Jogger accidentally crosses U.S. border from B.C., gets detained for 2 weeks by authorities

On 6/22/2018 at 9:01 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

In this case, the "property" was marked with signage.   It is not a defence to claim that all of the land boundary has to be marked.

She admits to violating an international boundary out of inexperience/ignorance.

Was she cavity searched?

Pigs.

Raped because she didn't see the sign.

Pigs.

Some f'n 'neighbours'.

Edited by jacee

4 minutes ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

How would I know ?    How would you know ?   

Pigs !

Of course she was. Can't you read?

Send us your lost joggers.

We'll send them back immediately  without raping them.

Yes, pigs. Dumb and mean.

Edited by jacee

4 minutes ago, jacee said:

Of course she was. Can't you read?

Send us your lost joggers.

We'll send them back immediately  without raping them.

Yes, pigs. Dumb and mean.

Nothing special about her or her "cavities"....men have "cavities" too.

I agree...she was dumb.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

• 1 year later...

So a pair of British tourists and their baby were driving south of Vancouver, when they apparently took a wrong turn and wound up in the US. God help em...

In short order they were arrested, locked into cells, then flown all the way to a Pennsylvania detention centre!

Remember the time when people could simply walk back and forth across the border and nobody cared? I keep hearing more and more insane things about American border enforcement which resembles the brainless adherence to rule of law you used to see in Communist countries. Because no one dares use their own common sense lest the system turn on THEM instead.

A British couple say they have been detained in the US after accidentally crossing the border from Canada. David Connors, 30, and his wife Eileen, 24, say they are being held in Pennsylvania with their three-month-old baby and are "traumatised".

They say were driving with relatives on 3 October when, to avoid an animal, they veered onto a small road.A police officer then pulled them over, told them they were in the US state of Washington and arrested them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50050467

7 hours ago, Argus said:

So a pair of British tourists and their baby were driving south of Vancouver, when they apparently took a wrong turn and wound up in the US. God help em...

In short order they were arrested, locked into cells, then flown all the way to a Pennsylvania detention centre!

Remember the time when people could simply walk back and forth across the border and nobody cared? I keep hearing more and more insane things about American border enforcement which resembles the brainless adherence to rule of law you used to see in Communist countries. Because no one dares use their own common sense lest the system turn on THEM instead.

A British couple say they have been detained in the US after accidentally crossing the border from Canada. David Connors, 30, and his wife Eileen, 24, say they are being held in Pennsylvania with their three-month-old baby and are "traumatised".

They say were driving with relatives on 3 October when, to avoid an animal, they veered onto a small road.A police officer then pulled them over, told them they were in the US state of Washington and arrested them.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50050467

I doubt we’re getting the whole story.  

7 hours ago, Argus said:

Illegals crossing into Canada from the U.S. border would also be arrested and detained.

1 hour ago, bush_cheney2004 said:

Illegals crossing into Canada from the U.S. border would also be arrested and detained.

Never hard of someone crossing by mistake being detained for weeks or flown across the country. Usually they'd be sent back same day or next.

Just now, Argus said:

Never hard of someone crossing by mistake being detained for weeks or flown across the country. Usually they'd be sent back same day or next.

I'm sure it has happened before...depends on the case.   We don't know the details here.

The U.S. border tightened up after 9/11, long before Trump.

Just now, Argus said:

Found the guy whose never been to the border...

I crossed at Michigan 2 years ago and the guy there asked me a million questions, asked me to roll down all of my windows.  There were cameras all around my car...I was surprised he didnt ask me to pop the trunk lol 

Not like when I was younger.  My sis was at Niagra university, I crossed the border without even showing any I.d. 

Now we are getting the rest of the story.....

The vehicle was pulled over by border patrol agents and the four adults and three children — all U.K. citizens — were arrested. It's a moment the vacationing couple says turned into "the scariest experience of our lives," according to a complaint the couple filed with the U.S. government.

But Malin said in her emailed response two of the adults had previously been denied entry into the U.S.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials say they tried to return the group to Canada, but they were refused re-entry. After two unsuccessful attempts to contact the U.K. consulate, the group was turned over to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/uk-tourists-arrested-entering-us-illegally-1.5321656

Edited by bush_cheney2004

• 2 months later...
On 6/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, bush_cheney2004 said:

Their photo will be taken, fingerprints and other bio markers recorded, statements documented, etc.

Yep. that is exactly what they do; a treatment like she is a criminal; but two weeks detention?  Give me a break!

Those are idiots!

On 10/16/2019 at 4:09 AM, Cannucklehead said:

In a statement provided by the family’s lawyer, Bridget Cambria, Ms Connors said they were flown to Berks Family Residential Centre, on the other side of the country in Pennsylvania, and denied the right to contact their embassy.

Sounds fishy imo.  Why wouldn't they be allowed to contact their embassy?  

This was probably the refueling stop to fly her to Guantanamo.  :-)