If Canadians hate Americans, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with America?

18 hours ago, loveistheonlyway said:

Canadians hates Americans.......... yaps.

FAKE NEWS!!!:rolleyes:

Except for  Putin and  Kim..........the whole world  is concerned  about  the emotionally UNSTABLE  TRUMP......as the US "leader".   

But if one is to address  the title  here,  CDA does not sever tie on a whim,  or inaner,  or impulsively,  ............THAT is the USS LEADERSHIPS  MO

CA  and most of the civilised world  tries to be REASONABLE,   RATIONAL.  and DIPLOMATIC.It might take longer but  it is the RESPONSIBLE   way.

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

But it is no just CDA....... as most of the civilized world   is watching the US  current regime with  concern ...something MAJOR is happening in  US.  It is morphing into something......yet unknown.  Power is being centralized.....and an isolationist  theme is  evident. Systems ae being torn apart  witha vengeance.  Multilateral  agreements ae being  torn up   All  is creating a level of uncertainty...And  the markets  don't like  instability,  economists don't like  instability,  national leaders   don't like it either.   The chaos  theory  and execution   does not belong  in national leadership..

Even this perspective is somewhat extreme, as many treaties and agreements remain in place.   The Trump administration is not the first time America has turned inward, away from many problems elsewhere in the world.   World markets and trade have a long way to fall before resembling past crashes.

Still, I fine the exercise to be refreshing, as Trump strips away the pretenses that have existed for decades.   Anti-Americanism may feel good at certain levels, and has a strong foundation in the Canadian identity, but those wishing for the demise of America should be careful what they wish for.

President Trump is testing and expanding boundaries for presidential and American power, just like those who came before and will come after him.

2 minutes ago, Pacifica77 said:

FAKE NEWS!!!

Except for  Putin and  Kim..........the whole world  is concerned  about  the emotionally UNSTABLE  TRUMP......as the US "leader".   

The "whole world" has far more examples of instability than anything Trump has done. 

How did the "whole world" come to be so impacted by the term of one American president ?

A lot of people talk about America and evils and how it's destroying itself but how come no one talks about my country, the Philippines? Our President orders the extrajudicial killings of thousands of suspected drug pushers and addicts, thousands have already died without due process, our economy is failing, inflation is inflating, our president opens his mouth without thinking and later regrets it, rebellion and terrorism are still present even after 40 years, corruption is still high. I think Canada and the world should focus on my country more, help us become a 1st world country like Canada. My country has been a third world failed state since....... the 70's I think..... could be sooner even. Stop talking about America, stop complaining about their evils and how they are destroying themselves, let them destroy themselves. If Canadians and Americans are enemies then Canadians shouldn't warn Americans no matter how stupid Americans are because they might reverse that. Didn't Napoleon said that you shouldn't interfere if your enemy is making a mistake or something like that......?

So, ummmm, when is Canada going to help us?

Edited by loveistheonlyway
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pacifica77 said:

THANK YOU  !!  =Awesome.  From  what I can see its well designed  forum. 

my impression  is not that  CDA "hates" (strong word)  the US.   Having had half my family in the US  al my life...perspective of course has been  that the relationship has been  positive......with a few  bumps now and them.  some personality clashes  ,  and yes some  disagreements.  But  HATE is just too stor g a word  about how  CDNS feel  about the US.

Mind you....it has  been tainted   since Trump started to target Cda.   His bellicosity  seems hard for any  nation to take.   He causes dissension, division,   angry reactions.........but again.."hate'  is still a strong word for it.I its unfortunate....as  we  have a long history  of  pretty good relations  on the average........and when the chips are down...... CDA  would be there  to assist  as needed. I  can't speak for the current  USS...... and wouldn't want to try.
It seems that Trump is continuously  "testing limits"........and the more he gets away  with.......the further he will go. The law, ethics,  standards   and  professionalism be damned.

So , yes the tone of the relationship long term friends.  It is sad....... as that  made  this part of N America  unique  and an example  / role model.

But it is no just CDA....... as most of the civilized world   is watching the US  current regime with  concern ...something MAJOR is happening in  US.  It is morphing into something......yet unknown.  Power is being centralized.....and an isolationist  theme is  evident. Systems ae being torn apart  witha vengeance.  Multilateral  agreements ae being  torn up   All  is creating a level of uncertainty...And  the markets  don't like  instability,  economists don't like  instability,  national leaders   don't like it either.   The chaos  theory  and execution   does not belong  in national leadership..

https://www.mapleleafweb.com/forums/topic/27724-if-americans-are-evil-why-doesnt-the-world-destroy-them/

• 10 months later...

I'm happy for the Americans to target Canada, because the target is left wing entrenched interests like UNIFOR and PSAC.

And what these fuckwit lefties are going to find out, is that it's not just Trump, the Democrats are targeting Canada too.

It's a war between American unions and Canadian unions, let them fight. Let them tear each other apart over the scraps.

You can easily make money on the dismantling of the Canadian leftist entrenched interests and laugh all the way to the bank.

The Canadian left are economic nationalists, but so is the American left, so now the Canadian unions are going to get crushed by their own doctrine.

Sit back and enjoy the show, the Canadian leftists are  gonna get everything they deserve, just desserts.

Edited by Dougie93

1 hour ago, Dougie93 said:

I'm happy for the Americans to target Canada, because the target is left wing entrenched interests like UNIFOR and PSAC.

And what these fuckwit lefties are going to find out, is that it's not just Trump, the Democrats are targeting Canada too.

It's a war between American unions and Canadian unions, let them fight. Let them tear each other apart over the scraps.

