Guess Who Said This

"You have to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from Eastern Canada; people who live in ghettos and are not integrated into Western Canadian society."

Was it a member of:

#1. The N.D.P.

#2. The Liberals.

#3. The Conservatives.

#4. The Communist Party.

"You have to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from Eastern Canada; people who live in ghettos and are not integrated into Western Canadian society."

Why did Paul Martin dump $10,000,000,000 into so-called trust organizations, then make sure the Auditor General wasn't able to audit them, make them immune to the Access to Information Act, and then appoint Liberal Party people to run them?

How much have the Liberals stolen over the past years from those trusts? How many people died for lack of better health care, better crime protection, better environmental protection so the Liberals could pocket taxpayer money?

Why did Paul Martin dump $10,000,000,000 into so-called trust organizations, then make sure the Auditor General wasn't able to audit them, make them immune to the Access to Information Act, and then appoint Liberal Party people to run them?

How much have the Liberals stolen over the past years from those trusts? How many people died for lack of better health care, better crime protection, better environmental protection so the Liberals could pocket taxpayer money?

Right..

And this post has what to do with the topic?

Oh, I see. If the Liberals are crooks, it doesn't matter that the conservatives are bigots. Gotcha.

:rolleyes:

Defeated Montreal-area Liberal candidate Yolande Thibault's campaign called her African-born BQ opponent a N***** after the last election.

As for this...

... the truth is, it's more accurate than most would care to admit. The mistake wasn't in the quote itself, it was saying it out loud.

-kimmy

Defeated Montreal-area Liberal candidate Yolande Thibault's campaign called her African-born BQ opponent a N***** after the last election.

Then she is a bigot or an idiot. Its really not that hard to call a spade a spade; I wish more Conservastives would try it.

As for this...

... the truth is, it's more accurate than most would care to admit. The mistake wasn't in the quote itself, it was saying it out loud.

The quote is absurd, not accurate.

Then she is a bigot or an idiot. Its really not that hard to call a spade a spade; I wish more Conservastives would try it.

:lol: Poor choice of words?

As for this...

The quote is absurd, not accurate.

I failed to notice that Cagerattler couldn't even copy the quote correctly. Here's the full quote, with the omitted part in bold for emphasis.

“I think Chretien just doesn’t care. You’ve got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society.”

I can't vouch for Manitoba or Saskatchewan, but in Alberta the Liberals' holdings are in downtown Edmonton and Millwoods... calling those ridings ethnic ghettos is a touch indelicate, but not far off the mark, particularly when you consider the full meaning of "ghetto" and not the urban gangsta connotation it has developed. And in BC, their turf is confined to the GVA, where caesar of all people has complained about bloc voting by immigrants. I don't think there's any secret that the Liberals are highly dependent on the ethnic vote in a number of ridings, particularly in Vancouver-Surrey, which is why the Sikh Golden Temple's proclamation on same-sex marriage during the PM's trip to Asia was of much concern within the party.

-kimmy

How about... it does not matter because only the leader of any of those parties could speak for the rest of the party.

It was in fact the leader of a party.

I left out this part of the quote ""the ridings the Liberals hold "" because that would have taken away one of the choices I gave.

Notice not one CON servative could admit it was in fact Stephen Harper who said that! :rolleyes:

CAGERATTLER is a Liberal hack willling to defend the liberals despite any evidence or facts.

Just what facts are you talking about? The fact the P.Q.'s also got sponsorship money?

The fact that it was 95% Quebecers who prospered because of the sponsorship program?

Are all the so called political thieves from Quebec? :angry:

The fact that it was 95% Quebecers who prospered because of the sponsorship program?

All the Québécers who were involved in the sponsorchip scandal were federalists. Québécers now consider that federalists give them a bad name. It is a real gift for independantists.

All the Québécers who were involved in the sponsorchip scandal were federalists.

Federalists from where? And who got ALL the contracts?

The fact IS that it was 95% Quebecers who prospered because of the sponsorship program! :o

Mr. Brault is not a federalist. He made millions on this program.

The accusation IS that money was funneled back to the ""QUEBEC WING""of Liberal party!

HELLO!!!! :o

Notice not one CON servative could admit it was in fact Stephen Harper who said that! :rolleyes:

We recognized the quote. It was used often during the election campaign and has been discussed here before too. I just didn't want to ruin your fun.

I left out this part of the quote ""the ridings the Liberals hold "" because that would have taken away one of the choices I gave.

Yeah, and just happened to also change the meaning and remove any context from the quote.

The REAL context of the quote:

Harper (with the NCC at the time) was being interviewed for reaction to Chretien's comment that he would apply some "tough love" to the West. Harper's comment is that he believes Chretien knows his comments wouldn't further reduce Liberal support in the west, because Liberal support in the west was already largely confined to ridings where regional issues are a non-issue with a large portion of the voters.

Bigotted? Not really.

The only judgment made about Asian immigrants is that they tend to vote Liberal. I believe polling tends to support that view.

The assumption that there are regions of cities where minorities gather so that the can live with people like themselves (the real definition of "ghetto") should not be very controversial. Every major city in Canada has a "Chinatown" or something like it. There are parts of every major city in Canada where you won't find English signs on shops. There *are* ethnic enclaves in most major Canadian cities.

Do you have any *real* issues with Harper's quote, or is it just something you hoped would sound "scary"?

-kimmy

Uh huh. Aspersions being cast by someone who routinely whines about the unfair portrayal of conservatives as bigots. This is simply too good.

I thought that most denizens of this forum would know me well enough by now to know that when I "cast aspersions" I don't play around.

I thought I'd been clear that I was kidding. I've already explained myself. I'm sorry you didn't take it in the spirit it was intended. That's about all the apology I can find in my heart to give you.

If you honestly feel I've cast aspersions upon you, then take it up with the Moderator, or perhaps just get over it.

And if you don't honestly feel I've cast aspersions on you but are pretending to because you think you can score some cheap points or something... well, that's sort of lame.

-kimmy

LOL...Does this mean that the Liberals are desparate that they have to go back to the 2000 Federal Election and bring up stupid and foolish quotes?

yes they must be pretty desparate.

What's the other smear going to be CAGERATTLER and when do you get your marching orders from the PMO?

CAGERATTLER is a Liberal hack willling to defend the liberals despite any evidence or facts.

Honestly I find people like him/her quite scary. Like members of the Nazi Party has long has they are in power they are willing to accept anything.

Whether or not you agree with him, at least CAGERATTLER seems to have something to say, and usually manages to cite a quote to support it.

The preceding two quotes were your contribution to this thread.

Other threads I have glanced through today show you spouting more of the same "Dem Liberals, dey are all crooks, eh? Next time 'round, we gonna kick der butts outa Quebec, eh".

Comparing either CAGERATTLER or the Liberals to Nazis shows just how far YOU are willing to stoop to make your non-existant point.

Maybe all you have to offer is slurs. I certainly haven't heard you make any brilliant arguments supporting the BQ.

Why not open a thread and enlighten us all???

If you can't manage to do that, and all you can continue doing is mouthing off about how everyone that is not the BQ is bad, then you're wasting time and bandwidth.