If Canadians hate Americans, why doesn't Canada just sever ties with America?

I don't understand this, if Canadians and not only Canadians but the world hates Americans, why don't Canadians just sever ties with America? Sever trade, immigration, alliance, treaties, everything? 

It's like you have this spouse you hate but for some reason you haven't considered a divorce......

Also you keep claiming that they are collapsing, so isn't it time to end it so you won't get affected? And don't worry about your economy and whatever, there is still the Commonwealth which consists of some of the richest nations on Earth that can help you.

It's true, there is this deep rooted anger and hatred for Americans by Canadians that I don't understand and no, I don't think it has anything to do with politics or trade wars or whatever current  or past issues they have with each other. In fact Canadians would probably celebrate if America was gone.

Seriously people, I want a serious answer to this. Not those arrogant, condescending, narcissistic responses but actual responses that makes sense.

Edited by loveistheonlyway

6 hours ago, loveistheonlyway said:

It's true, there is this deep rooted anger and hatred for Americans by Canadians that I don't understand and no, I don't think it has anything to do with politics or trade wars or whatever current  or past issues they have with each other. In fact Canadians would probably celebrate if America was gone.

Just about the whole planet would do that.

It's not hatred for Americans, its disgust for your government.  That said perhaps Americans don't differentiate between themselves and their government and they are what they eat so to speak.  Take it personally if you insist.

52 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Americans don't differentiate between themselves and their government

We americans are very critical of our government, rightly so.

However we do not tolerate outside criticism of our foreign policy, because from an international perspective we are one america.

We send our sons and daughter in harm's way to defend our 240 year old experiment.

Regardless of which political spectrum, we ALL support our troops, (our international envoy and peacekeepers)

1 minute ago, paxrom said:

We do not tolerate outside criticism of our foreign policy, because from an international perspective we are one america.

Yes, you are what you eat.

We send our sons and daughter in harm's way to defend our 240 year old experiment.

Regardless of which political spectrum, we ALL support our troops, (our international envoy and peacekeepers)

That's why terrorism isn't really a crime when it's deployed in retaliation against an electorate that's responsible for its government's actions.  Your vote is what puts you in harm's way.

2 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Yes, you are what you eat.

That's why terrorism isn't really a crime when it's deployed in retaliation against an electorate that's responsible for its government's actions.  Your vote is what puts you in harm's way.

We're Americans, we're not going to support  no education for women. We don't support gross violation of human rights and dignity. We don't support the destruction of Israel. We don't support chopping heads off of people who disagree with you. 

What we do support is "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" MURICAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, paxrom said:

We're Americans, we're not going to support  no education for women. We don't support gross violation of human rights and dignity. We don't support the destruction of Israel. We don't support chopping heads off of people who disagree with you. 

What we do support is "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" MURICAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll support human rights in America, usually grudgingly, but your commitment to this ideal in other countries is entirely contingent on whether it serves your interests, MURICAH in other words.

Edited by eyeball

4 minutes ago, eyeball said:

You'll support human rights in America, usually grudgingly, but your commitment to this ideal in other countries is entirely contingent on whether it serves your interests, MURICAH in other words.

We have no moral obligation to do the impossible. We do our best. 

Second, military can only solve so much, it need a diplomatically lead effort/solution too. Which I'm proud to say America has always been a leader in. 

Edited by paxrom
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, paxrom said:

We americans are very critical of our government, rightly so.

However we do not tolerate outside criticism of our foreign policy, because from an international perspective we are one america.

"I like those that weren't  captured " isn't supporting your troops.

14 minutes ago, eyeball said:

But you do support wars on lies and torture.

25 minutes ago, paxrom said:

But you do support the destruction of palestine .

I can't tell if this is typical american loathing or just the fact that Canada want to be viewed more seriously by Americans or both?

That''s because you are what you eat and can't differentiate yourself from your government.  You take the criticism too personally.

Just now, eyeball said:

That''s because you are what you eat and can't differentiate yourself from your government.  You take the criticism too personally.

No I'm talking about the "smugness" canadians and european have for america.

No I'm talking about the "smugness" canadians and european have for america.

Where do  you think the term  "ugly american" came from?

Describe the difference between aryan supremacy and America exceptionalism.