Trump vs. Obama for U.S. Mid-term Elections

On 11/8/2018 at 10:36 AM, DogOnPorch said:

Well she bloody entertaining...which means she should stay on Fox. But she and Trump are friends beyond politics, apparently.

As far as I know, Trump has no friends. He has people who suck up to him, but that's about it. I doubt he ever met her before he became president and doubt she'd have any interest him him otherwise.

1 minute ago, Argus said:

As far as I know, Trump has no friends. He has people who suck up to him, but that's about it. I doubt he ever met her before he became president and doubt she'd have any interest him him otherwise.

They've been friends for decades.

23 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

It better. That's why a guy like Trump resonated with so many people. They were tired of not being listened to.

I agree. They were also tired of being lectured to and told how awful they are, by politicians catering to identity groups. Clinton exemplified that sort of thing.

Unfortunately, Trump is a moron with virtually every character flaw known to mankind. I struggle to find even one good thing to say about Trump, and fail. He demeans the very idea of conservatism, and the lickspittle Republicans in congress, many of whom seem to be barely hanging onto sanity with their fingernails don't help by abandoning almost every tenet of both social and fiscal conservatism. I fear this is going to push a lot of people into the arms of the Left, and that the next president is going to be some kind of lefty identity politics lunatic like Warren.

Edited by Argus

Just now, Argus said:

Cite? Why would anyone be friends with a craven, narcissistic, ignorant bragging bully like Trump?

Cite yourself. Pirro's husband was...maybe still is...one of Trump's real estate lawyers. Old chums from...oh...the 1980s, I think.

5 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

Cite yourself. Pirro's husband was...maybe still is...one of Trump's real estate lawyers. Old chums from...oh...the 1980s, I think.

It appears that Trump has enjoyed only lesser friendships, and those cannot be counted on because they are based on pleasure and usefulness. Once the pleasure and usefulness are gone so is the friendship. Our friends in the world are finding they cannot count on Trump, and that is part of the downside of his transactional approach to friendship.

Washington Post reporters Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher, the co-authors of “Trump Revealed,” explain that Trump “never really had close friends” and that as far back as 1980 he said: “My business is so all-encompassing that I don’t really get the pleasure of being with friends that much, frankly.”

Aristotle believed that nothing is so characteristic of true friends as wanting to spend time together, but Trump told Kranish and Fisher that he had many friends, “but they’re not friends like perhaps other people have friends, where they’re together all the time and they go out to dinner all the time.” You know, like actual friends.

Trump also confirmed that his so-called friendships are based on either usefulness or pleasure when he added “Most of my friendships are business-related because those are the only people I meet. The people I meet, really, I guess I could say socially, when you go out to a charity event or something.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-perspec-friends-trump-enemies-allies-0607-20180606-story.html

Edited by Argus

2 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your lawyer is not your friend. Just ask Michael Cohen. How long did that everlasting, lifelong friendship last when times got hard?

3 minutes ago, Argus said:

Your lawyer is not your friend. Just ask Michael Cohen. How long did that everlasting, lifelong friendship last when times got hard?

Oh whatever...my point has been made. 

A firebrand that would frighten Democrats for decades to come. I'd like that. 

:lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Argus said:

I agree. They were also tired of being lectured to and told how awful they are, by politicians catering to identity groups. Clinton exemplified that sort of thing.

Unfortunately, Trump is a moron with virtually every character flaw known to mankind. I struggle to find even one good thing to say about Trump, and fail. He demeans the very idea of conservatism, and the lickspittle Republicans in congress, many of whom seem to be barely hanging onto sanity with their fingernails don't help by abandoning almost every tenet of both social and fiscal conservatism. I fear this is going to push a lot of people into the arms of the Left, and that the next president is going to be some kind of lefty identity politics lunatic like Warren.

That's the danger that Stephen Harper speaks of in his book "Right Here, Right Now.......". It's an excellent read with lots of insight into how we got here and how we can move forward. It's a good read - $25 at Chapters. As for Harper, I'll say this about him...."You don't know what you've got till it's gone".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -TSS- said:

Unbelievable that Pocahontas still got elected after she was made to look a fool after the DNA test-episode. 

