Canada should renounce democracy

4 minutes ago, turningrite said:

Do you actually believe Trump can't or won't have his very own "just watch me" moment? He can get away with whatever Congress lets him get away with. It's becoming increasingly clear that the intended system of checks and balances (a philosophy we've never had in Canada where majority governments are more the norm than the exception) no longer works in a system that's been overtaken by hyperpartisanism. And with enough lapdog Republicans sitting in Congress, I believe Trump probably can impose martial law if he chooses to do so.

The point being that Trump cannot impose martial law by himself, unlike in Canada.

Is Canada more aware of op-ed pieces in the NYT than its own history on martial law ?

Trump has not started WW3....Trump has not "rounded up all illegals"...Trump has not stopped abortions....Trump has not....etc., etc.

...despite numerous predictions that he would/could.

5 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1.) The point being that Trump cannot impose martial law by himself, unlike in Canada.

2.) Is Canada more aware of op-ed pieces in the NYT than its own history on martial law ?

3.) Trump has not started WW3....Trump has not "rounded up all illegals"...Trump has not stopped abortions....Trump has not....etc., etc.

1.) I think I covered that.

2.) Most Canadians likely don't read the NY Times, so you don't have to worry about it.

3.) Give him time. Who knows about WW3? Apparently he wanted to go to war against Venezuela and at one point boasted that his nuclear button was bigger than the NK leader's. As for abortion, well, his latest SCOTUS nom isn't yet sitting on the court and legal challenges take a while to work their way through the system. Give it time, before assuming...

1 minute ago, turningrite said:

3.) Give him time. Who knows about WW3? Apparently he wanted to go to war against Venezuela and at one point boasted that his nuclear button was bigger than the NK leader's. As for abortion, well, his latest SCOTUS nom isn't yet sitting on the court and legal challenges take a while to work their way through the system. Give it time, before assuming...

Give what time ?    If enough Americans want such things then they will happen, just as before.

Why is Trump singled out for a special kind of fearful neurosis compared to previous presidents/ U.S. policies ?

FDR interned Japanese-American citizens and legal residents during WW2, and he was a HERO !!

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1.) Give what time ?    If enough Americans want such things then they will happen, just as before.

2.) Why is Trump singled out for a special kind of fearful neurosis compared to previous presidents/ U.S. policies ?

3.) FDR interned Japanese-American citizens and legal residents during WW2, and he was a HERO !!

1.) Well, you'll have to wait for the Mueller inquiry to do its work to see how Trump will respond. As for abortion, I believe recent polling indicates that two-thirds of Americans want RvW to stand. But will it, especially given the increasingly partisan nature of SCOTUS appointments? Hmmm....

2.) Trump doesn't seem to acknowledge or respect "norms" where governance is concerned. And he's getting away with it. It's not always a bad thing to challenge the status quo, but to do so without a clear agenda or understanding of the consequences seems foolhardy. If Trump has a rationally considered agenda, apparently even his advisors aren't in on the secret. Look at the reaction of the Director of National Security, Dan Coats, who nervously laughed at the news Trump again plans to meet with Putin after the disastrous (for Trump) Helsinki meeting. 

3.) Yes, and Canada did the same thing with its Japanese citizens. This was seen as normal back in the day but no longer. Times change and so too in many cases do attitudes and values.

3 minutes ago, turningrite said:

1.) Well, you'll have to wait for the Mueller inquiry to do its work to see how Trump will respond. As for abortion, I believe recent polling indicates that two-thirds of Americans want RvW to stand. But will it, especially given the increasingly partisan nature of SCOTUS appointments? Hmmm....

2.) Trump doesn't seem to acknowledge or respect "norms" where governance is concerned. And he's getting away with it. It's not always a bad thing to challenge the status quo, but to do so without a clear agenda or understanding of the consequences seems foolhardy. If Trump has a rationally considered agenda, apparently even his advisors aren't in on the secret. Look at the reaction of the Director of National Security, Dan Coats, who nervously laughed at the news Trump again plans to meet with Putin after the disastrous (for Trump) Helsinki meeting. 

3.) Yes, and Canada did the same thing with its Japanese citizens. This was seen as normal back in the day but no longer. Times change and so too in many cases do attitudes and values.

1)  Roe v. Wade is already obsolete, replaced by later court rulings and fetal viability.   States have already moved on limits to access/funding.....all before Trump was ever elected.

