Should Incest be a crime?

Argus

13 hours ago, blackbird said:

Another consideration is that incest today almost always involves a pre-pubescent or powerless victim, and the perpetrator is abusing his or her authority with the goal of unilateral sexual pleasure.

That would be a criminal act.  Wrong in any culture or religion. I didn't see any argument in this thread for that.

9 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

That would be a criminal act.  Wrong in any culture or religion. I didn't see any argument in this thread for that.

Any form of incest is diabolical according to the Bible and common sense.  It is depravity.  It is self destructive of the individuals doing it.  It is strong self poison and contrary to civilized society.  

"29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: {without natural…: or unsociable} 32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:29-32 KJB

Edited by blackbird

12 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Any form of incest is diabolical according to the Bible and common sense.  It is depravity.  It is self destructive of the individuals doing it.  It is strong self poison and contrary to civilized society.  

"29  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, 30  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: {without natural…: or unsociable} 32  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." Romans 1:29-32 KJB

Yes, but you're the only one invoking the Bible.  To many the Bible is no authority at all, and should only apply to those for whom it is.  By all means, don't indulge in incest.  I'm sure as hell never going to.  It doesn't take a Bible.

But I don't presume to control the actions of others, in cases where consent is mutual and harm is zero.

3 hours ago, bcsapper said:

Yes, but you're the only one invoking the Bible.  To many the Bible is no authority at all, and should only apply to those for whom it is.  By all means, don't indulge in incest.  I'm sure as hell never going to.  It doesn't take a Bible.

But I don't presume to control the actions of others, in cases where consent is mutual and harm is zero.

Quote:

Does the Bible apply to everyone? - Is it for everyone?

Bible Question:

Does the Bible apply to non-Christians?

Bible Answer:

The Bible refers to itself as the Scriptures, the Word of the Lord, the Word of God, the Word of Truth, the Word of Christ and the Word of Life, for example. 2 Peter 1:20-21 states that God the Holy Spirit wrote it. But who was it written for? Our question is, “Does the Bible apply to non-Christians?”

The Bible Is For Everyone

These Things Were Written

The answer to the question is, “Does the Bible apply to non-Christians?” is yes! For example, the gospel of John was written so that people would believe Jesus is the Christ. That is, Jesus is the future ruler and king over the entire world. He is also the one who died on a cross so that we could have our sins forgiven and gain eternal life. The gospel of John is for everyone. Here is the passage that tells us the gospel of John was written for everyone.

Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. John 20:30-31 (NASB)

John 1:12; 3:16, 36 was written to everyone, that includes non-Christians, to inform them that they can have their sins forgiven.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:12-13 (NASB)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NASB)

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:16 (NASB)

Notice that we are told “But as many as received Him,” “that whoever believes in Him” and “He who believes in the Son has eternal life” are written for everyone, including non-Christians.

Faith Comes By The Word of God

Romans 10:14-17 is a beautiful passage that reveals people become Christians by hearing the Word of Christ, that is, the Bible.

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “ LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10:14-17 (NASB)

In this passage Christians are encouraged to share the good news from the Bible about Jesus Christ to everyone because no one will believe in Christ unless someone tells them. We need to tell others what is written in the Bible about Jesus. We should notice that “How Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things” is quoted from Isaiah 52:7. This means the principle of teaching non-believers and believers the Word of God exists in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible was written for everyone and not just for Christians.

Acts 1:8 is another wonderful passage since it teaches us that God wants us to spread the good news about Jesus Christ, which is in the Bible, to the entire world.

. . . but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1:8 (NASB)

Here we learn that Jesus commanded the disciples to spread the good news in the city, county and state in which we live. We are told to also share the good news to people in nations near us and around the world.

In Matthew 28:19-20, it is very clear that Christians are to teach the Bible to everyone throughout the world.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20 (NASB)

Finally, in the book of Jonah we discover that God loves the world. God commanded Jonah to preach to the city of Nineveh and urge them to repent. Eventually, Jonah went to the city and preached the message that God gave him. When he did so, the city repented.

Conclusion:

In the book of Revelation, we are told that during the future tribulation period, the angels of heaven will be preaching the gospel to the entire world.

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, “ Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.” Revelation 14:6-7 (NASB)

Therefore, we conclude that the Bible is for everyone in the world. If they reject the Bible or refuse to hear it, then they will go to hell. They alone will be responsible for their eternal destiny.

Does the Bible apply to non-Christians? - Is it for everyone? | NeverThirsty  Unquote

Edited by blackbird

53 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Quote:

Does the Bible apply to everyone? - Is it for everyone?

Bible Question:

Does the Bible apply to non-Christians?

Bible Answer:

The Bible refers to itself as the Scriptures, the Word of the Lord, the Word of God, the Word of Truth, the Word of Christ and the Word of Life, for example. 2 Peter 1:20-21 states that God the Holy Spirit wrote it. But who was it written for? Our question is, “Does the Bible apply to non-Christians?”

The Bible Is For Everyone

These Things Were Written

The answer to the question is, “Does the Bible apply to non-Christians?” is yes! For example, the gospel of John was written so that people would believe Jesus is the Christ. That is, Jesus is the future ruler and king over the entire world. He is also the one who died on a cross so that we could have our sins forgiven and gain eternal life. The gospel of John is for everyone. Here is the passage that tells us the gospel of John was written for everyone.

