Jump to content

Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation


WestCanMan

Recommended Posts

I've been thinking, once it became clear that Kavanaugh would meet resistance from the Democrats, the GOP should have re-nominated Garland. The Democrats would have had a hard time opposing him. It should have go through smoothly and it would have spared Dr. Ford, Justice Kavanaugh and his family, and the US a lot of pain. President Trump would have his victory and the Court would be spared any hint of controversy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I've been thinking, once it became clear that Kavanaugh would meet resistance from the Democrats, the GOP should have re-nominated Garland. The Democrats would have had a hard time opposing him. It should have go through smoothly and it would have spared Dr. Ford, Justice Kavanaugh and his family, and the US a lot of pain. President Trump would have his victory and the Court would be spared any hint of controversy.

 

No, the politics of Garland's expired nomination would not allow for that.   

Why would Trump nominate a previous Obama nominee, regardless of the Ford-Kavanaugh drama ?

There is a lot of esoteric background on the process, like the Thurmond Rule, Biden Rule, and Democrat's decision to change Senate rules for super-majority voting (so called nuclear option) that came back to bite them in the ass.   Kavanaugh and Ford just happened to be the current pawns in this longstanding game.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2018 at 2:11 PM, betsy said:

This is a surprise!  No one expected this kind of speech!

 

Here full written speech here:

 

https://twitter.com/SenatorCollins?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

 

 

Right after this speech........Democrat Manchin said he'll vote to confirm Kavanaugh!

What a long and boring speech. It's like watching someone take forever to look at the menu, asking about the different options and then finally ordering what they always order. 

Curious to see what Manchin will get out of this. I suspect it's because he's from a red state and he wants to lessen the potential of an energized republican voters in the coming elections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now, let's talk about the backlash.  Both sides - blue and red - are claiming to be the tsunami come this midterm election.   I'm putting my money on the Red tsunami, for these reasons:

1)  For all their bravado, the Democrats doesn't really have much going for them.  All they did was inflame the anti-Trumps into a frenzy - but they aren't going to vote Republicans anyway, with or without Kavanaugh!

 

2) The Democrats are counting on the Metoo movement - but women who support Metoo are not really sold on it.  Objective MeToo supporters question the way Kavanaugh (and his wife and children along with him), were unfairly and viciously treated......on national tv.

   Some MeToo supporters could very well see how the Democrats had mocked REAL victims of sexual assault/rape......by making a caricature out of Christine Blasey Ford.

As Ford's testimony fell apart, women see too how  the Democrats' tactic could now harm real victims of assault/rape.

 

3)  A lot of women see Christine Blasey Ford ill-used by the Democrats!  Her request for confidentiality was ignored, she was thrown to the wolves.  By whom?   The person responsible for leaking  her name could only come from either Feinstein, Feinstein's staff, or her own lawyers.

 

4)  That speech by Collins - don't underestimate it.  She was eloquently talking to everyone.......especially, to ALL WOMEN!

 

5)  What happened to Kavanaugh sends a chill down everyone's spine.  Women - no matter what stripes they wear - have a son, or a husband, or a father, or a brother to protect.   Lucky that the Kavanaughs have powerful people to rally behind them.  Kavanaugh is an expert on legalities and understands the law.  He's rich, too.     But what about us ordinary people?  Imagine how it will be if your husband is fired from his job - your family's life turned upside down - based simply on an uncorroborated allegation.  Condemned.  With reputations tattered! 

Women see their fathers, husbands, sons.....in the shoes of Kavanaugh!   I bet, a lot of folks have been talking about this at their dinner table.

 

6)  A big chunk of the APOLITICAL populace must be enraged by the treatment of Kavanaugh.   They saw the chilling, utter disregard by the Democrats for men who are falsely accused.  

They must see a future of a society that puts politics over the principles of fairness, due process, and presumption of innocence.  I bet, a lot of folks have been talking about this at their dinner table.  Many will want to send a strong message, and many will want to put a stop to this dangerous precedence.

 

  7)  What about the men? What do men of all ages think about this?

How many men are silently going back to their high school years - maybe even in their kindergarten years - trying to recall whatever they may have done that could haunt them in the future?
How many men who'd done stupid things like getting drunk 30 years ago, are sweating bullets right now?
 