2) Trump was elected to blow up the status quo.   He campaigned on doing exactly that.   Why is anyone surprised ?    Since Trump is not conventional, then he cannot have a conventional disaster with Putin.    I guess change is hard from some people....the Cold War was over 25 years ago.

3) I agree that times change, and today's targets are illegal immigrants.   Most don't speak Japanese.

1 minute ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

1)  Roe v. Wade is already obsolete, replaced by later court rulings and fetal viability.   States have already moved on limits to access/funding.....all before Trump was ever elected.

2) Trump was elected to blow up the status quo.   He campaigned on doing exactly that.   Why is anyone surprised ?    Since Trump is not conventional, then he cannot have a conventional disaster with Putin.    I guess change is hard from some people....the Cold War was over 25 years ago.

3) I agree that times change, and today's targets are illegal immigrants.   Most don't speak Japanese.

1.) I think you're missing the point.

2.) Blowing up the status quo, as I said, is one thing. Doing it without a plan is another. We'll see how that works out. I guess you're conceding that Trump might have a very unconventional disaster with Putin. The main issue for many Americans as much as for the rest of the world is the extent to which Trump might permit American and Western interests to be debased for the sake of preserving his special relationship with Putin. Even Republicans are now asking what leverage Putin holds over Trump? It's really quite stunning.

3.) We have our own illegal migrant situation and most are flowing north over the U.S.-Canada border. Many don't oppose the migrants as a security risk, as the Japanese were (unfairly) viewed in both countries during WW2. Rather, the recent migrants are seen here as a social cost, which, of course, is a completely rational concern for those who pay taxes and are increasingly told to expect less in return for paying their taxes.

23 minutes ago, turningrite said:

1.) I think you're missing the point.

2.) Blowing up the status quo, as I said, is one thing. Doing it without a plan is another. We'll see how that works out. I guess you're conceding that Trump might have a very unconventional disaster with Putin. The main issue for many Americans as much as for the rest of the world is the extent to which Trump might permit American and Western interests to be debased for the sake of preserving his special relationship with Putin. Even Republicans are now asking what leverage Putin holds over Trump? It's really quite stunning.

3.) We have our own illegal migrant situation and most are flowing north over the U.S.-Canada border. Many don't oppose the migrants as a security risk, as the Japanese were (unfairly) viewed in both countries during WW2. Rather, the recent migrants are seen here as a social cost, which, of course, is a completely rational concern for those who pay taxes and are increasingly told to expect less in return for paying their taxes.

1) Likewise I'm sure...courts have already rolled back Roe v. Wade....all before there was a president Trump.   Trump is not/ has not been the point man on abortion limits.

2) I am more concerned with the over reliance on American power and influence to protect the "west".   Trump is just another American president who met with a Russian/Soviet leader....it has been done several times before.    One can only be "stunned" if still stuck in an old (Cold War) paradigm.    Republicans were stunned by Trump when he kicked all their asses in the presidential primaries too.

3) Canada's PM says they are "irregular" border jumpers....in the U.S. they are "illegals" or "undocumented".   As a die-hard nationalist, I have no sympathy for illegals, including overstays from Canada.    Arrest...detain...deport.  No exceptions.

4 hours ago, Argus said:

And what has Trump done to take care of those people? Zilch. He handed out a temporary tax cut, plus a permanent one to big corporations, and performed a little slight of hand at the same time to lower the taxes of real estate corporations like uhm, his, and then removed the tax on multi-million dollar estates like, uhm his. Midwest industrial workers? I think he forgets about them except when he wants to make a speech in an arena somewhere and get cheers.

The major problems for midwest industrial workers are the advance of technology which has eliminated so many jobs, and the rise of a technologically driven manufacturing and high tech industry which both require more educated workers and thus have gravitated towards the big cities or those with major universities (which is mostly the same thing). What's Trump doing about that? <crickets>

Don't conflate the issue of globalism and automation. Yes automation is a huge disruption to people's lively hood.It affects everyone and not just people in the midwest. Technology is replacing human productivity at a very quick pace. This isn't the issue I'm talking about.

