Does the media believe the U.S. was behind 9/11?

Have you noticed how many references there are to Bush and/or the U.S. government being behind the 9/11 attacks in popular culture? Films, books, television shows, video games, etc. Whatever one's opinion - it's hard not to notice that this idea has made it into our collective unconscious. I am collecting examples of this, can anyone think of any?

I am collecting examples of this, can anyone think of any?

The obvious one I can think of is the widely seen movie and "photo evidence" alleging that the attack on the Pentagon was staged.

(details: http://www.snopes2.com/rumors/pentagon.htm )

There's also a variety of theories surrounding the identity of the 9/11 hijackers. A few seconds with Google turned up this page, which I suspect is probably typical of the genre:

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/stf3.html

But I think that most sane people limit speculation of Bush's complicity in 9/11 to negligence in assessing and responding to security threats, and for foreign policy that may have provoked the attack.

-kimmy

Here's a great one, it is a computer game from France that is being released in the U.S. this year. To get the full glory you need to download the demo:

http://gamesdomain.yahoo.com/pc/act_of_war...n/preview/59356

Let me know what y'all think.

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing I am talking about. I can't believe a storyline like that made it into a computer game. Get this though: even though Act of War is put out by the French, it's not written by the French. The plot is penned by Dale Brown, a former Air Force pilot turned techno-thriller novelist. He's supposed to release a book with the same theme as the game later this year.

Given how good the Bush administration has been at debunking any and all claims of impropriety from both within and without, I don't believe we'll ever know.

But my personal opinion is that there's no way Bush and his boys would have planned the attack and carried it out.

As to whether they had more knowledge of the attacks prior to their occurence than they say they did, that's another story.

There's simply too much damning evidence to the contrary, all of which is, of course, vehemently denied by the admin and it's supporters.

But I don't believe there was any direct cooperation in the attacks by Bush or his posse. Too risky.