The Kryptonite of Justin Trudeau

Justin Trudeau seems to be protected from all attacks. He's the Teflon PM (as they once said about Reagan.)

Like Reagan, he's photogenic; tall, blue-eyed; male; BMI at 20; star power, charisma as they say in Greek. More than Reagan, in Canada he has the name; the bilingual skills.

So what's his weakness? (In 2015, Harper chose to go with "He's just not ready". Close but wrong.)

=====

Justin Trudeau can't say no.

That's the kryptonite: Justin Trudeau always says yes.

Another highly innaccurate post. First of all, Justin Trudeau himself is his own Kryptonite, he does the oppositions work for them every time he opens his mouth. Maybe you haven't been paying attention but the position he so deired appears to be taking it's toll on him, he's been looking haggard and flabby lately. As for not being able to say no, that's bull. He has no problem saying no to seniors, vets and Christian groups among others. He just says yes to immigrants, LGBTQ and Muslims. Seriously, do you even live in the same Canada as the rest of us?

• Like 2

He doesn't have the intellect to understand the issues enough to say yes or no. He simply says what he's told to say. He is completely devoid of any leadership traits - which should not be surprising because he's never really led anything. That's not a partisan judgement - just an obvious and ugly fact that has played out over his term.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

This is the funniest post so far.   Has there ever been an alpha male Canadian leader ? :lol:

I think Trudeau senior and Mulroney were pretty alpha male. For that matter, the opposition liked to portray Stephen Harper as Darth Vader. That kinda suggests they thought he was alpha maleish.

Edited by Argus

On 7/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, Centerpiece said:

He doesn't have the intellect to understand the issues enough to say yes or no. He simply says what he's told to say. He is completely devoid of any leadership traits - which should not be surprising because he's never really led anything. That's not a partisan judgement - just an obvious and ugly fact that has played out over his term.

He does' nt have the skills to run a lemonade stand on  street corner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Argus said:

I think Trudeau senior and Mulroney were pretty alpha male. For that matter, the opposition liked to portray Stephen Harper as Darth Vader. That kinda suggests they thought he was alpha maleish.

Is he now downgraded to a beta male? Trudeau I mean. 

9 hours ago, Argus said:

1) I think Trudeau senior and Mulroney were pretty alpha male.

2) For that matter, the opposition liked to portray Stephen Harper as Darth Vader. That kinda suggests they thought he was alpha maleish.

1) Listen, they were both arrogant and also great within their limits but not "alpha".

2) Game show host hair disqualifies you, and knocks you down to prime gamma at best.

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

1) Listen, they were both arrogant and also great within their limits but not "alpha".

They were both tough ass SOBs when they wanted to be. Remember Trudeau watching the St. Jean Baptiste celebration while rioters threw bricks and bottles at him? He just sat there, giving them a dead eyed stare, refusing to move. Can't remember anything overt like that with Mulroney, but he could be a mean, tough SOB too.

14 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

2) Game show host hair disqualifies you, and knocks you down to prime gamma at best.

Shallow response. If everyone portrays you as this vicious, cruel, heartless guy nobody crosses I think Alpha male probably fits.

6 hours ago, Argus said:

1. They were both tough ass SOBs when they wanted to be. Remember Trudeau watching the St. Jean Baptiste celebration while rioters threw bricks and bottles at him? He just sat there, giving them a dead eyed stare, refusing to move. Can't remember anything overt like that with Mulroney, but he could be a mean, tough SOB too.

2. Shallow response. If everyone portrays you as this vicious, cruel, heartless guy nobody crosses I think Alpha male probably fits.

1. They had strong but opposite views of how Canada should work.  I didn't agree with Mulroney but I do now.  Trudeau defined the national character but gave birth to a divisiveness that remains today.

2. Mea culpa.  He did some heartless things but people make him into too much of a monster.  I hate meme politics.

7 hours ago, OftenWrong said:

The irony of this statement is not lost to me...

Explain ?  

I have posted, in the past, against simplified attacks against right-wing politicians as well as left-wing ones.  Lack of nuance is simplistic and boring, and especially has no place on a discussion board.  You can't discuss when somebody just shouts slogans all the time.  Don't confuse meme politics with humour either.

10 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Explain ?  

I have posted, in the past, against simplified attacks against right-wing politicians as well as left-wing ones.  Lack of nuance is simplistic and boring, and especially has no place on a discussion board.  You can't discuss when somebody just shouts slogans all the time.  Don't confuse meme politics with humour either.

We can debate what has a place on this board. That is no longer your call, apparently.

21 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Trump doesn't bother me as much as the hypocrites and liars who support him do.

Thanks for the broad-band insult, oh luminous one. And do let us know when it's supposed to be funny, in case we miss it!   :D 

7 minutes ago, OftenWrong said:

1. We can debate what has a place on this board. That is no longer your call, apparently.

2. Thanks for the broad-band insult, oh luminous one. And do let us know when it's supposed to be funny, in case we miss it!   :D 

1. It never was, but when I was able to interpret rules I would have said that meme politics is mostly out of bounds.

2. I have no idea if you like Trump or not.  Or, I guess, I HAD no idea.   That comment wasn't funny.  I made a clever quip about 'prime gamma' above - scroll up and check it out.

I saw a sculpture of Justin Trudeau made of butter at the CNE, not Kryptonite, and I thought 'that's about right'.  You still haven't explained the irony part, but oh well.  

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

You still haven't explained the irony part, but oh well.  

You assume that anyone who likes Trump is... etc. I guess that is your meme then.  Oh well, nobody is perfect.
This thread is not about you or me, etc. so we should not continue. I hate personal posts.

1 minute ago, OftenWrong said:

1. You assume that anyone who likes Trump is... etc. I guess that is your meme then.   
2. This thread is not about you or me, etc. so we should not continue. I hate personal posts.

1. No, I just don't like those liars and hypocrites who do support him.  There are also delusional types, humpbacked wanna-wank types, sad sacks and a rainbow of skunks who have their own reasons and I have nothing against them.  They're some fine people.

2. No, it's about Trudeau which is why I KEEP TRYING to bring it back to him.  He's the Trump of better-paid and better-smelling idiots, maybe.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:29 AM, AngusThermopyle said:

He has no problem saying no to seniors, vets and Christian groups among others.

This. He has no problem saying "no" when it does not align with his ideology. Another example- he doesn't like it when someone says "mankind".

On 7/28/2018 at 10:59 PM, OftenWrong said:

This. He has no problem saying "no" when it does not align with his ideology. Another example- he doesn't like it when someone says "mankind".

Disagree.

He gets someone else to say "maybe".

He, like his Mom, cannot say "No".

=====

His Dad, on the other hand, could lead - like Lucien Bouchard, he understood what it meant to be a politician.

Trudeau Snr and Bouchard could say no.

Justin's weakness (his kryptonite) is that, like his Mom, he can't be around anything negative. He can't say no.