The issue is that those global elites are moving jobs to out side the country while flooding our country with cheap immigrant labor at the expense of american workers. We're not even limiting this to industrial jobs where they will be replace by automation, look at the tech industry, you know how many h1b workers our government has hired? There are tons of them in silicone valley. Suppressing the wages of american labor.  They obviously promote globalism while lining their pocket books. The global elite don't care about the average american and that's why they lost the election. 

Trump has done more for the common man than you know. Look at our unemployment rate now, look at our economy now. All of these are due to Trump's economic nationalist policy. 

13 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I'm not sure what you mean by globalist elite.  I think you're referring to some conspiracy theorists' notions of a group of super-rich Rothchilds/Rockefeller and Bilderberg elites who have mapped out how the show should run under a "One World Government."  

The global elites are people like hillary clinton,  george bush etc... They believe that a one world order is the means to an end and as long as they make money doing it they don't care if everyday common american suffer. Don't take my word for it. Do your own research and open up your eyes. I'm just sounding the alarm.

Edited by paxamericana

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

I have to disagree on Hilary

She's a globalist. An elitist at that. She doesn't care about working class deplorable. 

It may also surprise you but rich white people hate poor whites here in the states. A Lot of the rich Obama supporters are like this. But again don't take my word for it. Do your own research. Learn the truth for your self. I know this for a fact because I was part of that rich one percent. I hear them complain about the poor working class everyday at our country club meetings.

Edited by paxamericana

1 hour ago, Zeitgeist said:

Trump was offshoring the production of his ties in China.

From a historical perspective, Trump is playing the pluto-nationalism card. He's a very rich elite who benefits from globalism but he is not a globalist by any means however. He's just part of the system that was setup by the global elite to reap benefit for them selves while promoting "globalist virtues". Trump is not anti elite, just anti globalist. 

I suspect that Trump made a deal with the elite cutting their taxes but forcing them to repatriate their money and reinvest in American industry. All the while choking off the cheap supply of immigrant labor that the elites were profiting from. 

Edited by paxamericana

2 hours ago, paxamericana said:

The issue is that those global elites are moving jobs to out side the country

Clever bastards to keep lowering your unemployment rate while they're doing it.

while flooding our country with cheap immigrant labor at the expense of american workers.

Like the ones who worked on construction of Trump buildings?

We're not even limiting this to industrial jobs where they will be replace by automation, look at the tech industry, you know how many h1b workers our government has hired? There are tons of them in silicone valley. Suppressing the wages of american labor. 

I'm sure you're mistaken. After all, Trump has been in power for two years now so he must have put a stop to that. 

Right?

Trump has done more for the common man than you know. Look at our unemployment rate now, look at our economy now. All of these are due to Trump's economic nationalist policy. 

Drivel. The unemployment rate has been steadily trending downward for years now, and the economy has been trending upward. And again, you can't point to one single thing Trump has done which has impacted either of these things.

38 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

She's a globalist. An elitist at that. She doesn't care about working class deplorable. 

So the woman who spent her entire life, even before politics, trying to help the poor, volunteering her time and money, working hard to put in place policies that help educate, feed and train poor people, she doesn't care about the work class. But the billionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth who never did a single thing in his life for or even talked about the working class, he's now the hero of the working class. Some kind of logic you got there, bud. Next you'll be telling me what a great feminist he is.

6 minutes ago, Argus said:

So the woman who spent her entire life, even before politics, trying to help the poor, volunteering her time and money, working hard to put in place policies that help educate, feed and train poor people, she doesn't care about the work class.

Actually, she did none of those things.  Instead, carpetbagger Clinton helped to incarcerate more Americans for drug offenses, labeled black youth as "super predators", and defended her sex offender husband.   Then she helped to set up a slush fund under the phony cover of helping Haitians.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/aug/28/reince-priebus/did-hillary-clinton-call-african-american-youth-su/

She was so hated by so many Americans, she lost presidential bids...twice.

Edited by bush_cheney2004
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Argus said:

So the woman who spent her entire life, even before politics, trying to help the poor, volunteering her time and money, working hard to put in place policies that help educate, feed and train poor people, she doesn't care about the work class. But the billionaire born with a silver spoon in his mouth who never did a single thing in his life for or even talked about the working class, he's now the hero of the working class. Some kind of logic you got there, bud. Next you'll be telling me what a great feminist he is.

She's part of the global elite. She much prefer advancing her global agenda even at the cost average americans. Trump's the best feminist around. Look how many feminist he signed up. Look at all the single mother he has employed. He's so humbled that he doesn't want any credit for it, even offering hush money to these people.