You can easily make money on the dismantling of the Canadian leftist entrenched interests and laugh all the way to the bank.

The Canadian left are economic nationalists, but so is the American left, so now the Canadian unions are going to get crushed by their own doctrine.

Sit back and enjoy the show, the Canadian leftists are  gonna get everything they deserve, just desserts.

So much for workers of the world unite.  This is the result of Trump’s economic nationalism.  The left is correct to be worried about forms of national/ethnic supremacy.  

5 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

So much for workers of the world unite.  This is the result of Trump’s economic nationalism.  The left is correct to be worried about forms of national/ethnic supremacy.  

It's the information age revolution, industrial jobs are going away like buggy whips, the industrial unions are fighting over the scraps.

Since those industrial unionists have allied themselves with the Cultural Marxist loonies, I welcome their self destruction in the end, good riddance.

9 minutes ago, Zeitgeist said:

No it's not...union membership and base has been shrinking for a long time, long before Trump.   Automation and off-shoring...long before Trump.   Only government "workers" remain largely unionized with fat benefits packages paid by taxpayers.

If Trump be your problem, then stop being so dependent on Trump's USA.

6 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

No it's not...union membership and base has been shrinking for a long time, long before Trump.   Automation and off-shoring...long before Trump.   Only government "workers" remain largely unionized with fat benefits packages paid by taxpayers.

If Trump be your problem, then stop being so dependent on Trump's USA.

Canadian leftist infantilized losers will of course try to scapegoat Trump for everything, but the fact is, Trump is just stealing the Democrats policies here, to take the Blue Wall from them.

Edited by Dougie93

Like if the Bernie Bro leftists ever get control in America, that's going to be very bad news for the Canadians leftists, because the only way America can shift towards a socilaist agenda, would be to run a much more closed off economy, resulting in throwing Canada under the bus.

2 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Like if the Bernie Bro leftists ever get control in America, that's going to be very bad news for the Canadians leftists, because the only way America can shift towards a socilaist agenda, would be to run a much more closed off economy, resulting in throwing Canada under the bus.

As I've proposed before to other members in this forum, America should annex Canada and complete manifest destiny. 

25 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

Manifest Destiny is destiny. Uncle Abe will free all the slaves everywhere, eventually. Confederation delenda est.

The differences between Americans and Canadians are fabricated by Canadians anyways.

Canadians aren't really British anymore, they're totally Americanized already.

Bring on the American constitution, Canada is simply an Iron Curtain trying to keep us from our God given freedoms.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The differences between Americans and Canadians are fabricated by Canadians anyways.

Canadians aren't really British anymore, they're totally Americanized already.

Bring on the American constitution, Canada is simply an Iron Curtain trying to keep us from our God given freedoms.

The Declaration of Independence will eventually crush the Eskimo Communist Confederation Iron Curtain, as soon as they get sick of propping it up, the house of cards will come tumbling down. The light of civilization will triumph and Canada will lose this mini-Cold War of theirs, just as the Soviets did.

Edited by Yzermandius19

3 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The Declaration of Independence will eventually crush the Eskimo Communist Confederation Iron Curtain, as soon as they get sick of propping it up, the house of cards will come tumbling down. The light of civilization will triumph and Canada will lose this mini-Cold War of theirs, just as the Soviets did.

With divergence come opportunity. 

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:50 AM, loveistheonlyway said:

I don't understand this, if Canadians and not only Canadians but the world hates Americans, why don't Canadians just sever ties with America? Sever trade, immigration, alliance, treaties, everything? 

I'm personally happy trading with my Canadian allies to the north.  But if you feel the need to break off all ties with the US, go ahead.

We trade over $600 Billion annually, the US can suck up that loss more easily than Canada. Canada would suddenly find themselves in need of a bigger military if the US was not bound to help defend Canada, that's going to cost you big time.

It may not be a bad thing in the end, it would make Canada more independent, but there would be a lot of hard times under the Mapleleaf for a long while.

10 minutes ago, Carlus Magnus said:

I'm personally happy trading with my Canadian allies to the north.  But if you feel the need to break off all ties with the US, go ahead.

We trade over $600 Billion annually, the US can suck up that loss more easily than Canada. Canada would suddenly find themselves in need of a bigger military if the US was not bound to help defend Canada, that's going to cost you big time.

It may not be a bad thing in the end, it would make Canada more independent, but there would be a lot of hard times under the Mapleleaf for a long while.

America should just fight a little war against Canada, not prolonged to the point of damaging American economic interests, but just to give Canadians a taste of their own medicine, to let them know where they really stand.

I'm not talking military action, just shut the border for a few months,  a shot upside the heads of Canadians, punch them in the economic mouth, you don't have to beat them to a pulp, just enough to ring their bell.

America should just fight a little war against Canada, not prolonged to the point of damaging American economic interests, but just to give Canadians a taste of their own medicine, to let them know where they really stand.

I'm not talking military action, just shut the border for a few months,  a shot upside the heads of Canadians, punch them in the economic mouth, you don't have to beat them to a pulp, just enough to ring their bell.

What    would  THAT achieve???

Nah we'll just send you your new driver license in the mail. We do expect an apology for not supporting our steel tariff though. 

20 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

Nah we'll just send you your new driver license in the mail. We do expect an apology for not supporting our steel tariff though. 

I never oppose your tariffs, that's a tax on you, I only pay Canadian tariffs.

Mind you, thanks to the American markets, I'm wealthy enough to not even notice, doesn't really effect me.

27 minutes ago, paxamericana said:

Thanks but  NO THANKS.