The end of Globalization, the rise of Economic Nationalism

2 hours ago, paxamericana said:

I'm pro economic nationalist for countries who don't play by the rules. As for Canada though, It should be absorbed and globalized by manifest destiny. Canada should not remain a separate foreign entity when it comes to trade. There should be complete open borders with the US.

No.

2 hours ago, paxamericana said:

I'm pro economic nationalist for countries who don't play by the rules. 

Essentially that's no different than applying sanctions against outliers and bad actors i.e. dictators -  or course anytime I've suggested that its been, as always, lol's and rolling eyes all around.  As for rules the US plays as fast and loose with them as right-wingers do their positions nowadays.

What's really driving this sudden disinterest in globalization is the same race-based concern that's been driving most right-wingers insane lately.

38 minutes ago, Wilber said:

No.

Its only a matter of time before Canada gets annex and America would have full filled its manifest destiny. Just wait until climate change hit. I'm already contemplating buying land up north , get a green card then citizenship then vote for annexation...

Edited by paxamericana

5 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

Its only a matter of time before Canada gets annex and America would have full filled its manifest destiny. Just wait until climate change hit. I'm already contemplating buying land up north , get a green card then citizenship then vote for annexation...

That's wonderful. The answer is no. 

10 hours ago, Wilber said:

Pretty full of yourself. When do you invade, leader of the free world? :lol:

Answer is still no.

it started years ago with the creation of NAFTA. Trade is the first step towards globalization or did you forget. No two countries are more compatible for modern day annexation. You're already 90 percent there and you don't even realized it. You nay sayers are like the last of the Mohicans. Don't worry those Tim Horton will be Starbucks soon enough. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.  

There is even strong evidence to suggest that young Canadians are more likely to promote said merger, you old goats are just getting in the way...

"In 2012, nearly 3 percent of Canadian born citizens (801,000) resided in the United States. An additional 30,000–40,000 work in the U.S. under the NAFTA professional visa, which allows people from Canada and Mexico to work in the U.S. without the type of visa required in other countries. In fact, the “Canadian Brain Drain” is a well-documented phenomenon in which young Canadian professionals leave Canada to seek work in the U.S., most commonly in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York. A small study out of Waterloo University in Canada discovered that 40 percent of technology students left Canada to seek work in the United States. With so much intermingling, a unification of the two countries would hardly be revolutionary."

https://pensivepost.com/should-the-u-s-and-canada-merge-6444ed796e08

1_EonhxuoTNjfYFdDOHOdo1g.png

Edited by paxamericana

14 hours ago, Wilber said:

Still no.

What future generations do is up them.

I find the resentment of America's enormous influence over Canada quite amusing. Why resist ? Does it make you "feel" better that anti-america sentiment is part of Canada's cultural heritage?

6 hours ago, paxamericana said:

I find the resentment of America's enormous influence over Canada quite amusing. Why resist ? Does it make you "feel" better that anti-america sentiment is part of Canada's cultural heritage?

I’m not anti American, never have been but at times arrogant boors such as yourself make it a real chore not to be. You seem to work very hard at it. As an American who has no attachment to or real knowledge of a country  called Canada, that is something you are not capable of understanding. 

Not wanting to be an American is not being anti American.

Edited by Wilber
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1