Edited by paxamericana

27 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

She's part of the global elite. She much prefer advancing her global agenda even at the cost average americans. Trump's the best feminist around. Look how many feminist he signed up. Look at all the single mother he has employed. He's so humbled that he doesn't want any credit for it, even offering hush money to these people.

Troll.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

I think you're referring to some conspiracy theorists' notions of a group of super-rich Rothchilds/Rockefeller and Bilderberg elites who have mapped out how the show should run under a "One World Government."

Oh here's some more evidence of the global elite, this time from bernie man. Liberal elites is what he calls them. ...

Hilary was hated by some Americans mostly because she was a woman.  Obama was hated by some Americans mostly because he was black.  Others hated or disliked them because of their policies.  Global elite, huh?  Of the three, Trump is the one who comes from big money.  As for moral rectitude, I don't think Hilary was into pussy grabbing.  You're right though, Trump's contributions of hush money to women are shining examples of equality and feminism.  I'm sure Melania would agree with you. 

• 1 month later...

Pax how is Natasha these days? I heard she ended up in Washington.  That was a clumsy attempt to whip up anti American hatred. You never could fish. All you caught is a Jewfish saying if you think you are going to catch anything with that clumsy move you need to watch some Red Green episodes to understand how we fish in Canada. Geez not even you need to get your code book to decipher that.

REGARDS, Bullwinkle

Hey Rocky watch me pull a Putinskyite out of my hat

Growl (as bear head shows itself)

Oops don't know my own strength.

Hilary was hated by some Americans mostly because she was a woman.  Obama was hated by some Americans mostly because he was black.  Others hated or disliked them because of their policies.  Global elite, huh?  Of the three, Trump is the one who comes from big money.  As for moral rectitude, I don't think Hilary was into pussy grabbing.  You're right though, Trump's contributions of hush money to women are shining examples of equality and feminism.  I'm sure Melania would agree with you. 

Hilary Clinton was most certainly into grabbing pussies no different than her husband or Donald and she ate them too if we must dwell on the topic. Your naivite is not helpful. 

Let me be blunt, the entire American political system has been compromised.It has been for years as an internal struggle has been taking place in the US as it has globally between old and new money networks competing for control of world trade.

Trump was put in as a distraction from this global and internal American financial war going on. The problem is Trumps use as a distraction to keep people distracted is no longer a sufficient reason to keep him in office.

He just is too loose a cannon.He has turned against his handlers believing he is invincible. A market correction as they call it is happening. The Congress will go Democrat and initiate what will avalanche into another Nixon era impeachment drama to neutralize him...either that or he runs the risk of choking to death on a chicken bone.

Whether the powers engaged in conflict behind the scenes agree to dump him for Pence or continue their proxy war using him as the deflection drama remains to be seen. 

In the interim the European Union, China, Russia, India, Japan and the US are all arenas for a power struggle between old money networks and new Chinese and Russian mob money networks competing for territorial dominance.

China has serious long term economic issues and has moved aggressively in Africa and the Middle East to replace both Russia , the EU and the US as the no. 1 colonial power.

Japan is still in deep internal crisis with its nuclear disaster to properly deal with China expansion in the trans Pacific but Japan has signalled a turn back to its chauvinistic military roots and is rapudly expanding its navy and air force and it is a huge wild card. If it opts back in to the military power world no one knows what that means. Japan is traditional enemies with Russia and China more than it is the US but since WW2 an anti American resentment continues as well. My bet is Japan seeks to reestablish its military might neutralizing China and Russia and growing stronger as US protectionism harms its ability to trade and grow its economy through trade. 

Canada should declare itself a neutral state. Two of the Western world's most stable democracies, Switzerland and Sweden, have long been neutral. Although it played an important role in WWII, Canada today has no crucial role to play in Europe. And Canada should cease all formal association with America's military aspirations and apparatus. We have only one natural enemy and one natural ally, and in each case it is the U.S. We'd be better off to operate a civil defense force and let the Americans and Europeans take care of their own interests and security concerns.

Hope you would enjoy your time in the army. Switzerland has always had compulsory military service, Sweden discontinued it at the end of the Cold War but has just brought it back. Countries that choose to have no allies, have to look after themselves.

Edited by Wilber