If Canadians hate Americans, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with America?

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:00 AM, Dougie93 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure, because I can't say exactly when this leverage bubble will start to unwind in earnest, could be tomorrow or it could be awhile yet.

I can't predict exactly when the piper will have to be paid.

This is why you have to be on stand by to go short on a moments notice, nobody really knows when this bomb is going to explode.

This kind of leverage cannot stand,  it is going to blow in the not too distant future, but not too distant is still rather imprecise.

Who is the “piper”?   Let me guess, the Rothschilds-Rockefellers globalist bankster elite.  If such an inner circle really holds us all hostage, isn’t it in their interest to keep the interest from their investments rolling in?  Canada’s five big banks and the Bank of Canada itself depend on the economy that they finance.  There may be recessions, even severe ones, and some businesses won’t survive, but as we’ve learned from the Depression and the 2008 financial crisis, governments will rally to ensure there is liquidity and stimulus in the market.  The bigger threat is still climate change.  Water levels are rising.  Whether you think preemptive measures will do the trick or that adaptation is the way to go, I suggest shifting the fear in that direction and the question of how a resource economy like Canada can profit in this environment.  Offshoring of jobs and automation are also big headwinds to job growth going forward, and boosting public spending to prop up growth is unsustainable.  It always comes back to responsible government.  Canada rates relatively well on that.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

14 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

Who is the “piper”?   Let me guess, the Rothschilds-Rockefellers globalist banister elite.  If such an inner circle really holds us all hostage, isn’t it in their interest to keep the interest from their investments rolling in?  Canada’s five big banks and the Bank of Canada itself depend on the economy that they finance.  There may be recessions, even severe ones, and some businesses won’t survive, but as we’ve learned from the Depression and the 2008 financial crisis, governments will rally to ensure there is liquidity and stimulus in the market.  The bigger threat is still climate change.  Water levels are rising.  Whether you think preemptive measures will do the trick or that adaptation is the way to go, I suggest shifting the fear in that direction and the question of how a resource economy like Canada can profit in this environment.  Offshoring of jobs and automation are also big headwinds to job growth going forward, and boosting public spending to prop up growth is unsustainable.  It always comes back to responsible government.  Canada rates relatively well on that.  

No, the piper is simply leverage.  

The world is leveraged to the hilt,  it has to unwind at some point, it's like a volcano, the tectonic forces of a global correction build up until there is an eruption.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:50 AM, loveistheonlyway said:

I don't understand this,

You started off so strong

if Canadians and not only Canadians but the world hates Americans

Then your post went downhill so fast.

No one hates America except for people like islamic state, NoKo and Iran, who offer the rest of the world nothing and want to have power over everyone else. 

Billions of people in many countries all over the world benefit from their dealings with America. Sure there are some things to not like about America, and lots of Americans don't like those same things as well, but humans are a long way from achieving perfection. Outright slavery was legal all across the world not very long ago, and that goes back to the beginning of time. You must love the US Constitution if you really believe that loveistheonlyway.

America is a free country, and respects the sovereignty of nations whose people enjoy reasonable freedom from severe persecution. The US has the power to conquer which they don't use.

Overall America is pretty close to a 10/10.

If you really believed that loveistheonlyway then you would respect the freedoms in America that allow people to be gay or choose their own religion. I think you believe that your exact version of "love" is all that is allowed to exist and you are positively hateful towards people who don't share your exact belief system. Just a hunch.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:50 AM, loveistheonlyway said:

I don't understand this, if Canadians and not only Canadians but the world hates Americans, why don't Canadians just sever ties with America? Sever trade, immigration, alliance, treaties, everything? 

It's like you have this spouse you hate but for some reason you haven't considered a divorce......

Also you keep claiming that they are collapsing, so isn't it time to end it so you won't get affected? And don't worry about your economy and whatever, there is still the Commonwealth which consists of some of the richest nations on Earth that can help you.

It's true, there is this deep rooted anger and hatred for Americans by Canadians that I don't understand and no, I don't think it has anything to do with politics or trade wars or whatever current  or past issues they have with each other. In fact Canadians would probably celebrate if America was gone.

