America's gun problem or is it?

Bear in mind tho, an AR is not the be all and end all.  

The non restricted slide action twelve gauge shotgun is actually a more devastating weapon, so much so it is prohibited to use a shotgun against Hague protected troops under the laws of armed conflict. 

It's just harder to master the shotgun for tactical close quarter application as compared to the carbine.

Easily addressed tho, check out Magpul Dynamics: The Art of Dynamic Shotgun with Haley and Costa.

16 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

Basil Borutsky shot all three of his ex-girlfriends on the same day, right after he got out of jail.   Not in America.  Renfrew County Ontario.

Seems to be a bit of a flaw in your Pre-Crime program, Jim.

Irrelevant to the discussion.

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

You claim that Canada's gun control keeps guns out of the hands of the people who shouldn't have them, and when that is proven to be manifestly untrue, you claim it's irrelevant to the discussion.

Canada has 2.1 total gun deaths per 100,000 population.

America has 10.3 total gun deaths per 100 k population.

you have anything else?

Just now, Yzermandius19 said:

Prove that it's because of the difference in gun control policies, or you are presenting a correlation equals causation fallacy as your argument.

Because in your states with the most gun control have the least amount of gun deaths,

example ..California 7.4 gun deaths per 100 k

texas 12.3 per 100k

1 minute ago, Dougie93 said:

They don't call it the Home of the Brave for nothing, the liberty to take your freedom is a harsh realm.

Be strong. Be of good courage. God bless America.  Long live the Republic.

Brave .?when you think you need a gun to feel safe ..chances are you live in a war zone or you’re  a frightened person,

3 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Because in your states with the most gun control have the least amount of gun deaths,

example ..California 7.4 gun deaths per 100 k

texas 12.3 per 100k

The portions of California with the highest amount of gun deaths are in the places with most gun control though, the same is true of Texas.
/shrugs

Edited by Yzermandius19

2 minutes ago, Yzermandius19 said:

The portions of California with the highest amount of gun deaths are in the places with most gun control though. You can recite facts, but your ability to draw conclusions based on those facts is lacking.

Post your stats because ..

http://politicsthatwork.com/graphs/gun-deaths-by-state

1 minute ago, Jimwd said:

Brave .?when you think you need a gun to feel safe ..chances are you live in a war zone or you’re  a frightened person,

I train to maintain my edge as a professional close quarters tactician, for extremis.  

The Canadian taxpayer spent millions training me to be a master of CQC, and I don't waste tax dollars.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

I train to maintain my edge as a professional close quarters tactician, for extremis.  

The Canadian taxpayer spent millions training me to be a master of CQC, and I don't waste tax dollars.

Not interested in your strawmsn or you.....take it elsewhere,

10 minutes ago, Jimwd said:

Look at the portions of California which have the highest per capita gun deaths, then check to see how the gun control in that location compares to the gun control in the areas with the lowest per capita gun deaths. You can do it with any state. Look within the state, instead of simply comparing different states, gun control isn't uniform across entire states, some localities have more of it than others, for instance Chicago has more gun control than the rest of Illinois and has higher per capita gun deaths, those difference are more relevant to the discussion than a state by state comparison.

Edited by Yzermandius19

For in extremis tactical applications, gun control in Canada is really not all that restrictive, if you are back against the wall and forced to come out shooting, it's hard to imagine many scenarios in Canada which could not be ended decisively in your favour, with a Colt C8 and a Remington 870.

That's all JTF2 Assaulters are packing, minus the Sig Sauer, and really, a sidearm is a nice to have more than a must have.

Edited by Dougie93

In America, the most restrictive gun control goes on in the big cities, and the least restrictive gun control goes on in more sparsely populated areas of the state. For the most part, states that are the most urbanized have more restrictive gun control than states which are the least urbanized. Yet most of the gun deaths in the country are occurring in the big cities, and not out in the country where gun control is far more lax, state by state gun death per capita stats don't refute that observation in the slightest.

Edited by Yzermandius19

In real terms the gun control in New York and the gun control in Ontario are pretty similar. 

They have a ten round mag limit, we have a five round mag limit, they require a permit to carry and those are issued by the police, we have a permit to carry and those are issued by the police, they have a store arm and ammo separate regulation, we have a store arm and ammo separate regulation, they have breed bans, we have breed bans, they have an FBI background check, we have an RCMP background check.

