America's gun problem or is it?

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Canada couldn't have done anything to control anything at the end of World War Two, the Canadian government had relinquished command of Canadian forces to the British, who had put the American Dwight Eisenhower in charge.

Canada had the third largest navy at the end of the war and one of the largest air forces.  Unlike Britain, we had no war debt to America, but we all went along the Martial Plan because it seemed sensible.  Even the Americans knew that no country could go it alone, especially with rising Soviet threats.  Thus NATO. 

Third largest navy under British Command, the RCAF did not have any forces deployed to Europe, all Canadians airman deployed to Europe deployed as Royal Air Force.  All Canadian squadrons in Europe were RAF squadrons.  That's why all the squadrons are "400" prefix, 400 was the number the British applied to Canadian units in the RAF.

Canada's lack of debt had nothing to do with Canada's total reliance on the Americans for Canada's economic well being, which preceded 1945, Canada made its peace and became a protectorate of the Americans when the Americans shelved their plans to invade and annex Canada, which they maintained until 1925.

The Americans were of course totally capable of going it alone, they were not actually planning to occupy Europe indefinitely after the war, and in terms of the Soviet threat, America went with the hydrogen bomb as the solution to that. 

Which worked, except for the part where they almost destroyed themselves for West Berlin in October of 1962.

• Like 1

I mean, you've kind of outed yourself as being some sort of miseducated Millennial if you don't even know that Canada fought both world wars under British command, and the British fought the Second World War from 1943 onward under the American Supreme Allied Commander.

Never mind your ridiculous assertion that Canada was somehow represented at Yalta by anyone other than Winston Churchill.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Like 1

Anyways, just to get back on topic, there is the same sort of gun grabbers in America as in Canada, the Bernie Bro wing of the Democrat Party is totally Canadianized, they hold Cultural Marxist  Canada up as an example to follow, they want America to be Giant Canada, to include the same sort of draconian gotcha gun control intended to criminalize whatever aspects of gun ownership they can, as punishment in effect, they want to punish people for asserting a right to keep and bear arms, particularly military arms, same as the leftists in Canada do.

12 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

Anyways, just to get back on topic, there is the same sort of gun grabbers in America as in Canada, the Bernie Bro wing of the Democrat Party is totally Canadianized, they hold Cultural Marxist  Canada up as an example to follow, they want America to be Giant Canada, to include the same sort of draconian gotcha gun control intended to criminalize whatever aspects of gun ownership they can, as punishment in effect, they want to punish people for asserting a right to keep and bear arms, particularly military arms, same as the leftists in Canada do.

Perfect.  Will that include FEMA camps for alt-right anti-Globalists?  Here’s hoping.  Soros is rubbing his hands and scheming as we speak.  With regard to your other comments on Yalta et al,  I’m very aware of the history.  I worked for a while in Russia and studied the culture and history at the grad level.  Solzhenitsyn’s Red Circle is a great comprehensive  read. Canada’s contributions in Europe are well documented during WW2.  Your dismissal of Canada’s actions as somehow subsidiary are off the mark.  All of the Allied attacks were coordinated.  The Netherlands see Canada in WW2 much the way France sees Canada in WW1:

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/liberation-of-holland

In addition to liberating Holland, the Queen and her family took refuge in Canada.  

Canada sent more than a million soldiers to fight.  For more on the WW2 effort:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Canada_during_World_War_II

Edited by Zeitgeist

Contrary to popular myth in Canada, Canada did not fight the Second World War.  The British fought the Second World War, Canada provided troops to the British.

The British mostly used them as disposable cannon fodder, because the Canadian government was eager to suck up to the British, so they encouraged the British to use Canadian troops as cannon fodder.

21 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Contrary to popular myth in Canada, Canada did not fight the Second World War.  The British fought the Second World War, Canada provided troops to the British.

The British mostly used them as disposable cannon fodder, because the Canadian government was eager to suck up to the British, so they encouraged the British to use Canadian troops as cannon fodder.

Tell that to the families of the 44000 Canadian dead.  You think Admirals are armies?  Please.  Canada stood by her allies from the beginning, paid a big price, and made an outsized contribution.  You should know that if you’re really former Canadian military.  

