Looking for Anti-American Canadians

2 hours ago, Carbon882 said:

Does anyone know of or want to form a group of Anti-American Canadians? I really want to get involved about what we can do as soon as possible.

So what do you think you can do, as you put it? Sit around and argue over who hates Americans more? Stomp your feet in futile rage while your blood pressure rises as you slowely start to realize that normal people think you're a bunch of dinks? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AngusThermopyle said:

So what do you think you can do, as you put it? Sit around and argue over who hates Americans more? Stomp your feet in futile rage while your blood pressure rises as you slowely start to realize that normal people think you're a bunch of dinks? 

The United States is becoming a threat, they are becoming Authoritarian. They are imprisoning people for cheap labor, abusing human rights more and more as well as removing civil protections.

They threatened to Ruin Ontario's Economy and there are people in the United States who want Alberta to succeed. The United States will also want our Water supply and are gonna be increasingly desperate for it in the near future.

The world is very volatile in times like these so I think talking with like minded people would be a good place to start on figuring out what to do.

3 hours ago, Carbon882 said:

Does anyone know of or want to form a group of Anti-American Canadians? I really want to get involved about what we can do as soon as possible.

Have you tried Al Qaeda...or ISIS ?   I hear they are looking for new membership because the evil Americans have rained bombs on them.

OTOH, lots of loyal Canadians also hate Toronto/Ontariario.

• Haha 1

This thread is dangerous.  Most Americans are reasonable and decent people.  They're quite similar to Canadians and there's no reason to drive a wedge with this kind of talk.  In some ways there are two Americas these days, Democrat and Republican.  Canada has an easer relationship generally with the former, though the U.S. under Reagan and Canada under Mulroney got along swimmingly.

2 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

I don't think this thread is dangerous, because Canadians consume so much American media and culture, even their anti-American rhetoric comes from the....United States.

Thankfully the CRTC and our trade agreements, including USMCA, protect us from overconsuming U.S. media.

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Thankfully the CRTC and our trade agreements, including USMCA, protect us from overconsuming U.S. media.

That's the funny part about this thread...no other country in the world consumes as much American media content as does Canada....it is a Canadian value !

• Haha 1

Just now, Zeitgeist said:

Hey, we're selling a lot of content down there too.  You probably don't know it's Canadian.

Oh...we know...the production budgets and standards are often much lower, especially for government funded CanCon programming.  When credits roll at the end of the program, there is often a big fat Canadian flag logo.    Cute !

American media dominates Canada....because Canadians want American "content"....enough to steal it when necessary.

7 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Oh...we know...the production budgets and standards are often much lower, especially for government funded CanCon programming.  When credits roll at the end of the program, there is often a big fat Canadian flag logo.    Cute !

American media dominates Canada....because Canadians want American "content"....enough to steal it when necessary.

If our production standards are so low, why do Americans keep making films in Canada, on some of the world's best sound stages?

2 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Hey, a few years ago one Canadian dollar was worth $1.10 US.  I know that's unusual, but peso is an exaggeration.  What's your beef with Canada anyway?

Same as your beef with the USA...see how that works ?

I use to think that it must be a bummer to hear/read the value of the Canadian dollar always expressed in terms of USD, but then I realized this has been normalized for generations in Canada...it is expected in Canadian media.

"Canadian peso" is not my invention...it has been standard jargon since the mid-1990's.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Carbon882 said:

And what exactly do you expect to accomplish other than baying at the moon?

On 10/23/2018 at 10:09 PM, Zeitgeist said:

Very true.  Lots of obliviousness and bravado down there as they blow borrowed money and try to recreate old times that weren't that great.. 

Good enough for 100,000+  Canadians....they are much better organized than the America haters:

Edited by bush_cheney2004