8) The Reps have a powerful weapon to use in their campaign(s) or rallies.   They now really have a good reason to demonize the Dems!  It will ring true!

 

 

 

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Queenmandy85 said:

I've been thinking, once it became clear that Kavanaugh would meet resistance from the Democrats, the GOP should have re-nominated Garland. The Democrats would have had a hard time opposing him. It should have go through smoothly and it would have spared Dr. Ford, Justice Kavanaugh and his family, and the US a lot of pain. President Trump would have his victory and the Court would be spared any hint of controversy.

Why are you being logical and engaging in common sense?  Stop it!  I mean you could become contagious and then Lord knows what could happen-peace, tolerance, level headed thinking. Good God stop!

 

Edited by Rue
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Now, let's talk about the backlash.  Both sides - blue and red - are claiming to be the tsunami come this midterm election.   I'm putting my money on the Red tsunami, for these reasons:

1)  For all their bravado, the Democrats doesn't really have much going for them.  All they did was inflame the anti-Trumps into a frenzy - but they aren't going to vote Republicans anyway, with or without Kavanaugh!

 

2) The Democrats are counting on the Metoo movement - but women who support Metoo are not really sold on it.  Objective MeToo supporters question the way Kavanaugh (and his wife and children along with him), were unfairly and viciously treated......on national tv.

   Some MeToo supporters could very well see how the Democrats had mocked REAL victims of sexual assault/rape......by making a caricature out of Christine Blasey Ford.

As Ford's testimony fell apart, women see too how  the Democrats' tactic could now harm real victims of assault/rape.

 

3)  A lot of women see Christine Blasey Ford ill-used by the Democrats!  Her request for confidentiality was ignored, she was thrown to the wolves.  By whom?   The person responsible for leaking  her name could only come from either Feinstein, Feinstein's staff, or her own lawyers.

 

4)  That speech by Collins - don't underestimate it.  She was eloquently talking to everyone.......especially, to ALL WOMEN!

 

5)  What happened to Kavanaugh sends a chill down everyone's spine.  Women - no matter what stripes they wear - have a son, or a husband, or a father, or a brother to protect.   Lucky that the Kavanaughs have powerful people to rally behind them.  Kavanaugh is an expert on legalities and understands the law.  He's rich, too.     But what about us ordinary people?  Imagine how it will be if your husband is fired from his job - your family's life turned upside down - based simply on an uncorroborated allegation.  Condemned.  With reputations tattered! 

Women see their fathers, husbands, sons.....in the shoes of Kavanaugh!   I bet, a lot of folks have been talking about this at their dinner table.

 

6)  A big chunk of the APOLITICAL populace must be enraged by the treatment of Kavanaugh.   They saw the chilling, utter disregard by the Democrats for men who are falsely accused.  

They must see a future of a society that puts politics over the principles of fairness, due process, and presumption of innocence.  I bet, a lot of folks have been talking about this at their dinner table.  Many will want to send a strong message, and many will want to put a stop to this dangerous precedence.

 

  7)  What about the men? What do men of all ages think about this?

How many men are silently going back to their high school years - maybe even in their kindergarten years - trying to recall whatever they may have done that could haunt them in the future?
How many men who'd done stupid things like getting drunk 30 years ago, are sweating bullets right now?
 

8) The Reps have a powerful weapon to use in their campaign(s) or rallies.   They now really have a good reason to demonize the Dems!  It will ring true!

 

 

 

Betsy on this one put aside all the partisan pro Trump crap. Had this candidate been picked by the Democrats you would be the first to scream bloody murder over his competency. Partisanship colours how people consider their candidates and it makes them willing to be blind to common sense and decency.

This man is a Yale graduate. Its all about his  connections. If he did not have those connections he would have never been considered. He is part of the very elitist establishment Trump claims he is draining the swamp of.

Let's be very clear. He demonstrated anger,  lack of impulse control and said things during the hearing that exhibit precisely the kind of demeanour that does NOT belong on any bench let alone the highest court of the land in the US.

He failed to control himself and carry himself with decency, tact and diplomacy. There are no excuses.

In fact Kavanough showed he exact same character flaws, psychological issues and lack of morality Trump does-he's a photocopy of Trump. Trump is a narcissist and will surround himself as a result with people who reflect his own perceived behaviour.