Therefore many other signs Jesus also performed in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. John 20:30-31 (NASB)

John 1:12; 3:16, 36 was written to everyone, that includes non-Christians, to inform them that they can have their sins forgiven.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.  John 1:12-13 (NASB)

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16 (NASB)

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him. John 3:16 (NASB)

Notice that we are told “But as many as received Him,” “that whoever believes in Him” and “He who believes in the Son has eternal life” are written for everyone, including non-Christians.

Faith Comes By The Word of God

Romans 10:14-17 is a beautiful passage that reveals people become Christians by hearing the Word of Christ, that is, the Bible.

How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!” However, they did not all heed the good news; for Isaiah says, “ LORD, WHO HAS BELIEVED OUR REPORT?” So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ. Romans 10:14-17 (NASB)

In this passage Christians are encouraged to share the good news from the Bible about Jesus Christ to everyone because no one will believe in Christ unless someone tells them. We need to tell others what is written in the Bible about Jesus. We should notice that “How Beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things” is quoted from Isaiah 52:7. This means the principle of teaching non-believers and believers the Word of God exists in both the Old and New Testaments. The Bible was written for everyone and not just for Christians.

Acts 1:8 is another wonderful passage since it teaches us that God wants us to spread the good news about Jesus Christ, which is in the Bible, to the entire world.

. . . but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth. Acts 1:8 (NASB)

Here we learn that Jesus commanded the disciples to spread the good news in the city, county and state in which we live. We are told to also share the good news to people in nations near us and around the world.

In Matthew 28:19-20, it is very clear that Christians are to teach the Bible to everyone throughout the world.

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20 (NASB)

Finally, in the book of Jonah we discover that God loves the world. God commanded Jonah to preach to the city of Nineveh and urge them to repent. Eventually, Jonah went to the city and preached the message that God gave him. When he did so, the city repented.

Conclusion:

In the book of Revelation, we are told that during the future tribulation period, the angels of heaven will be preaching the gospel to the entire world.

And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, “ Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.” Revelation 14:6-7 (NASB)

Therefore, we conclude that the Bible is for everyone in the world. If they reject the Bible or refuse to hear it, then they will go to hell. They alone will be responsible for their eternal destiny.

Does the Bible apply to non-Christians? - Is it for everyone? | NeverThirsty  Unquote

The Bible only applies to those who choose to have it apply to them. 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:34 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

For sure....this forum already discussed the topic back when Canada gave asylum to a Florida women who had sex with a male teen.   I guess Ms. Hot Pants is now living happily ever after in Canada but can never return to the United States to get it on with more American teens...just Canadian teens !

I wish that when I was a young teen some older hot pants of a woman had sex with me. Older women would be such great sex teachers for young teen males. I doubt that any young teen would ever complain or say anything if it did happen to them. But sadly, it never happened to me. :(

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

And yet here you are commenting.

Yes because I am a new member and I commented to make sure that everthing works, if there are still active members etc.

Then when I whrite or comment I don't realy waste my time because I'm also learning English even If I'm not good at languages.

Then the question it is too obvious so I think it is a good idea to post here but one moment I stop to post in this kind of topic.

18 minutes ago, Jean-Kevin said:

1) I'm also learning English even If I'm not good at languages.

2) Then the question it is too obvious so I think it is a good idea to post here but one moment I stop to post in this kind of topic.

1) Ok.  Well you have learned what incest is now
2) Ok.  Well your opinion is noted then.  If you're looking for other incest threads you will likely be disappointed.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Stumbled upon this thread.

While visiting Vienna a few years ago, I learned of the Hapsburgs and the incredible empire they spawned. From the 1500's till the early part of 1900's the Hapsburgs ruled Europe..... by inbreeding. Or, by incest if you wish to call it that.

Inbreeding is still quite common even in North America.

The Hapsburgs were very religious as are the rural people in North America where it is common. The bible teachings were or are being ignored.

6 hours ago, ExFlyer said:

Stumbled upon this thread.

While visiting Vienna a few years ago, I learned of the Hapsburgs and the incredible empire they spawned. From the 1500's till the early part of 1900's the Hapsburgs ruled Europe..... by inbreeding. Or, by incest if you wish to call it that.

Inbreeding is still quite common even in North America.

The Hapsburgs were very religious as are the rural people in North America where it is common. The bible teachings were or are being ignored.

The OT didn't exactly discourage incest, probably because "God" wasn't yet aware of the damage it caused.  

12 hours ago, dialamah said:

The OT didn't exactly discourage incest, probably because "God" wasn't yet aware of the damage it caused.  

OT? I am presuming old Testament?

I was speaking of the Hapsburg empire and kings and queens and princes and princesses and almost all royalty in Europe, even today where some royalty can trace it's lineage to the Hapsburgs.

Pedophilia is a rape or sexual assault of an adult on a minor and incest is really not something you can naturally decide to do. Incest is done because of a religious indoctrination etc. (example with the religion of Rael where there is the insect with the pedophilia combined) or ideological type to create a human line of pure blood.   

To talk about the normalization of gay marriage as if it were the same or comparable with the normalization of pedophilia and the insect is at best trolling.  

Edited by Jean-Kevin
  • Confused 1

On 4/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, Michael Hardner said:

Perfect circle of logic.  

Why do you post here ? 

Because I want to. Why the animosity?  Insecure on your intellect that you need to put others down to feel good about yourself?  Reading and responding to your comments a waste of time and a crime!