Caravan Now 7K Strong

29 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Your the one that says they're all terrorists and gang members. 

My point is simple: bow to an caravan full of border jumpers bent on breaking the law...expect a bigger caravan next week.

And my point is they've been bowing to them for the past two years. Where's that Wall? 

This Caravan talk is just to gin up fear from the base and help retain the Senate. The MAGA crowd is getting played. Trump has moved on to picking fights with France and lying about the state of North Korea's Nuclear program. 

Edited by Boges

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Maybe Trudeau will send some Canadian buses down to get them...and their luggage of course !

Should be lots of idle Greyhound Canada buses available right now, eh ?

Well that would stand in the way of George Sorros' plot to get them in the country and immediately vote Democrat. :lol:

3 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Not thread drift...we're talking about illegals who want to cross the border illegally.   

Don't you want to welcome them all to Canada ?   

It's starting to look like it from my POV. 

We have some lovely KOA campsites they can squat at until Trudeau arrives with free parkas and cash.

4 minutes ago, scribblet said:

They can't seek asylum if they have refused asylum offered by Mexico.. 

It's more complex than that as the local Mexican governments...mayors...police...etc...are pretty much assisting things along to get the caravan out of THEIR region. Plus...there's lots of stuff to eat/drink at various stops provided by...well...who knows? We aren't allowed to state the bleedin' obvious lest we be branded 'conspiracy theorists'. But they sure didn't want to talk to David Menzies who was on the ground travelling with the caravan. As were a few other more intrepid reporters. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, scribblet said:

They can't seek asylum if they have refused asylum offered by Mexico.. 

To add...I just watched an interview with the border honcho in San Diego who said exactly that. They'll be processed like any applicants and likely refused for rejecting safe haven in Mexico.

18 minutes ago, DogOnPorch said:

Apparently...the first elements of the caravan have reached the border. Just like German Panzers in France...don't go by old timetables to predict movement.

I was reading a story this morning on the BBC site about some Iranians who stole a fishing boat in France, and used it to get to the UK. About twenty of them. Were they immediately shipped back? Of course not! They have to be allowed to claim asylum, and then released into the streets. So they got what they wanted. And so will these people, most likely. Once they set foot across the border the lawyers take over, wringing their hands with glee at racking up more fees.

I've come to the conclusion that western countries are going to have to repudiate that UN agreement on asylum. Things are likely to get worse, and if we just let in anyone who claims asylum and then - God help us - let the lawyers at it, by the time anything is settled they'll already BE settled with children and grandchildren born here. Most need to be turned away at the border, and the remainder need to be put in camps until a decision is made. And we need to keep the damn lawyers out of it.

Edited by Argus
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Wilber said:

Something is still coming but yesterday they still had 2500 km to go, so who knows what it will look like by the time it gets to the border. So yes it was but it ain't over yet.

I suspect the first marchers will be stuck at the border and before long we'll see the development of a new refugee"city" that's comparable to refugee "camps" in the Middle East.

We'll probably see something comparable developing on the Canada/US border when climate change effects harden up.

On 11/11/2018 at 6:31 PM, Wilber said:

They will have to won't they. I'm not saying the Americans should let them in, I just don't blame them for trying.

Well this is one thing I agree with Dog on ... there are proper ways to enter the nation and a process to become a citizen.  I am against illegal immigration, I am ALL for LEGAL immigration. 

Setting a precedent here to let 10K plus people with this batch means the next waves will get larger and larger.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, GostHacked said:

Well this is one thing I agree with Dog on ... there are proper ways to enter the nation and a process to become a citizen.  I am against illegal immigration, I am ALL for LEGAL immigration. 

Setting a precedent here to let 10K plus people with this batch means the next waves will get larger and larger.

Exactly and I believe the majority of people feel the same way, legal immigration is one thing, an organized invasion is another, that they are  shuttled in on buses  gives credence to this being organized.   We cannot take in the world's refugees genuine or otherwise, if we did, we too would become a third world country.   

The first group hit the border wall yesterday, shuttled in on buses. This is an organized invasion. https://globalnews.ca/news/4664447/migrant-caravan-tijuana-u-s-border/

More info here, it is moving at an accelerated pace - will be interesting to see how they handle a few thousand when it arrives shortly. 

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/migrant-caravan-800-central-americans-reach-us-border/news-story/d3f16c6b37235c3bc3fa68d9052420ff

At least eight migrants crossed into the US, and were promptly arrested by border patrol officers, an AFP correspondent said. Under a new executive order Trump issued last week, such migrants will not be allowed to apply for asylum, and face automatic deportation

Edited by scribblet
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Truth Detector said:

I know what Trump's plan is for illegal immigration.  But what's the Democrat's plan?  

Let 'em all in...give 'em free stuff...register them to vote as you don't need citizenship to do so in their opinion.