Trump went out and found an ignorant, foul mouthed bully. Gee what a surprise.

Then you had the US President doing what he does, standing up in front of a partisan crowd of trained monkeys belittling and ridiculing the witness no different then he once did with a disabled journalist. Trump is a pathetic excuse of a bully using his position to insult, abuse and divide..

You had the US President, a man who brags about copping a feel and who  treats his own wife like a piece of garbage for the whole public to see defending this man and portraying him as a victim.

If that is the kind of Christian values you would champion so be it.  For heaven's sake Betsy, no one with any basic sense of decency would defend Trump or this Kavanough after what went down. You want this man marrying your daughter?

Really? This is what it comes down to that you will apologize and look the other way on such people?

Let's get back to basic values of courtesy, respect, tolerance, gentility. Or do you want to keep going with this primal behaviour?

Just as Trump can't get any lower, he does. Ridiculing a witness? Why would someone, anyone, let alone a President engage in such slovenly behaviour.

Someone needed to take Trump outside and break his nose years ago when he first pulled this crap.

I grew up with plenty of Trumps. Nothing a broken nose wouldn't have fixed. 

You are defending privileged snot faced bastards.

Edited by Rue
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/7/2018 at 10:19 AM, Argus said:

Was anything she said incorrect? Besides, she didn't condemn any sitting Republican or Republicans in general. She condemned a candidate seen as unlikely to win. And she admitted she was wrong to do even that. This vs Kavanaugh's sputtering raging insistence there was a conspiracy by Democrats against him.

Of course   :)-    it's not the only partisan thing she's said either.

The left has become completely unhinged ( or more unhinged) e.g.    and http://www.startribune.com/rosemount-educator-on-leave-after-tweeting-kill-kavanaugh/495903561/

 

left kavanaugh.jpg

Edited by scribblet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Betsy on this one put aside all the partisan pro Trump crap. Had this candidate been picked by the Democrats you would be the first to scream bloody murder over his competency. Partisanship colours how people consider their candidates and it makes them willing to be blind to common sense and decency.

This man is a Yale graduate. Its all about his  connections. If he did not have those connections he would have never been considered. He is part of the very elitist establishment Trump claims he is draining the swamp of.

Let's be very clear. He demonstrated anger,  lack of impulse control and said things during the hearing that exhibit precisely the kind of demeanour that does NOT belong on any bench let alone the highest court of the land in the US.

He failed to control himself and carry himself with decency, tact and diplomacy. There are no excuses.

In fact Kavanough showed he exact same character flaws, psychological issues and lack of morality Trump does-he's a photocopy of Trump. Trump is a narcissist and will surround himself as a result with people who reflect his own perceived behaviour.

Trump went out and found an ignorant, foul mouthed bully. Gee what a surprise.

Then you had the US President doing what he does, standing up in front of a partisan crowd of trained monkeys belittling and ridiculing the witness no different then he once did with a disabled journalist. Trump is a pathetic excuse of a bully using his position to insult, abuse and divide..

You had the US President, a man who brags about copping a feel and who  treats his own wife like a piece of garbage for the whole public to see defending this man and portraying him as a victim.

If that is the kind of Christian values you would champion so be it.  For heaven's sake Betsy, no one with any basic sense of decency would defend Trump or this Kavanough after what went down. You want this man marrying your daughter?

Really? This is what it comes down to that you will apologize and look the other way on such people?

Let's get back to basic values of courtesy, respect, tolerance, gentility. Or do you want to keep going with this primal behaviour?

Just as Trump can't get any lower, he does. Ridiculing a witness? Why would someone, anyone, let alone a President engage in such slovenly behaviour.

Someone needed to take Trump outside and break his nose years ago when he first pulled this crap.

I grew up with plenty of Trumps. Nothing a broken nose wouldn't have fixed. 

You are defending privileged snot faced bastards.

You're ranting.  There is nothing with substance in your long post.  It's a mindless tirade!  You also proved that this opposition to Kavanaugh is all about TRUMP! 

 

Excuse me, Rue....but I think the ABA (American Bar Association) has the facts, the knowledge and the credibility when it comes to his demeanor as a judge.  It gave him the highest rating a month before this fiasco began. 

