Another letter from Lloyd Axworthy

You might remember seeing a previous topic on an Open letter to Condi Rice by Lloyd Axworthy.

Or..not.

For those who do, this is an interesting followup from Lloyd. Seems his letter created quite a stir on the blogosphere. That's us.

Blog Diplomacy

Why not bypass the Bushies and talk directly to Americans via the Net?

Thu Mar 10 2005

By LLOYD AXWORTHY

Being blogged is something of a bewildering, if not bewitching, experience.

Shortly after my Open Letter to Condi Rice appeared in View from the West last week, my Blackberry began to hum. Since then, there has been a constant flow -- at times a flood -- of e-mails from around the world offering comments, compliments, critiques and even a few marriage proposals. (My wife wants to know what the trade-in value might be).

The explanation from those who know about such things is that I had been blogged -- my somewhat-cheeky chiding of the U.S. secretary of state had been picked up by various websites and chat-rooms, extending the reach of the written word far beyond the range of this newspaper's circulation.

read the rest here

Nicely done Lloyd! It's great to have you representing the country. We needed a "Fox News-like" approach to get them to pay a little attention, and it worked.

To those of you who would like to hear Lloyd talking about his letter to Condi on the CBC, here's the link:

click on "Listen to Mary Lou's interview with Lloyd Axworthy."]

Class act all the way. He even hoped to exchange a valentine with Condi next year!