Frank McKenna ROCKS!

An article on CTV says Martin will say no to joining the program.

I wonder if McKenna's "slip" was actually meant to say to the Americans that we're in it to a point with the use of NORAD in the BMD program, while Martin can say to Canadians we're not going to join it.

The ever popular intentional mixed message?

I'd almost believe if I didn't think the PMO was so incompetent. :D

in a diplomatic way of course. :)

He's great, fantastic choice. We need someone to be totally blunt with those assholes, in a diplomatic way. He's already doing just that even before taking the post.

What did Mckenna say except that, so far as he can see, we're already in the missle defence thing anyway. In what way does this stroke your anti-american G-spot?

• Forum Admin
We need someone to be totally blunt with those assholes

Regardless of your personal opinion of the American government or its citizens, this isn't intellegant debate.

As is stated in the forum rules and guidelines,

Please respect others using this board by refraining from personal attacks. There is a huge difference between disagreeing with a thought or idea and attacking an individual. We encourage lively debate and intelligent critiques of others viewpoints, not tirades against another poster. Insults are the ammunition of the unintelligent - do not use them.

Cut the petty insults out.

Greg

Admin

What did Mckenna say except that, so far as he can see, we're already in the missle defence thing anyway. In what way does this stroke your anti-american G-spot?

I'm not anti-American. If I'm against the Bush administration that makes me anti-American?

Have another glass of koolaid.

I note that you failed utterly to answer the question, put both by myself and another, and have instead resorted to childish sneers. I'm starting to see a resemblance to a previous poster who acted the same way. Would you care to tell us who else you've been here?

We need someone to be totally blunt with those assholes

Regardless of your personal opinion of the American government or its citizens, this isn't intellegant debate.

I resent that.

It's clear I'm talking only about the Bush administration. An ambassador is primarily sent to communicate to a government.

As well, if you remove the word "assholes" the rest is intelligent debate.

We DO need someone to be totally blunt with the American government.

I do apologize for the profanity.

I note that you failed utterly to answer the question, put both by myself and another, and have instead resorted to childish sneers. I'm starting to see a resemblance to a previous poster who acted the same way. Would you care to tell us who else you've been here?

It looks like common trend with anticlimates eh?

Perhaps we shouls just stop feeding the troll ;)

Guest eureka

McKenna is a prime example of how not to appoint ambassadors. The trend in Canada and the US to now reward ex-politicians with ambassadorial positions may be one of the reasons for the decline of both nations in their conduct of foreign affairs.

It is also one very good reason that the brightest no longer enter government foreign service. Their career opportunities are limited.

Ambassadors, of necessity, must sink their egos: politicians can't. McKenna has allowed his ego to compromise his position even before officially taking up the post.

I'm not anti-American. If I'm against the Bush administration that makes me anti-American?

Have another glass of koolaid.

Oh, sorry. Missed this. Thanks to Stoker for drumming it up.

To answer your question as to why I didn't answer your question....

I don't feel obliged to answer questions that are posed to me along with insults. Feel free to do the same to me.

Note also that I asked a question regarding your insult.

Let me requote it for you:

I'm not anti-American.  If I'm against the Bush administration that makes me anti-American?

I note that you failed utterly to answer the question

;)

QUOTE=Argus,Feb 27 2005, 09:01 PM]

To answer your question as to why I didn't answer your question....

I don't feel obliged to answer questions that are posed to me along with insults. Feel free to do the same to me.

;)

So let me see if I've got this straight. You start a thread to trumpet what a great guy McKenna is for telling the Americans off. But no one else can remember him telling the Americans off, and when we ask you refuse to tell us what he said. Does that pretty much sum things up?

QUOTE=Argus,Feb 27 2005, 09:01 PM

So let me see if I've got this straight. You start a thread to trumpet what a great guy McKenna is for telling the Americans off. But no one else can remember him telling the Americans off

That was your attempt to get it straight? :blink:

I said he was telling them "wazzup", not telling them "off".

Little bit of a leap you're making. Seems to be the norm from the right.

Anticlimates; What do you know about McKenna other than you think he will put the Americans/Bush in his place. How do you think you are trying to kid? He was the Premier of New Brunswick, where I reside, for 10 looooong years and we we glad to see his back on the way out the door. All he did while in office was feather his personal nest with the corporate sector for when he left office. It worked because he was immediately named to the Board's of numerous multinational corporations, in fact he just gave up those directorships to accept the Ambassador's job. He will not want to offend anyone remotely associated with the corporate world including George W. Bush, or his Vice-President, simply because someday he will probably be looking for more lucrative appointments.

McKenna stepped down before he had to face the electorate again. I think he saw the writing on the wall, because his replacement took the Province into an election shortly after MCkenna left and they lost almost every seat in the Province. Before McKenna stepped down as Premier, he dismantled the health care and education systems in New Brunswick, and they have still not recovered. The thought of McKenna having another position of power leaves a bad taste in the mouth's of many. I trust McKenna about as far as I can throw him.

Anticlimates; What do you know about McKenna other than you think he will put the Americans/Bush in his place.

Twice in a row I have to waste time correcting a misreprentation of myself.

I have never said I think he will "put the Americans/Bush in his place".

Come on people, let's step up the reading comprehension a little! You're polluting the thread with false garbage that just causes corrections to be made.....none of which has anything to do with the topic.