How the ABA is now reacting towards him  (re-evaluating his ratings), is but evidence how the Democrats had ruined this man's reputation.....all because of an allegation.   An uncorroborated and refuted allegation, that has more holes than a sieve.  I hope the populace will realize that.  It doesn't take much to shred someone's life and reputation in our current climate. 

 

I suppose the sexual assault accusation had collapsed - so now, the Dems are using Kavanaugh's alleged "partisanship" and "temperament" as the new goalpost!  That's the kind of dishonesty we're dealing with - and there isn't even any attempt at pretense, anymore.   That's what's scary about this.  

 

As for his "temperament' at the hearing - you're forgetting that he wasn't there to judge.  He was there to face vicious accusations - which he saw as a smear campaign to destroy his reputation, his family, his accomplishments.  Under such circumstances - I'd say he had controlled himself well.  He's but a normal human being - not a heartless, evil person - not a psychopath - like the Democrats,  who doesn't have the capacity to emphatize as to how someone in his shoes would feel.  What are they?   Robots?  From another world?

 

Lol.  The Democrats used partisanship in demolishing him, and yet they are outraged by him when he pointed out their partisanship! That's rich!

 

On that same token - I question the so-called impartiality of the Democrat senators, some of whom had already vilified him - some even had stated that they believe Ford - even well before they heard Kavanaugh's testimony. 

I question the Democrats' integrityWe saw how these Democrats had blatantly disregarded his right, they ignored due process, and threw away the principle of fairness and presumed innocence.  They don't belong in the Senate.

I also question the temperament of these Democrats - who based their decisions on emotions, rather than facts!  While they are entitled to their opinion - fair or not - they don't, however,  belong in the Senate. 

 

While there is reasonable basis for Kavanaugh's hurt and outraged response to the allegations against him, there is nothing to warrant whatsoever, the Democrats' reactions towards him!  These Democrats don't belong in the Senate.

Edited by betsy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rue said:

Betsy on this one put aside all the partisan pro Trump crap. Had this candidate been picked by the Democrats you would be the first to scream bloody murder over his competency. Partisanship colours how people consider their candidates and it makes them willing to be blind to common sense and decency.

This man is a Yale graduate. Its all about his  connections. If he did not have those connections he would have never been considered. He is part of the very elitist establishment Trump claims he is draining the swamp of.

Let's be very clear. He demonstrated anger,  lack of impulse control and said things during the hearing that exhibit precisely the kind of demeanour that does NOT belong on any bench let alone the highest court of the land in the US.

He failed to control himself and carry himself with decency, tact and diplomacy. There are no excuses.

In fact Kavanough showed he exact same character flaws, psychological issues and lack of morality Trump does-he's a photocopy of Trump. Trump is a narcissist and will surround himself as a result with people who reflect his own perceived behaviour.

Trump went out and found an ignorant, foul mouthed bully. Gee what a surprise.

Then you had the US President doing what he does, standing up in front of a partisan crowd of trained monkeys belittling and ridiculing the witness no different then he once did with a disabled journalist. Trump is a pathetic excuse of a bully using his position to insult, abuse and divide..

You had the US President, a man who brags about copping a feel and who  treats his own wife like a piece of garbage for the whole public to see defending this man and portraying him as a victim.

If that is the kind of Christian values you would champion so be it.  For heaven's sake Betsy, no one with any basic sense of decency would defend Trump or this Kavanough after what went down. You want this man marrying your daughter?

Really? This is what it comes down to that you will apologize and look the other way on such people?

Let's get back to basic values of courtesy, respect, tolerance, gentility. Or do you want to keep going with this primal behaviour?

Just as Trump can't get any lower, he does. Ridiculing a witness? Why would someone, anyone, let alone a President engage in such slovenly behaviour.

Someone needed to take Trump outside and break his nose years ago when he first pulled this crap.

I grew up with plenty of Trumps. Nothing a broken nose wouldn't have fixed. 

You are defending privileged snot faced bastards.

Lol.  It's good the Republicans got Trump.

What is it about Trump???

ONLY TRUMP CAN GET THE LEFT SO EASILY UNHINGED!  :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, betsy said:

Lol.  It's good the Republicans got Trump.

What is it about Trump???

