Albertans accused of red-neck & anti-gay

And so, because there is no rational arguement supporting any of your theses', I have to conclude that it's based on hatred, just like Crazymf has demonstrated.

I thought this was supposed to be debating the issue, not toothless blather and disagreement. If you are going to toss the powerful word 'hatred' around, you should back it up, not just tell all the members they're wrong and you're right.

Better yet, come on down to Alberta. IMT and myself are going downtown tomorrow night look at the queers on 97th street and take poll to see how many are married.

Lighten up... :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You demonstrate your hatred with every post crazymf.

For instance, your last post:

I thought this was supposed to be debating the issue, not toothless blather and disagreement. If you are going to toss the powerful word 'hatred' around, you should back it up, not just tell all the members they're wrong and you're right.

Better yet, come on down to Alberta. IMT and myself are going downtown tomorrow night look at the queers on 97th street and take poll to see how many are married.

Specifically, the way you use the word 'queer'.

First off, if you were to go down and harass Jews, African-Canadians, or Hispanics, surely everybody on this board would be horrified (or should be).

You refer to homosexuals using the derogative word 'queers' -- now I ask you, why is it alright for you to use that word? Do you use the words 'nigger', 'raghead', 'chink', and 'kique'? If so, why havn't I seen you use such words on these boards?

If you don't use such words to refer to them, why do you use the word 'queers' to refer to homosexuals?

Why is it alright to have a different standard for homosexuals as opposed to any other minority?

Moreover, what business is it of yours to harass homosexuals by, I assume, shouting at them and asking about their marital status?

Would you go to a nightclub and take a poll of all the men dancing with women how many of them are actually married? Would you go to a strip club and do such a thing?

I believe that your attitude towards homosexuals is that you think they're inferior, and you're attitude towards them is hateful.

I don't toss the word around lightly.

I know people like you, and people like you are always so shocked when I call you on use of words like 'nigger' and 'queer'...you get away with it for so long in your little friend group, and then you're just so shocked when somebody calls you on it.

Well, times are-a-changin' in Alberta. We'll drag you kicking and screaming into the 21st century one way or another.

I guess you missed the part where I said 'lighten up'. Text has no inflection whatsoever so I'll have to just tell you to believe me that my second last sentence was obviously meant in jest. And nowhere did I infer I was going to shout at anybody.

Just because I use the word 'queer', it does not mean it is in hatred. Sounds to me somebody is a slight tad sensitive here.

Again, lighten up, I may be redneck, which by the way, is a very derogative term in itself, but at least you know where I stand. Why don't you tell me where you stand instead of just shooting me down??

Besides, the post was about red neck Alberta and being anti gay. Well, I'm not anti gay. I'm just anti gay around here. I think gays in Toronto are fine. As a matter of fact, I am in favor of homosexuality in Ontario. It fits.

:D

Ok, ok. Look, my sick sense of humor gets going sometimes. I apologise for the Ontario slashing and also feel like the post has gotten out of hand somewhat regarding this hate thing.

The thread was ripe for a conservative red neck to spout off so I did. Instead of useful debate, my words get twisted and used in whatever context suits the moment.

'Queer' is just a word to me but if it offends some of you, I'll quit using it.

I'm going to leave it at 'I do not agree with gays getting married in the same sense as a man and a woman'. It's not right.

If you're against SSM, you're pro-segregation. 

Truly, the logic is that simple.

Dunno what the hell you were talking about in most of the above, but it's at least comforting you recognize how simplistic your logic is. :rolleyes:

Much better to use fag instead. Surely no one will complain about that. wink.gif

Why don't you use the word that connotes the proper amount of respect? Or is respect no longer a conservative virtue anymore?

Dunno what the hell you were talking about in most of the above, but it's at least comforting you recognize how simplistic your logic is. rolleyes.gif

If you know Brown v. Board of Education, you'd truly realize how simplistic the logic really is.

The simplest logic is often the hardest to break.

Well, I'm not anti gay. I'm just anti gay around here. I think gays in Toronto are fine. As a matter of fact, I am in favor of homosexuality in Ontario. It fits.

This quote matches well with the previous statements regarding Brown v. Board of Education.

Much better to use fag instead. Surely no one will complain about that.  ;)

Unless you're talking about a cigarette, it is also derogatory.

While we're all whining about syntax, I notice no one cares if I get called a redneck, which is a derogatory term in it self. I prefer to be called a traditionalist conservative from now on and will be offended at anything else.

Otherwise, it's queers and fags for you... :D

So what? Maybe I want to be derogatory. It's a free country, isn't it? Is there a rule somewhere which says I have to be respectful towards everyone in it?

So what? Maybe I want to be derogatory. It's a free country, isn't it? Is there a rule somewhere which says I have to be respectful towards everyone in it?

LMAO :D

I must be a sensitive redneck....or is that a contradiction of terms????