The party of family values elected a dead pimp in Nevada, as well as two congressmen under federal indictments.

and N.J. elected  Democratic Bob Menendez,  known for federal bribery and fraud charges.

ETA:  

Broward County is a disgrace to the U.S.

Brenda Snipes is allowing ballots to be filled out illegally  but get this; the Sherriff overseeing the criminal enforcement is the coward  Scott Israel who is mainly responsible for errors that caused the arkland shooting.  

Edited by scribblet

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

Broward County is a disgrace to the U.S.

Brenda Snipes is allowing ballots to be filled out illegally  but get this; the Sherriff overseeing the criminal enforcement is the coward  Scott Israel who is mainly responsible for errors that caused the arkland shooting.  

Evidence? No, I didn't think so.

43 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

Bet it wouldn't be a 'whoopsie' if Republicans did it. 

Palm Beach County is playing games as well.   The attorney for Scott says file received from Broward cannot be opened as the file appears to be corrupted.  If you don’t think the counting/ recounting over and over in   Broward and  Palm Beach Counties is a big deal,  or an indication of corruption, just  go back in time to the Norm Coleman - Al Franken Senate race, where votes (incl. illegal felon votes) for Franken almost magically kept being added until Franken won.

DrqLDIGXgAIUZRP.jpg

On 10/27/2018 at 12:27 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Can't wait for all the CBC LIVE ! news coverage of a foreign election.  

I wonder why American networks do not cover Canadian federal elections with equal vigour ?

The CBC has now gone bonkers on the Acosta affair. Every hour of every day now they have to give their leftist liberal opinions on the war between Trump and Acosta. Why? Why should they give a chit anyway? The CBC is obvious so anti- Trump. They just cannot wait for another incident of some kind that involves Trump to be able to put in their two Canadian useless pesos. 

Indeed, we do not see the American news networks showing any concern at all about what goes on in Canadian politics and why should they. It is none of their business anyway like the CBC likes to make American news their business. Who cares what some CBC so called reporter or journalist has to say about American politics. The only reason why so many Canadians despise Trump so much is thanks to the Canadian leftists liberal media who has made Trump look like enemy #1. Otherwise if the Canadian media minded their own bloody business most Canadians would not give a crap about what Trump says or does. The CBC leftists liberals wanted Hillary to win. Canadians seem to give more of a chit about American politics rather than about Canadian politics thanks to the likes of the CBC. The CBC could find plenty to bitch about as to what goes on in Canada. I can find at least two stories a day that I could report on as to what our dear leaders are doing every day. But hey. 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, Truth Detector said:

Sounds like a simple, unimportant error.

3 hours ago, Argus said:

Sounds like a simple, unimportant error.

You know that acknowledging simple reality doesn’t mean support for Trump right?

Here’s some more “unimportant errors” involving the same person in question.

Broward elections supervisor illegally destroyed ballots in Wasserman Schultz race, judge rules

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/fl-sb-broward-elections-supervisor-broke-law-snipes-canova-20180514-story.html

Elections chief Snipes ordered to change handling of mail-in ballots

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-sb-broward-judge-rules-against-snipes-20180813-story.html

Why you feel the need to continue to make excuses for incompetent and possibly corrupt government election officials is beyond me.  Is it because you you’re afraid of it being interpreted as support for Republicans?

1 hour ago, Truth Detector said:

You know that acknowledging simple reality doesn’t mean support for Trump right?

I deleted all that crap because you were shouting. I don't like being shouted at. People who shout seldom make any sense so there's really no point in listening.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 6:19 PM, Truth Detector said:

Unbiased rulings I'm sure. From your article:

Norris-Weeks called the rulings the work of a “politically active judge.” She earlier sought to have Singhal recused from the absentee ballot case because the judge had been a member of the Republican Executive Committee, but that request was denied.