ONLY TRUMP CAN GET THE LEFT SO EASILY UNHINGED!  :lol:

Who cares about the long term consequences of anything as long as you can get the “left” unhinged. That’s the only thing that matters right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, betsy said:

These Democrat Senators should move elsewhere where they belong.  Venezuela, maybe?  :lol:

Majority of Trump supporters have low IQ and repeat the same jingoistic superficial comments. 

It's interesting to see them walk all over real Christian values and even their own economic well-being because they are so easily manipulated due to their low IQs. 

The Team vs Team mentality is for the weak-minded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wilber said:

Who cares about the long term consequences of anything as long as you can get the “left” unhinged. That’s the only thing that matters right?

Well, there's that and also:

 

5 hours ago, betsy said:

Women - no matter what stripes they wear - have a son, or a husband, or a father, or a brother to protect. 

 

Men must be protected from the consequences of rape attempts at all costs.  Especially if they are powerful men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hillary and Bill are starting a North American speaking tour that includes Toronto. Do you think the "Me-Too" crowd will be holding frantic demonstrations against Oily Bill - a proven serial sex assaulter who used his position to assault, if not rape vulnerable women? Do you think we'll hear a peep from them?

What do you think HIS teenage years would have looked like if he was put under the microscope.

Edited by Centerpiece
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, betsy said:

  7)  What about the men? What do men of all ages think about this?

How many men are silently going back to their high school years - maybe even in their kindergarten years - trying to recall whatever they may have done that could haunt them in the future?
How many men who'd done stupid things like getting drunk 30 years ago, are sweating bullets right now?

Perhaps men should just stay home and not put themselves in situations where they can be falsely accused.  These things wouldn't happen if they would just not go to bars and drink or just not go out at night.  They should also dress in a way that makes them less threatening to women to avoid false allegations.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Centerpiece said:

Hillary and Bill are starting a North American speaking tour that includes Toronto. Do you think the "Me-Too" crowd will be holding frantic demonstrations against Oily Bill - a proven serial sex assaulter who used his position to assault, if not rape vulnerable women? Do you think we'll hear a peep from them?

They should.

You wrongly think everyone on the so-called left is in love with Hillary + Bill who really aren't on the left. There is a reason why many on the left did not vote for Hillary and what she stands for. Bill + Hillary just pretend to be the leaders of the left. They have a stranglehold on the other party. But you have a point; the selectiveness of most of the protestors in the #metoo movement is blatant and sickening. 

1 hour ago, Centerpiece said:

What do you think HIS teenage years would have looked like if he was put under the microscope.

Like most other privileged white boys in the 60s and 70s.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's really sad that the democrats have hijacked the whole #metoo movement for their own political purposes.  I've literally heard people on TV say "if you're part of the metoo movement, then you should be a democrat" or "how can you say you're supportive of metoo and still be a republican".  It's shameful that they exploit this for their own purposes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, scribblet said:

Of course   :)-    it's not the only partisan thing she's said either.

The left has become completely unhinged ( or more unhinged) e.g.

You realize that Colbert writer posted that about 'ruining his life' when it became known for a certainty the Republicans had enough votes to win the nomination, right? In other words, it was sarcasm.

Edited by Argus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

I think it's really sad that the democrats have hijacked the whole #metoo movement for their own political purposes.  I've literally heard people on TV say "if you're part of the metoo movement, then you should be a democrat" or "how can you say you're supportive of metoo and still be a republican".  It's shameful that they exploit this for their own purposes. 

Why is it shameful given the 'metoo' movements politics are pretty closely aligned with left politics, which is the Democrats purview? Especially given the man the Republicans have wholeheartedly and unreservedly embraced as their God, Donald Trump?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Centerpiece said:

Hillary and Bill are starting a North American speaking tour that includes Toronto. Do you think the "Me-Too" crowd will be holding frantic demonstrations against Oily Bill - a proven serial sex assaulter who used his position to assault, if not rape vulnerable women?

Proven? As opposed to whom? Donald Trump?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like a triggered snowflake threatened Judge Kavanaugh's life on social media....now jobless:

 

Quote

A Rosemount school district employee has resigned over a social media post in which she appeared to suggest that someone should kill new U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

Rosemount educator resigns after 'kill Kavanaugh' tweet

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...