The feminist rationale for the end-demand model.

Machjo

7 hours ago, bcsapper said:

I'd probably beat the living daylights out of him.  But so what?  You seem to be being deliberately obtuse.  I'm talking about the rights of individuals within the law.

You seem to be advocating creating laws would be the answer - ie,  people committing suicides - like, assisted suicide.  

Creation of some laws had stepped on the rights of other people - some are being forced to go against their conscience.  The law based on the Constitution, should be INTERPRETED - NOT CREATED!  That's the problem with our system - appointed liberal judges making up laws!

With legalized prostitution, I wonder if a landlord can refuse to have his apartment become a brothel? 

Edited by betsy

1 hour ago, betsy said:

You seem to be advocating creating laws would be the answer - ie,  people committing suicides - like, assisted suicide.  

Creation of some laws had stepped on the rights of other people - some are being forced to go against their conscience.  The law based on the Constitution, should be INTERPRETED - NOT CREATED!  That's the problem with our system - appointed liberal judges making up laws!

With legalized prostitution, I wonder if a landlord can refuse to have his apartment become a brothel? 

Creating them, changing them, whatever it takes.  I don't see how the state has the right to force someone to live when they don't want to. I guess they could just point the way to the nearest tall building, but having a willing medical professional assist would seem the decent thing to do.

I think if a landlord can say no to his apartment being a steel mill, he can say no to it becoming a brothel.

31 minutes ago, bcsapper said:

Creating them, changing them, whatever it takes.  I don't see how the state has the right to force someone to live when they don't want to.

If someone wants to kill himself - why not just go ahead and do it?   People do it all the time.   Why force someone to assist??

I guess they could just point the way to the nearest tall building, but having a willing medical professional assist would seem the decent thing to do.

Pointing them to someone, ISassisting!   That would be like showing where the gun is located, to someone who wants to shoot himself!  There.  It's right in that cupboard, behind the sugar.   :lol:  

Somebody wanna hang himself - he should do it all by himself!  Somebody wants someone willing to assist, should do the homework himself.

I think if a landlord can say no to his apartment being a steel mill, he can say no to it becoming a brothel.

"I think," is not good enough.  Making up laws willy-nilly, without serious study over its implications, will result in confusions and a tangled system.   We shouldn't be playing with laws just to appease special interest groups.

Edited by betsy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, betsy said:

If someone wants to kill himself - why not just go ahead and do it?   People do it all the time.   Why force someone to assist??

They do.  It's just nicer when someone who wants to help is allowed to do so.  And an egregious violation of their rights to deny that.  And puzzling too, if no-one's using it to kill you.

Pointing them to someone, ISassisting!   That would be like showing where the gun is located, to someone who wants to shoot himself!  There.  It's right in that cupboard, behind the sugar.   :lol:  

Somebody wanna hang himself - he should do it all by himself!  Somebody wants someone willing to assist, should do the homework himself.

Sure, see above...

"I think," is not good enough.  Making up laws willy-nilly, without serious study over its implications, will result in confusions and a tangled system.   We shouldn't be playing with laws just to appease special interest groups.

"I think" is good enough for me.  If you want to stop someone from putting a steel mill in one of your condos, I'm sure you'll figure out a way.

Edited by bcsapper

Whelp, the entire doctrine of "feminism" is predicated on the assumption of "oppression" in every sphere of existence by the evil male patriarchy. I can't think of a single example where women would suggest they are NOT oppressed in some way, shape or form. It's basically a self-fulfilling fundamental attribution error to establish victim-identity status. 

Just little clusters of in-groups rationalizing their victim bonafides based on the silly Marx notion that hierarchical society must be destroyed to achieve....?

The unknown. More "justice" or some such silliness. 

They fill up the kid's heads with dog poop so next thing you know, they're sure enough spotting dog poop everywhere. I disregard such nonsensical arguments.