They are however allowed to own nunchucks.  Nunchuks are banned in Ontario.

On 2/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, Dougie93 said:

Pretty sure we did.   Charles Whitman killed 18, wounded 31, that's the 8th deadliest mass shooting in American history.

Ya, but in those days in America did they have as many mass shootings back then like they have had in America these past several years? I heard of the Valentines Day massacre that happened in Chicago way back when. I guess that we can come to the conclusion that was a mass shooting but it was of a different kind of mass shooting. Criminal gangs killing members of another criminal gang. Can't include them in there. 

19 hours ago, Jimwd said:

Canada has 2.1 total gun deaths per 100,000 population.

America has 10.3 total gun deaths per 100 k population.

you have anything else?

America has ten times the population of Canada. There is no doubt about it that the reason why there are more gun deaths in America then in Canada is because of our population differences. 

Just now, taxme said:

Ya, but in those days in America did they have as many mass shootings back then like they have had in America these past several years? I heard of the Valentines Day massacre that happened in Chicago way back when. I guess that we can come to the conclusion that was a mass shooting but it was of a different kind of mass shooting. Criminal gangs killing members of another criminal gang. Can't include them in there. 

Charles Whitman is the model which all mass shooters follow now.  Although Whitman had a brain tumor apparently, so there is evidence that the tumor may have been rendering him mentally ill.

Entirely plausible, if someone in that condition did what Whitman did in Canada now, they could plead NCR and be acquitted of criminal wrong doing.

In terms of gang culture in America, I would say that comes from the Southron honor culture, the Southrons were duelists, Southron gentleman settled things in the streets with a gun.

The culture was transplanted to the rest of America, West by way of the cowboys, north by way of the freed slaves who were Southron and so brought their Southron culture with them too.

Just now, Dougie93 said:

Charles Whitman is the model which all mass shooters follow now.  Although Whitman had a brain tumor apparently, so there is evidence that the tumor may have been rendering him mentally ill.

Entirely plausible, if someone in that condition did what Whitman did in Canada now, they could plead NCR and be acquitted of criminal wrong doing.

In terms of gang culture in America, I would say that comes from the Southron honor culture, the Southrons were duelists, Southron gentleman settled things in the streets with a gun.

The culture was transplanted to the rest of America, West by way of the cowboys, north by way of the freed slaves who were Southron and so brought their Southron culture with them too.

Why do we need to have any gun laws at all in Canada. We already have a law in the criminal code of Canada that says that if one murders someone they get to go to jail. Our stupid and stunned politicians always seem to want to create more new silly ass laws and waste billions of our tax dollars and for what?  If someone commits a planned murder and shoots and kills someone then we can use the criminal code of Canada to go after that person and charge them with murder. Gun laws mean nothing to criminals. They will kill someone regardless of any gun laws in place. We see that happening all the time. Murdering someone with a gun should get an add on to any murderers sentence. 

Honest gun owners are being forced to purchase gun licences to own a gun in most cases and have to go thru gun training in order to own a gun which I guess is fine but there is no need for them to have to have a license after that. Once they have qualified that they know how to handle a gun properly than that should be it. Needing a gun licence only means that there must be another government bureaucracy created that the taxpayer's have to pay for out of their tax dollars even though most Canadians do not even own a gun. 

Sounds like common sense and logic to me. What about you or any other member here? Is it necessary for someone who owns a gun to have to have a licence once they have qualified to own a gun? New gun owners are already paying out big bucks to go thru training. That should be enough. 

30 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

The black gang bangers in America were the first people to start bringing guns into schools. Stupid white kids followed suit. Before that guns in schools was unheard of. They started that culture of school shootings long ago. Just saying.  

Edited by taxme

The gun laws in Canada came from the American West.  The first gun control was about cowboys in the West shooting the place up in the saloons.

Canada then adopted the American gun control, but not for the cowboys here, here it was for the Indians, Canadian gun control is born in 1885, for the purposes of disarming the Indians.

4 minutes ago, taxme said:

The black gang bangers in America were the first people to start bringing guns into schools. Before that guns in schools was unheard of. They started that culture of school shootings long ago. Just saying.  

The first school shooting recorded in American history was 12 November 1840 at Charlottesville Virginia where a law professor was shot by one of his students.

Joseph Semmes shoots John Davis.  Pretty sure they were white.

Edited by Dougie93