Seriously people, I want a serious answer to this. Not those arrogant, condescending, narcissistic responses but actual responses that makes sense.

The only reason why so many Canadians hate America is because of the lame duck leftist lieberal fake and phony Canadian media that has trained them quite well to hate America. I guess that it is not working so well  because I see every weekend here in BC that the American/Canadian border is plugged full of Canadians going south for their vacations or shopping. Canadians will never want to sever their ties with America. Geez, what the hell would Canadians do up here if it were not for American entertainment and vacations spots to travel too?  Winnipeg or Inuvik are not all that exciting to want to go to and visit. Seriously. :D

• Haha 1

• 3 years later...

People can hate on America but they won’t Seaver ties because they know America is a powerhouse, they will talk shit on the internet about Americans being loud and whatever, but they won’t do anything to Americans in real time. Canada’s biggest ally is the US, we ware right next to them, if they got into something we would help, because that’s what we do. We don’t sit back and let people burn and get killed and stripped of their rights, because we stand for human rights not just American rights, that’s why I personally donated a lot of money to other conflicts in the world, people that say it’s none of their business can just sit in their shell and get off the internet, because someone has to help or it won’t stop. Anywho, it’s time to say it straight, the people who complain about Americans and their government are hypocrites, you say to mind your own business, yet your all over America for every decision they make. Another thing, the people that hate on America, can’t do anything about what their saying, they just run their mouth on the internet, but if they meet an American in real time, you think they are going to have the same attitude? No they won’t. where I live in America, we litteraly have Canadian flags waving through the air next to our American flags, we don’t hate Canadians. The reasons people have for hating Americans are so utterly immature that I cringe when I see them.

• Like 1

And there's part of the problem. You assume anyone not kissing your ass hates you, think that people should like you because you can kick the shit out of them and after a term of the Court Jester for President, got convinced the "Ugly American' was the epitome of greatness.

Grow up. As the monument says: Two sons of a common Mother. But who hasn't had a big brother that wasn't a bit of an arsehole. Still stick up for him, don't you?

On 11/30/2022 at 9:22 PM, herbie said:

And there's part of the problem. You assume anyone not kissing your ass hates you, think that people should like you because you can kick the shit out of them and after a term of the Court Jester for President, got convinced the "Ugly American' was the epitome of greatness.

Grow up. As the monument says: Two sons of a common Mother. But who hasn't had a big brother that wasn't a bit of an arsehole. Still stick up for him, don't you?

My younger brother's all stick up for me, even the one with another mother and I'm pretty sure I'll always stick up for the brother who became an American.  I still think I'm better looking though, he has a funny nose and his ears stick out.

Well I grew up during the  Vietnam war and I'm glad we took in all the people that moved to Canada because of it.

On the other hand, if someone actually attacked the USA I'd volunteer to help them. Not too useful at my age though.

Been all over the West coast of the USA back in the days Canadians were welcomed instead of treated like just another f***ing foreigner. Met many people, friendly helpful people and used to meet up with a Navy pilot who'd hit the same campsite we did on leave, his family would meet him. Great guy.

Nicest people you could ever know individually, but collectively they're politically bat shit insane.

• Haha 1

On 6/24/2018 at 4:50 AM, loveistheonlyway said:

I don't understand this, if Canadians and not only Canadians but the world hates Americans, why don't Canadians just sever ties with America? Sever trade, immigration, alliance, treaties, everything? 

It's like you have this spouse you hate but for some reason you haven't considered a divorce......

Also you keep claiming that they are collapsing, so isn't it time to end it so you won't get affected? And don't worry about your economy and whatever, there is still the Commonwealth which consists of some of the richest nations on Earth that can help you.

It's true, there is this deep rooted anger and hatred for Americans by Canadians that I don't understand and no, I don't think it has anything to do with politics or trade wars or whatever current  or past issues they have with each other. In fact Canadians would probably celebrate if America was gone.

Seriously people, I want a serious answer to this. Not those arrogant, condescending, narcissistic responses but actual responses that makes sense.

Gee whiz. You ask a silly question and then ask that you not get a silly answer.