Ford-Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Allegation

Apparently there is a long investigation summary from the Judiciary Republicans which was distributed yesterday, on the interviews of these two men who say they, not Kavanaugh where the guys at that party.    This whole thing is just bizarre.

https://nypost.com/2018/09/27/two-men-tell-senate-that-they-not-kavanaugh-assaulted-ford/

I haven’t read it but wonder if it will come up today. 

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/09.25.18 BMK Interview Transcript (Redacted).pdf

Yes, Ford was credible, she may have done her job.  That said, for someone who is a psychologist/professor she actually looked and acted different at different times.  The naive bumbling demeanour, and confusion that seemed to come and go looked a little put on.  She sat straight, wrote notes, nodded her head, looked around, yet as soon as she was asked a question from Mitchell, the chin comes in, tilts her head - looking over her glasses, eyes dart around and voice changes...she starts talking like a little girl.

I think she did go through something at some point that she was referencing, whether that involves Kavanaugh is still in question.  One thing I did notice is that she seemed more agitated with Mark Judge, than Kavanaugh.  Makes me wonder if the story is true, but with the Kavanaugh/Judge roles reversed. 

3 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

....I think she did go through something at some point that she was referencing, whether that involves Kavanaugh is still in question.  One thing I did notice is that she seemed more agitated with Mark Judge, than Kavanaugh.  Makes me wonder if the story is true, but with the Kavanaugh/Judge roles reversed. 

Agreed...it seems that 100% exoneration of Kavanaugh may require incriminating other witnesses.   The Democrats still got what they wanted out of Ford.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

15:11....Judge Kavanaugh has come out swinging...he is pissed....questionable strategy.

I thought he did need to come out swinging but maybe should've cooled it later on.   It was riveting actually especially for a Senate hearing...  but I think Senator Graham said it all, what a bad ass...   https://youtu.be/hfd9hHOx6Vo  

Sen. Hatch got to the point. Not a single Democrat including Sen. Feinstein asked about a single allegation the entire time she had the letter and did not alert the FBI about it which gives credence to the feeling there really was an organized scam.

Considering that this is the US Senate, on the scale of drunken actions against women, can the Democrats actually tell us where driving a woman into a lake and leaving her to drown, and then telling nobody, rates - top ten or no?

I'm not clear on why the fixation on the FBI who have allready investigated him 6 ways to Sunday, and why he didn't give a clear answer.  I think he had to avoid asking for an FBI investigation as that would give the Democrats the delay they wanted.  
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scribblet said:

I'm not clear on why the fixation on the FBI who have allready investigated him 6 ways to Sunday, and why he didn't give a clear answer.  I think he had to avoid asking for an FBI investigation as that would give the Democrats the delay they wanted.  

Agreed....that's all the Democrats really care about here...delay...delay...delay.

Clarence Thomas was able to beat this kind of attack because he was replacing Thurgood Marshall.   Kavanaugh's nomination is less compelling in that regard.

At the end of the day, it was a draw as far as testimony goes, but the real loser was the process.

I still expect a straight up-down vote next week.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Agreed....that's all the Democrats really care about here...delay...delay...delay.

Clarence Thomas was able to beat this kind of attack because he was replacing Thurgood Marshall.   Kavanaugh's nomination is less compelling in that regard.

At the end of the day, it was a draw as far as testimony goes, but the real loser was the process.

I still expect a straight up-down vote next week.

What about tomorrow, can they vote - to vote ?

Just to say -  Every decent, good man  should find this frightening and appalling.

1 minute ago, scribblet said:

What about tomorrow, can they vote - to vote ?

Just to say -  Every decent, good man  should find this frightening and appalling.

Yes....the committee is controlled by the majority party (Republicans) who can proceed with a vote to recommend for the full Senate next week.

But that won't happen until those needed senator votes are sure to be on side.

It's all about optics now for vulnerable senators in mid-term races....lots of pressure.

