America's gun problem or is it?

11 minutes ago, Drew Bedson said:

Not me, Canadian.  Is jumping the gun and not knowing reality and whom is your enemy the reasons why you and your messed up theology leads the world in terrorist attacks?B)

I didn’t invade Iraq on a lie and torture in Abu graighb.

What was the lie in Iraq?  The Congressional and UNSC authorization to use force was based on Iraq's refusal to adhere to the UNSC brokered ceasefire conditions of which only one had to do with WMDs.

Not to mention UNSCR 686 which stated that if Iraq didn't return or account for POWs, foreign nationals or missing persons that they would be subject to the same use of force which was;

“”authorized Member States to use all necessary means to uphold and implement its resolution 660 (1990) of 2 August 1990 and all relevant resolutions subsequent“”

Please stop making your foreign policy determinations off protest placards.

8 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The closest I ever came to the Olympic Torch was that Warrant Barnsley was the course warrant and Sergeant Gates was my section commander, on Recce Course.

That was log PT hell.

Chuck?  RIP he was a great man.

1 minute ago, Drew Bedson said:

I've learned that all those who signed to serve deserve the same respect.  

You have mine.

I always wore Leg as a badge of honour.   VRI is what I'm all about, Victoria my Queen and Empress, Pro Patria.

None the less, as a Recce Patrolman,  I prize the Patrol Pathfinder Course as the pinnacle of the trade.

The brotherhood is of course the profession of arms, but amongst the profession of arms, the Canadian Airborne Regiment Pathfinder Platoon is the best I've ever seen.

I knew him when he was a Private. He did it all right.  Same as Marten,  great soldier.  We were all hard then.  Wish things could just stay the same but life goes on and here we are.

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Scared the bejeezers out of me.   I saw Chuck Bansley coming, I looked the other way and tried to play the Grey Man.

LOL so he was doing his job then.  That first name shit doesn't work very well once you hit the line and take casualties  Then you need to be more scared of your leaders than the enemy..

You still in Doug?

6 minutes ago, Drew Bedson said:

I knew him when he was a Private. He did it all right.  Same as Marten,  great soldier.  We were all hard then.  Wish things could just stay the same but life goes on and here we are.
LOL so he was doing his job then.  That first name shit doesn't work very well once you hit the line and take casualties  Then you need to be more scared of your leaders than the enemy..

Oh I worshiped Barnsley,  Infantry God in the classical sense.  

I can see him now, little short legs going under the rucksack, about fifty yards up the Mattawa from me, and he just keeps going faster and faster and no matter how fast I pump my legs I just can't  close the gap. With Sageant Gates in my ear telling me more torture awaits if I don't get my slack and idle baby soft ass up there already.

The army was non stop fun, but one was wise to give a wide berth, to the ornery likes of Chuck Barnsley, even when he was in a good mood, never mind when you pissed him off.

Edited by Dougie93

Too bad for both of us. I loved it.  Remember Zipperhead hill and charging up that mother when I was a nothing then leading troops up all times as lead years later.   In the heat and the cold.  Ah well, all over now, no going back, just memories. 

I think you and I could sit over a few and talk about the characters we knew fairly well.  Carriere, Woods, Ruckheim, Irving et al.  

Monkey Mcneil, Gapp, Marr also on my FB freinds list bless them all Stuart Groves is my daim BIL lol.

Edited by Drew Bedson

6 minutes ago, Drew Bedson said:

Too bad for both of us. I loved it.  Remember Zipperhead hill and charging up that mother when I was a nothing then leading troops up all times as lead years later.   In the heat and the cold.  Ah well, all over now, no going back, just memories.

Yeah good times.  Even at the worst of times it was the best of times, cause you always had your buds around to smoke and joke about it with, so long as you didn't end up in detention barracks, it was all good.

Edited by Dougie93
  • Haha 1

I blame the Mefloquine.  I had a buddy with 2 Cdo come back on leave right after the incident, and there was something very wrong with him, he was out of control in downtown Toronto trying to take everybody on for no good reason, it was like he was drugged with something.

Matchee was a bully but he wasn't that crazy when I met him.

Edited by Dougie93

Bear in mind, Mefloquine doesn't effect everybody the same, it's like antidepressants, some people notice nothing, some people snap.

It was like Matchee's tendencies were being amplified, what he did was totally irrational, it was madness, and then he imediately tried to kill himself which is another tell tale sign.

I defer to both D's

1 hour ago, Jimwd said:

Is that why you lead the world in killing your kids in schools?

No no. You are way off Jim. You are mistaking the people sent to put out the fire with the people who started the fire. Don't.

Edited by Rue