, and in this case irrelevant.

Bingo.  In addition, if declared explicitly non-binding, they cannot be used or interpreted by internal or external courts in a way to bind a government.  

Regardless, even if it were binding, there is nothing "scary" in there.

Sorry, but I doubt that you have even the foggiest idea about international relations or international law. To argue that international law is definitionally non-binding, as is generally held to be the case, doesn't equate with the notion that international agreements, treaties and pacts are non-binding on signatory states. If a sovereign state agrees to the terms and conditions of an international pact, as Canada has (stupidly, in my opinion) done by signing the UN pact for migration, the general assumption would be that Canada has agreed to in good faith comply with the terms and conditions of the pact. You should read my posts on Westphalian sovereignty more closely.

As for nothing "scary" being included in the UN pact for migration, I guess you're not concerned about the provision that promotes propaganda and censorship. MSM apologists have acknowledged that this stuff is unacceptable for a democracy but believe we can just ignore  aspects of the pact that are, well, undemocratic. The clear and present danger, of course, is that the suppression of free speech is entirely consistent with the "progressive" left's preferred approach to achieving its ends. Are you equally as contemptuous of democracy?

9 hours ago, paxamericana said:

I'd use this as an excuse to invade/annex Canada. Its time to join the dark side. 

If provinces and territories can remain as such, and if we can maintain the federal government in Ottawa, and continue to establish all of our own laws, taxation, and public policy, then go for it.  I wonder if it can be wrapped up between the second and third period of Hockey Night in Canada.  If we can also maintain our border and gun control in Canada, but give the citizens of both countries the right to live and work anywhere on either side of the border (paying taxes and respecting the laws of the state or province and national government), then sure.  You do a bit more for health care to prevent health refugees to Canada.  We can do a bit more military spending.   

2 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

If provinces and territories can remain as such, and if we can maintain the federal government in Ottawa, and continue to establish all of our own laws, taxation, and public policy, then go for it.  I wonder if it can be wrapped up between the second and third period of Hockey Night in Canada.  If we can also maintain our border and gun control in Canada, but give the citizens of both countries the right to live and work anywhere on either side of the border (paying taxes and respecting the laws of the state or province and national government), then sure.  You do a bit more for health care to prevent health refugees to Canada.  We can do a bit more military spending.   

Well problem then become states vs federal government. Also your judicial system would have to abide by ours. There's the elephant in the room, quebec... 

Edited by paxamericana

On 12/17/2018 at 11:18 AM, scribblet said:

According to this it will be legally binding...    no doubt we will still be told it is not, however it appears that it will be adopted as a rule once enacted...   no surprise

Now we know. In a frank exchange with Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel, Mr. Hebner of the AfD drew out an admission that it is, in fact, legally binding. As well, that it will be adopted as rule for all UN Member states once enacted.

Merkel's and by extension Germany's position on the pact is quite interesting. According to Merkel's response to Hebner in the Bundestag, it appears all EU member states could be bound to recognize the pact's validity once a certain number of states have signed it. Germany has long fought for other EU states to shoulder a bigger share of the burden for accommodating migrants, so if it can work an end-around by means of promoting the Compact for Migration its position may in fact be less altruistic than might otherwise appear to be the case. Why Canada has signed the pact is less clear, other perhaps than for the fact that it largely reflects "progressive"-Lib ideology and, further, promotes the Trudeau government's rather radical (in comparison to most other Western countries) immigration/migration goals. The real concern should be that the main intent is to etch the prog-Lib immigration/migration agenda in stone, which if the case would render it even more problematic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paxamericana said:

Well problem then become states vs federal government. Also your judicial system would have to abide by ours. There's the elephant in the room, quebec... 

That’s why I think a loose economic union is the way to go.  Maximum benefits and freedoms for both countries with minimum disruption.  I also think unity would strengthen both countries.  Important given the rise of China.