• Like 2

Disgusting that the Democrats sat on Ford's complaint for two months and sprung it at the last moment - instead of bringing it to the committee for investigation and validation - or not. I watched the Blaisey Ford hearing and found her to be credible - but very meek - almost frail. Anyone with any connection to the supposed event have been unable to corroborate her testimony. It would appear that SOMETHING happened to this woman but it appears it had nothing to do with Kavanaugh - whose own testimony was also very credible. Overlaying this whole process was the stink of Democratic malice - from their holding the accusations till the last minute to their phony calls for an FBI investigation to their total ignoring the fact that nothing has been corroborated. American politics has sunk even lower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, Ford didn't know how to contact anyone about the charges, didn't know how to find a lawyer, didn't know anything about paying for polygraph...or even her lawyers fees, doesn't know anything about gofundme, doesn't know if she showed letter to newspaper...and so much more.  She looked like Bambi out there, one would have a hard time believing that she's a doctor of pshychology and university professor.

2 minutes ago, Hal 9000 said:

So, Ford didn't know how to contact anyone about the charges, didn't know how to find a lawyer, didn't know anything about paying for polygraph...or even her lawyers fees, doesn't know anything about gofundme, doesn't know if she showed letter to newspaper...and so much more.  She looked like Bambi out there, one would have a hard time believing that she's a doctor of pshychology and university professor.

I would think it's not really surprising from someone who has lived a fairly cloistered academic life.

Now Canadians are fighting over the Ford-Kavanaugh soap opera...in a foreign country !

An opinion column by Naomi Lakritz in the Calgary Herald headlined "What happened in high school should stay there" which appears to defend a U.S. Supreme Court nominee accused of sexual assault has sparked some public outcry, prompting threats of interview bans and backlash from at least one advertiser.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/brett-kavanaugh-naomi-lakritz-calgary-herald-1.4841945

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Centerpiece said:

1. Disgusting that the Democrats sat on Ford's complaint for two months and sprung it at the last moment

2. Overlaying this whole process was the stink of Democratic malice

3.  their phony calls for an FBI investigation  

1. Disgusting ?  Why ?  They want to win, so why should they not use a tool at their disposal.  Their opposition is Trump, so saying they're disgusting is kind of like saying dog shit doesn't taste good, ie. it misses the point.

2. STINK ! :D  Again, it's Trump they're opposing...

3. Politics is now entertainment, and nothing but.  Why do you think they put it on opposite Soap Operas ?  Daytime Television, so don't think about it too much.

12 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

1. Disgusting ?  Why ?  They want to win, so why should they not use a tool at their disposal.  Their opposition is Trump, so saying they're disgusting is kind of like saying dog shit doesn't taste good, ie. it misses the point.

2. STINK ! :D  Again, it's Trump they're opposing...

3. Politics is now entertainment, and nothing but.  Why do you think they put it on opposite Soap Operas ?  Daytime Television, so don't think about it too much.

Who was it that called you a troll the other day?

11 hours ago, scribblet said:

I thought he did need to come out swinging but maybe should've cooled it later on. 

Yes, I like his speech!  It was powerful - it overshadowed Ford's testimony.   When you think of the hearing, it's Kavanaugh's PAINED, emotional speech that springs to mind.  That will resonate, especially to women!

Maybe, a few Democrat Senators might even vote to confirm him.

But, yes he should've cooled it.  He even gave the Dem lady a hard time (she was the one who was reasonable with him).  I think his wife had advised him during the recess period, because he apologised to this Dem lady when he came back to the room. 

Edited by betsy

6 hours ago, Wilber said:

No, Micheal is right. The Republicans set the bar with Garland.

Exactly.  At this point, all of this is not politics it's professional wrestling... except they actually want to win.  I'm not saying that these things they're talking about didn't happen, but the morality that they sprinkle all over these proceedings is nothing but cynical.

If you are outraged at the 'antics' then you are either naive, or you're pretending.

Moral outrage by the party of Trump is not valid.