Edited by Zeitgeist

1 minute ago, Zeitgeist said:

Tell that to the families of the 44000 Canadian dead.  You think Admirals are armies?  Please.  Canada stood by her allies from the beginning.  

My Great Grandfather was 72nd Overseas Battalion (The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada). He fought from Second Ypres to Mons on the last day of the war.  Died after the war due to complications from inhaling gas.

Mt grandfather flew the de Havilland Mosquito with the RAF in the Second World War.   Moved to America after the war, became an American citizen, barely even visited Canada after.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

My Great Grandfather was 72nd Overseas Battalion (The Seaforth Highlanders of Canada). He fought from Second Ypres to Mons on the last day of the war.  Died after the war due to complications from inhaling gas.

Mt grandfather flew the de Havilland Mosquito with the RAF in the Second World War.   Moved to America after the war, became an American citizen, barely even visited Canada after.

The truth comes out.  You’re not really Canadian.  

Just going through my great grandfathers effects and war record; he was B Company, 72nd Overseas Battalion, Canadian Expeditionary Force, British Imperial Army.

He entered the First World War at Ypres as a Private Soldier, at Mons on 11 November 1918,  he was the Company Sergeant Major.

Cuidich'n Righ

58 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

I was not aware, that the British Army, was ever actually officially designated as the British Imperial Army by the British.

None the less, this is an official document, of HM Government of Canada, circa 1919, and it says "British Imperial Army".

Canada had only been a country for 52 years at that point and had less than 10 million people.  The only reason this history applies to gun control is with regard to a sovereign country’s right to protect its citizens.  Canadian gun control does this with some success, albeit incompletely.  While I strongly oppose Canada having anything resembling the Second Amendment because of the damage it’s done south of the border, I do recognize that it was born out of that country’s more violent and revolutionary past. While that right could have and should have been given up over a century ago, now it’s probably too late to revoke.  Too many guns in the hands of too many bad guys.  Do what you can for gun control down there I suppose.  Even up here we need more safeguards. 

I post in good faith in allowance of the moderator by the terms and conditions of the forum.  I am not opposed to Charles Anthony as a moderator, he seems to do a good job, except for the part where he apparently allows you to jack threads at your leisure while cracking down on me for correcting the record.

As per the moderator, if you would like to make a thread about how the veterans and their families are somehow your ideological allies against me and my kin, I will continue to advise you there, that not only am I a decorated veteran, but I am descendant of decorated veterans of the First and Second World Wars as well

12 hours ago, Zeitgeist said:

Canada had only been a country for 52 years at that point

No it hadn't. 

Canada was part of the British Empire, Canada did not declare war on Germany in 1914, Britain declared war on Germany, Canada was automatically at war therein, since Canada did not control its foreign policy, London did.   Just like now, as Washington controls Canada's foreign policy.  Fake country in 1914, fake country now. There is no country but the Queen, Canada is a sub national agreement of the British Empire which became a protectorate of the American Hegemon upon said Hegemon buying the British Empire in effect.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your whole "cultural protectorate" is in fact ahistorical bullshit cooked up by the Liberal Party of Canada and fed to you like mothers milk by the CBC.

If veterans and their familes can't handle the truth, too bad, but Canada was cannon fodder for the British Empire before it became cannon fodder for the American Hegenomy, Canada has never fought for itself, but once, in 1885, against Louis Riel and the Metis, otherwise known as the North-West Rebellion.

And that is where Canadian gun control was born, to disarm the indians.

And that is why Canada is so restrictive about tactical firearms, because Canada was a fake country stealing indian land then just like it is a fake country stealing indian land now, afraid of a general indian uprising then just as it is afraid of a general indian uprising now.

A Canadian War is extracting commodities from the Indians at gunpoint, everything else is imperialist war for London,  then Washington.

God save the Queen and her Mohawk warriors.

Save them from Canada; the fake country pretender to the throne wholly owned subsidiary of Anglo-American oil and mining companies as directed by the Washington National Security Consensus.

As a decorated Canadian veteran myself, I don't find any of this upsetting, because I was a professional soldier of the Crown, and that is simply a mercenary who chooses which royal house he will defend and uphold.   I don't owe Canada anything, but Canada doesn't owe me anything neither, I was paid in full for my service, to include a pension.