It's called 'civil society'.

Maybe your parents didn't teach you about that concept?

Maybe you skipped that week in social studies/civics?

-----------

"Redneck" is a term that I won't use.

I was at the rodeo during Stampede. I had to go because it was a work function, so it wasn't by choice that I supported it.

However, I'll defend rural Albertans, and Calgarians, right to have such a function. It's part of their culture. To them, animals are truly animals, and really, that's their way of life, who am I be an anti-liberal and prohibit them from doing it.

That doesn't mean that I have to support what they do...I'm free not to support it, but you know, tolerance goes both ways in this country.

I prefer to use the term 'rural Albertans', however, one of my closest cohorts is from rural Alberta and she's an NDP'er, as orange as orange could be. Still, I feel as though the term captures nicely the attitudes of most rural albertans.

However, I do request that rural Albertans do one thing though: show urban-liberals the same respect that you show your rural-Albertan neighbors.

What conservatives like Argus forget, which is especially damming because they claim to be conservative yet don't follow its doctrine, is that communities prosper because of common respect.

While you certainly have the RIGHT to be disrespectful constantly, you certainly have some RESPONSIBILITY to be respectful, if not for the sake of the community, but to set an example for the children who enivitably witness such behaviour.

While we're all whining about syntax, I notice no one cares if I get called a redneck, which is a derogatory term in it self. I prefer to be called a traditionalist conservative from now on and will be offended at anything else.

Otherwise, it's queers and fags for you... :D

Check out the name of the thread. The rational perhaps for this thread is that Alberta has been branded as being red-neck and anti-gay. There is a reaon for that. Many have already acknowledged they're anti-gay, and redneck is a name (I don't like it either) used loosely for a radical conservative. I think takeanumber was right on with his comments about civility. And that, to me, is entirely on topic as it relates directly to the reputation Alberta has garnered across the country.

Wow, your so right, I guess between getting called red-neck, stupid, brainwashed, bigoted, and the oh-so-famous cracker I forgot to be sensitive :rolleyes:

You should really stop arguing about words, its stupid and really winds up nowhere.

Civility is not a requirement to be a Canadian, and civility is relative. So here it might not be considered 'civil' to refer to each other as rednecks (actually for most of us we get a kick out of it, because it means 'not Liberal' ;) ) whereas over in the East it is perfectly civil to refer to Albertans in as terrible a fashion as you want =)

You can shove your political correctness and civility right up your own @$$ because it is nothing more than hypocrisy, something I (along with most other Albertans, save the ignorant ones) have learned is very common in left-wing ideologies B)

But cheer up, if it makes you feel better I will 'allow' you to refer to me as a redneck elephant ;)

PS Homosexuals call themselves queers, black people call themselves niggers, so tell me how we are wrong in merely doing as they do? You should care more about the intent than the word =p

Insulting my intelligence now?

Go away...

You need not require my help to do that.

PS Homosexuals call themselves queers, black people call themselves niggers, so tell me how we are wrong in merely doing as they do? You should care more about the intent than the word =p

*some* of them call themselves that.

That does not make it right to disrepect the whole group by you yourself using that word.

*some* of them call themselves that.

That does not make it right to disrepect the whole group by you yourself using that word.

Would you rather me call them homosexuals and then beat them to death for being gay, or call them gay/queer and letting them live?

You gotta look at the intent, the word is not important.

Also, who says I am disrespecting them by using it? Respect is relative.

Wow, your so right, I guess between getting called red-neck, stupid, brainwashed, bigoted, and the oh-so-famous cracker I forgot to be sensitive  :rolleyes:

You should really stop arguing about words, its stupid and really winds up nowhere.

Civility is not a requirement to be a Canadian, and civility is relative. So here it might not be considered 'civil' to refer to each other as rednecks (actually for most of us we get a kick out of it, because it means 'not Liberal' ;) ) whereas over in the East it is perfectly civil to refer to Albertans in as terrible a fashion as you want =)

You can shove your political correctness and civility right up your own @$$ because it is nothing more than hypocrisy, something I (along with most other Albertans, save the ignorant ones) have learned is very common in left-wing ideologies  B)

But cheer up, if it makes you feel better I will 'allow' you to refer to me as a redneck elephant ;)

Again, the above quote is indicative and illustrative of why this thread was initiated.

Would you rather me call them homosexuals and then beat them to death for being gay, or call them gay/queer and letting them live?

So what you're saying is that either you'll beat them to death or you'll demean them by calling them queer.

Thanks for the clarification.

Of course, the option of 'neither' would never occur to you.

You gotta look at the intent, the word is not important.

Your only intent is to demean them. Your previous statement prooves that.

Also, who says I am disrespecting them by using it? Respect is relative.

I say that you are.

And your attitude towards them is very disrespectful, in fact almost criminal, as evidenced by your first quote.