Mike Harris Why Did He Get Voted Out

... with three exceptions; being Bob Rae, David Peterson, and Dalton McGuinty; and we all know how wildly successfull those 3 have been....... :rolleyes:

Yes, David Peterson lead such a successful minority government that he won a majority government. He left shortly after Canada fell into a recession.

Bob Rae entered office when Canada was in a recession. He left shortly after Ontario was experiencing the highest economic growth of any G8 region.

Dalton is continuing to make the best out of the Tory mess. But in case you haven't noticed the recent TTC and Teachers' negotiations would surely have resulted in full-blown strikes under another Tory government (because we've seen it before).

The thing about Canadians is that they can only feeling Canadian when they bad mouth Americans.

Its kinda of sad when one can only be proud of ones nation by bad mouthing another.

Is Canada so viod of culture and history that it can only feel good about itself by not being like America?

Very sad.

No, I feel Canadian when I'm making my backyard ice rink. I feel Canadian when I'm paddling in my canoe. I feel Canadian when I'm unrolling another rim to win.

Maybe my view of history is incorrect, but I don't recall Mike Harris getting voted out. I do remember him resigning and Ernie Yves taking his place.

Of course, the campaign promises of Dalton McGuinty have also slipped my mind, but I suppose this belongs in the Provincial Forum rather than the Federal one.

Maybe my view of history is incorrect, but I don't recall Mike Harris getting voted out. I do remember him resigning and Ernie Yves taking his place.

Jumped ship would be a more accurate description. He knew with Walkerton, Aylmer Meat Packing and the Hydro One executive pay scandal, he'd never get re-elected.

His inner circle was shocked to learn Eves wanted the leadership.

Jumped ship would be a more accurate description. He knew with Walkerton, Aylmer Meat Packing and the Hydro One executive pay scandal, he'd never get re-elected.

His inner circle was shocked to learn Eves wanted the leadership.

Unfortunately in their place we got higher taxes and less services in Ontario, but hey...the kids at McDonalds now make more money.