Thank you kindly to the Canadian taxpayer,  it was an honour and a privilege to defend your Queen, Elizabeth Windsor. North German Protestants ftw.

Edited by Dougie93

8 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

No it hadn't. 

Canada was part of the British Empire, Canada did not declare war on Germany in 1914, Britain declared war on Germany, Canada was automatically at war therein, since Canada did not control its foreign policy, London did.   Just like now, as Washington controls Canada's foreign policy.  Fake country in 1914, fake country now. There is no country but the Queen, Canada is a sub national agreement of the British Empire which became a protectorate of the American Hegemon upon said Hegemon buying the British Empire in effect.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your whole "cultural protectorate" is in fact ahistorical bullshit cooked up by the Liberal Party of Canada and fed to you like mothers milk by the CBC.

If veterans and their familes can't handle the truth, too bad, but Canada was cannon fodder for the British Empire before it became cannon fodder for the American Hegenomy, Canada has never fought for itself, but once, in 1885, against Louis Riel and the Metis, otherwise known as the North-West Rebellion.

And that is where Canadian gun control was born, to disarm the indians.

And that is why Canada is so restrictive about tactical firearms, because Canada was a fake country stealing indian land then just like it is a fake country stealing indian land now, afraid of a general indian uprising then just as it is afraid of a general indian uprising now.

A Canadian War is extracting commodities from the Indians at gunpoint, everything else is imperialist war for London,  then Washington.

God save the Queen and her Mohawk warriors.

Save them from Canada; the fake country pretender to the throne wholly owned subsidiary of Anglo-American oil and mining companies as directed by the Washington National Security Consensus.

As a decorated Canadian veteran myself, I don't find any of this upsetting, because I was a professional soldier of the Crown, and that is simply a mercenary who chooses which royal house he will defend and uphold.   I don't owe Canada anything, but Canada doesn't owe me anything neither, I was paid in full for my service, to include a pension.

Thank you kindly to the Canadian taxpayer,  it was an honour and a privilege to defend your Queen, Elizabeth Windsor. North German Protestants ftw.

That’s a twisted interpretation of history and your homeland.  Canada is a bulwark for freedom, tolerance, and democracy in a time of rising xenophobia and concentrated corporate wealth, backstopped by the populist right, that may destroy our planet.  Canada lacks the hard power it once had and should have again, however, Canada’s image and real actions on a number of fronts are critical and significant in the Information Age, as we can and do influence public opinion and voting worldwide, for the better.  I promise you that less Canada would create more problems worldwide. Do you want a more unhinged US and Russia?  What about Saudi Arabia?  Britain is consumed by domestic problems with Brexit.  Europe is also suffering major growing pains.  Russia and China are taking advantage.  Who will speak up for human rights, rule of law, and responsible government?  It won’t be Trump.  

According to you the British Empire is wholly owned by the US, and you include Canada and Europe in that property.  No doubt Britain and the Allied Forces relied on American support to finish the war and Britain paid a costly debt for this support both financial and political, but I never forget that it was Sir Winston who declared war on Nazi Germany and Canada, a separate country, declared war very shortly afterwards.  America joined after it was attacked, but no one would forget America’s contributions.  

The days of empires dominated by a single power caused all sorts of problems: colonialism, taxation without representation, invasion, theft, oppression.  America is the best of the existing three superpowers, but even America needs the checks and balances of the international community.  No one is perfect.  The US hasn’t signed onto the international criminal court, land mine treaties, and apparently the Paris Accord on Climate Change.  These aren’t positive choices.  I understand a small degree of exceptionalism for the sake of sovereignty, but at times the US has been dangerously rogue. 

Be grateful for international law and alliances, and for the hard won dividends of peace and NATO, which continues to protect liberal democracy.  The more you attempt to weaken such alliances and the sovereignty of smaller powers like Canada, the more exposed all countries become to abuses of democratic representation and rule of law.  

Canadians support strong gun control among other policies that the US doesn’t currently support.  We wish to retain all of the laws and protections that our people enact and continue to choose.  Don’t ever fuck with that. 

Edited by Zeitgeist